• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Caffeinated Booze Four Loko, Not Drugs, Sickened Students at Party

That's a fuck ton of caffeine and why exactly is alcohol not being considered a drug? Caffeine can be overlooked, but alcohol?

"Someone drinking alcoholic energy drinks is four times more likely to drive than someone just drinking alcohol," he said.

Obviously because it is FOUR Loco!

This.

Although I haven't heard of stacks, there is a similar product on the market called Earthquake. It's basically the same amount of alcohol as a can of four loko minus the sugar and caffiene. So if you wanna get your swerve on like that I'd stick to one of these. It doesn't taste like juice, but hell, it's beer with lots of alc in it. What do you expect? At least it's not faking it like these god awful energy brews.

Friends in my circle have been drinking four loko's and Joose's for about a year and a half now. I've watched them all expand in size. This is due to four loko having 600+ calories per can.
I must admit, I fell for it at first, and I was hooked on them because of the low price and convenience of just drinking one can and being buzzed.

But I'd recommend people steer clear from this. I've never felt such intense stomach pains as I have from drinking Four Loko. It simply just cannot be good for you.
It's obviously aimed towards the younger drinking crowd with it's cool design and logos.
It also is 23.5 ounces, which is the companies way of getting around some sort of illegality which resides in a 24 oz alcoholic beverage containing caffeine or something to do with the alcohol percentage, I can't recall exactly off the top of my head.
This stuff is bad news. I say this out of experience. Not to mention they all taste horrible in their own way, just with a different color. All the flavors make you gag and then want to get it down as quickly as possible because of the foul taste.
If you want a cheap buzz, get some Earthquake, it's usually located right next to the Four Loko's and Joose's it just doesn't stand out with a "cool, eye-catching" label.
It's also cheaper, around here they go for 1.48.So it's cheaper and better for you than FL's, with the same amount of ALC content.
I'm assuming this "Stacks" is in the same price margin, am I right in assuming this Psychedelic Jay?
Seriously though, Four lokos make you rude, rowdy, and crash hard. All while plumping the young drinker up to be the fat american alcoholic he's already bound to become, just at a quicker pace.

Convenience can be found in other canisters.

Yeah, it is essentially the same.

Joose and Stack are both the same company.
Four Loko and Earthquake are the same company.

Stack and Earthquake are similar in sales just like Joose and Four Loko.

All this caffeine and alcohol are just due to these companies trying to create a more hardcore party drink for the average youngster.

It's just the fact that the companies don't care if you decide to use these products correctly.
There are two servings in a can. That's just enough chemicals to make anyone sick. The only people benefiting from this shit is the company.

This type of shit is simply to get broke people fucked up. My old neighborhood store is flooded with Sparks, Joose, and Four Loko...

Same concept for 40 malt liquors. Which taste a lot better and are not as endangering as these party energy drinks.

It is a war to take over impoverished alcoholics and younger drinkers alike.. Ethanol is really cheap and very profitable to sell.

got shitfaced off this stuff once. decided i would never be drinking it again. passed out in a backyard and woke up with cats licking my face and feeling like complete shit. usually i see people who think beer is gross drinking it.

^^lol it has its place, but i would agree that that place is not a party with a bunch of college freshmen

eh, i think its only appropriate at a serious underground rave where no one can afford real drugs...squatter parties ftw

In michigan we have a few different types of energy drink beers, Sparks, Tilt, Jungle Juice, and a couple others.

I drink them occasionally and can get through 3-4 pretty easily without getting all jacked up like these kids.

Count on the girls to ruin the party!

I usually always hate how alcohol is always allowed to get away with negative media reports, but this one actually pisses me off.

People should have the freedom to consume this if they want, people can make these drinks themselves with energy drinks and vodka etc.

For people looking to get drunk they're nice and better than forties, I've yet to try em, but I really wish I could. Its so dumb, I heard a news story on today and it said they added hard liquor to the shit, no wonder. These are nothing more than irresponsible college kids getting fucked up on the shit and doing dumb stuff.

In michigan we have a few different types of energy drink beers, Sparks, Tilt, Jungle Juice, and a couple others.

I drink them occasionally and can get through 3-4 pretty easily without getting all jacked up like these kids.

I drank alot of Tilt and Sparx when I was in Michigan. :)

Never did I pass out early, that much I know.

That's an indecent amount of caffeine...

Brutal... I can't drink alcohol with caffeine, it just kicks in the hangover really fast.

The alcohol content is high compared to beer, but a bit less than wine.
It is the caffeine that is messing people up.
If one can does have "the equivalent of 5 cups of coffee" = 500 mg or more, then someone drinking two cans could easily be in big trouble.

And what about where the article says

Is that based on some scientific research, or did he pull those numbers out of his rear end?
Results: Results from logistic regression models revealed that patrons who had consumed alcohol mixed with
energy drinks were at a 3-fold increased risk of leaving a bar highly intoxicated (BrAC ≥ 0.08 g/210 L), as well as
a 4-fold increased risk of intending to drive upon leaving the bar district, compared to other drinking patrons
who did not consume alcoholic beverages mixed with energy drinks.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=.../pdfs/energydrinks_and_intoxication.pdf&pli=1

This.

Although I haven't heard of stacks, there is a similar product on the market called Earthquake. It's basically the same amount of alcohol as a can of four loko minus the sugar and caffiene. So if you wanna get your swerve on like that I'd stick to one of these. It doesn't taste like juice, but hell, it's beer with lots of alc in it. What do you expect? At least it's not faking it like these god awful energy brews.

Friends in my circle have been drinking four loko's and Joose's for about a year and a half now. I've watched them all expand in size. This is due to four loko having 600+ calories per can.

Hahah, when i read the article the first thing I thought was about "Joose" and when cosmic charlie got super fucked up from drinkin them nasty things, pukin all over the place. shit cannot be good for you. I had never heard of this four loko biz tho, I aint into that shit so Im slow to hear about the new drinks I guess. Shit just sounds so damn nasty tho, i really couldnt imagine drinkin that shit with all the caffeine in it, it must absolutely destroy ur stomach.