View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Cactus tea before waterpark to beat the heat

tregar

Bluelighter
It's been 4 months since I have tripped as I lost 1/2 the hearing in my right ear with tinnitus (5 out of 10 in loud tone constant) and broken speaker effect......but the tiny hole in my eardrum has finally healed after the dreadful ear infection months ago, been normal now for 3 whole weeks. Saw two doctors and audiologists. Glad to finally get rid of that hearing aid was wearing for months.

I'll be drinking a bridgesii tea I made 6 months ago, that I had frozen in freezer all this time, it's 150g per oz x 5 oz = 750g (or about 750/2 = 375mg mescaline in my estimation) and drink this before heading out to the waterpark for the day....I've tripped at the waterpark on bridgesii over a dozen times over the years, all the river and park looks like a fairy tale land, feel like a kid again, it's the most incredible experience all day long....love it!

Even when I come home 4 hours later I am still tripping hard...nature is so beautiful on mescaline, it's made for the outdoors. All the bathing suits on the women glow neon in color and they look like goddesses or cartoon versions of themselves with exaggerated features, you feel like kid again, all anew. The colors are divine, shimmering and glowing visuals, and it feels like the spirits above are smiling down on you.

Before I made the tea long time ago, I boil the de-skinned cactus chunks for 1 hour, then strain thru a strainer, then boil down to 5oz, the put in fridge and wait 2 days for any and all green particles (that cause nausea to the intestines) to fall to bottom of 1/2 pint tall jar, then decant and freeze or drink only what is above the 1/4 layer of gunk at the bottom for zero nausea.

Subeasy said:
So are you able to de-skin it without wasting the good stuff?
Yes, sorry did not clarify, I'm just removing the super thin wax layer from the outside.

Creonantigone said:
I think the skin in this context means the waxy clear layer on out the outside, which you have to peel before even getting to the green part.

It's more like a membrane - maybe not actually a skin, but I think it is being called that in analogy to apples, pears etc, where one might also remove the layer on the outside.
Yes, I just cut away chunks from around the core of the bridgesii cactus (12" long x 2.5" wide), deskin all the individual chunks by hand using fingernails to peel off the wax, then throw all the chunks into pyrex pot of boiling water, boil for 1 hour, send water thru a strainer, put water in a pot and boil down to 150g per oz, I'll put the 5oz or however many oz of water in a 1/2 pint tall jar with lid in the fridge, wait 2 days for all the tiny green particles (cause nausea to the intestines) to fall to bottom...

...there will be a 1/4" layer of green gunk that sticks to bottom full of the particles, just decant off all the liquid from above the 1/4" layer into a fresh jar, and reheat this to drink before you trip, or freeze and it will keep forever.

I guarantee no nausea with this method, I've never gotten sick and your stomach and intestines will love the fact that all the nauseating particles are gone. I've took the equivalent yesterday (added more frozen tea) of 500mg of mescaline at the waterpark, rode several rides, wave pool, sat in waves for long time, swimming in pools, never any nausea...best time ever. Mescaline is easy to handle outdoors, you will be tripping hard but you can still handle anything that comes your way, people see you as completely normal, can have coherent conversations.

My wife (who drives us there) and I have a great time at the waterpark yesterday from 10am till 2pm. Even when got home was tripping hard for many more hours...I love the fact it lasts so long. We rode on tubes in several rides, played in wave pool, sat in the edge of the waves, I ended up taking around 1000g fresh all in all, as I added more tea. That's around 1000/2 = 500mg of mescaline, it was the best time I've had in ages, great to trip after nearly 4.5 months, as the ear problem had me out for 4 months. Thankfully the waterpark is right down the street, used to lifeguard there ages ago.

Highly recommend, when got home listened to music for hours, it was heavenly, the music enhancement was divine. I used to extract mescaline long, long time ago, but love doing this tea method much more, it's simple, fast, easy to drink although bitter, and zero nausea just like the extracted stuff used to be.

glanmit said:
Quote:

is your tinnitus gone completely now?

Yes glanmit, the loud tinnitus is completely gone now thanks to the application of dmso (dimethyl sulfoxide) behind the bad ear done every 4 days for a month. It eliminated the inflammation of the audial nerve in inner ear. I am forever thankful, it was ruining my life. Study on this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1055561/

Here is a pic of the cactus tea I consumed last night (on Wednesday) It contains 150g fresh peeled chunks brigesii per oz, I drank all 6 oz of the 1/4 pint jar = 150g x 6 = 900g / 2 = approximately 450mg mescaline.

It was a phenomenal experience! One of the best of my life...I was so freaking high, I was flying high for 8 hours and watched several movies, the euphoria was divine, the colors all neon and glowing, shimmering of everything beyond belief...I was in heaven...so very powerful and healing. Music was out of this world and all the actresses on TV glimmered and glowed like infinitely beautiful colorful cartoon versions of themselves...

Notice after sitting in fridge a few days, the nauseating to the intestines particles will all fall to the bottom, simply decant and only drink what is above the 1/4" layer of particles....I guarantee ZERO NAUSEA...the drink is very bitter but that's all...always heat up on pot before drinking. My stomach is always very happy...it takes me about 20 minutes to drink all 6oz, I sip it slowly.

In my opinion, this is the best psychedelic of all, lasts 8 hours strong, music is out of this world, euphoria, neon colors, infinite beauty enhancement, divine healing, can enjoy outside, list goes on and on, and you can sip it down slowly over 20 minutes, no nausea. I've been drinking mescaline for countless years, goes way back to thenook.org (used to be the mescaline king forum).

Nobody gives the experience description better than DM Turner imho and Aldous Huxley:

DM Turner said:
THE HIGH:
The mescaline experience is my favorite of the traditional psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline). I find it has the advantages of acid: a lucid, penetrating, focused ability of the mind, rather than the more dreamy, drifting state I get from mushrooms. However, I feel totally relaxed with mescaline, even calmer than I feel on mushrooms, and there's no trace of the metallic edge usually felt on acid.

Eating whole cactus produces a more body-oriented high than pure mescaline. San Pedro usually produces a very smooth, flowing experience. However, the effects of Peyote are quite different due to its unique mixture of alkaloids. With Peyote, the first couple hours of the experience are very dream-like, drifting, almost a delirium type state. During this time I feel groggy and sleepy and can do little more than lay back and sink into the feeling, which is not unpleasant. Some element of Peyote also acts as an emetic, making most people nauseous about two hours into the trip.

I find the mescaline experience to be more visual than mushrooms or acid. However, I've only experienced really spectacular visuals when using synthetic mescaline. My high tolerance to most psychedelics, along with the capacity of my stomach, has prevented me from ever being as high as I would have liked when eating whole cactus. Like psilocybin, mescaline tends to link me with collective evolutionary consciousness more than synthetics like LSD. The experiences produced by these natural psychedelics seem more "significant" than an acid high, which is more analytical. An acid high often seems to be a by-product of magnifying the mind, whereas with mushrooms and cactus one feels they are in touch with something ancient, spiritual, and personal. Mescaline has a unique signature in this context which I find most magical, a feeling that the Gods or protective allies are smiling down on me. The duration can be 6 to 14 hours depending on the amount consumed. The "coming back" portion of a mescaline trip is smoother than with the other traditional psychedelics. And I've never felt the "drained of energy" or "neural overload" feeling that can come after an intense acid trip. This allows for a more conscious and therapeutic return to regular consciousness, after which I can easily sink into sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

Some aspects of the mescaline high are quite distinct from LSD or mushrooms. The visions produced by mescaline have a different character and structure. When being overtaken by a full strength mescaline trip, I've felt more than with any traditional psychedelic that I was an extraterrestrial being, immersing myself in new sensory phenomena for the first time. Where LSD or psilocybin heighten and clarify the sense of hearing, mescaline produces auditory hallucinations, heightening the hearing sense but also causing sounds to be quite different than normal. Mescaline also sharpens the olfactory sense to a much finer degree than LSD or psilocybin. I've particularly noted this in my ability to perceive the smells of numerous different plants when using synthetic mescaline outdoors. As for aphrodisiacal use of mescaline, wow!, it brought energies out of me that I never knew I had.

At the conclusion of this chapter is one of my favorite descriptions of a psychedelic experience. It illustrates the depth and spiritual significance that a mescaline experience can produce. This is a description of a Peyote experience which Bernard Roseman undertook with members of the Native American Church in the late l950s. It was published in The Peyote Story, Wilshire Book Company, 1963.

D M Turner

Last edited:
Question answered on details of prep:

12" long cacti x 2.5 to 2.75" wide = around 300mg mescaline, so 1.5 of these is around 450 to 500 mg mescaline. 300mg mescaline is equiv to around 1 hit of 100ug LSD.

1. Sit cacti up on a cutting board, and use a knife to cut 4 long slices from top to bottom from around the core, discard the inner core.
2. With these 4 long slices, cut them up into 1 to 2" individual fresh chunks
3. Once you have a multitude of fresh chucks, then use your fingernails to remove the see thru like waxy skin from off each chunk, don't worry if you don't get it all off, no big deal.
4. Throw all the chunks in a pot full of boiling water
5. Boil for 1 hour
6. Strain the chucks and liquid thru a spaghetti strainer, mash all the chucks with a large spoon to make sure you get all the liquid out
7. Boil down the resulting liquid to 150g per oz, example if you have 2,000 grams of fresh chunks (what I always prep with), then boil liquid down to 13 ounces, this leaves you with 150g per ounce.
8. Split the resulting liquid into two 1/2 pint jars, each 1/2 pint jar holds 6.5 ounces
9. Let jars sit in fridge for 2 days, during that time ALL OF THE GREEN NAUSEA CAUSING PARTICLES will fall to very bottom of jar (around 1/4"), simply decant and drink only what is above the particles for ZERO NAUSEA. The liquid will be very bitter, so slip slowly over 20 minutes to 1/2 hour.
9. Drink an entire jar (6oz x 150g = 900g chunks divided by two gives you around 450mg to 500mg mescaline, you will trip hard for 8 plus hours, favorite psychedelic of all time.
10. Always heat jar contents up in a pot to warm before you drink, always drink warm to hot, just like you would coffee.
11. Freeze any extra cacti tea jars, they will keep forever.

Tip: you can find 1/2 pint jars at *almar*

Don't have much cactus? you can still trip hard with this cheap combo...follow directions below:

https://mycotopia.net/topic/111610-hpbcd-dmt-sublingually-active-under-tongue/ [From post #7]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 4: Tetrahydroharmine receptorome similarities to mescaline; potentiates cactus & safety note
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little off topic, but I think tetrahydroharmine is a pretty special compound. I've used 250mg of it to potentiate cactus to very strong levels, it makes a 12" medium san pedro cactus tea which may contain around 250mg mescaline feel like an X-large 12" thick san pedro cactus containing around 400mg mescaline. It makes a 12" thick bridgesii cactus feel closer to a tea made with a 12" bridgesii cactus along with an extra 6" piece.

In the data I've seen for THH, it strongly blocks serotonin just like cactus, but also agonizes the adrenal A2A thru A2C receptors (the receptors associated with aesthetics & beauty), just like mescaline has been shown to do receptorome wise, explaining perhaps why they "overlap" so well. THH being able to make mescaline in cactus feel much stronger than it really is. Anyone who has ever taken cactus or high dose THH knows the appreciation for beauty experienced is "over the top".

But you have to stagger the THH from the cactus by taking the tetrahydroharmine around an hour after the cactus is taken, that way any minor maoi's or rima's in the cactus won't interact with the SRI which is THH, which can result in a faster heartbeat for a few hours which has happened to me before...so long as you take it later, it potentiates the cactus quite incredibly...it feels like I've taken 400mg of mescaline containing cactus tea when it's really only 250mg mescaline containing cactus, and they both lasts around 6 hours with super strong activity, so they wind down at around the same time. I have around 7 months experience combining the two, giving myself around 2 weeks apart from journeys.

It works so well, I won't take cactus any other way from now on. I get much more mileage from cactus this way. Visuals and visions are insane, music is so good sounding, you would think you were an alien experiencing sound and music for the very first time, every instrument stands out on it's own, like hearing a track for the very first time.

Always take the san pedro, bridgesii or torch cactus first (they all contain trace maoi like actives)...then take the THH one hour later, in that order, then the journey is pure bliss and no negative interactions. Beautiful combo beyond belief, just like the combo of THH + LSD or THH + mushrooms.

Update 9.13.23: I rarely go over 100mg of added pure THH, it's plenty enough!

Cactus tea is only for the bravest of souls, your face will contort and twist after every nasty bitter taste, my wife repeatedly asks me while I'm drinking it "are you ok?" 👅

Last edited:
Who are all the people you're quoting?

I meant the quotes by 'Subeasy' and 'Creonantigone' etc. Who are they? I guess I'm just confused by you answering messages here that seem to have been posted elsewhere.

There were only 3 times in my life when I got nauseated from cactus tea and puked it up.

1. The first time was when I drank it cold, never do this, always keep it hot.

2. The 2nd time was when I prepared a tea with a large amount of cactus and drank it around 1 hour after consuming a 70 gram cold protein shake, as a bodybuilder, I lift around twice a week. The tea did not like the cold shake in my gut, and I puked it up. I still tripped however as somehow I got enough in me within the half hour before I puked.

3. The 3rd time was this recent new years eve, I drank an insane amount of cactus prepared into a 6oz tea, but I used about double the amount of cactus I normally used as it was from a large amount of smaller pieces, which were still very potent. It was 1/2 hour before I puked, but again, somehow I managed to get enough into my system before I puked, and it felt like I tripped on around 500mg of mescaline for the entire night, it still kicked ass. If at any time you drink way too much, it's as if the body knows there are too many alkaloids in the system, and will make you puke. I probably drank around the equivalent of 1,000mg mescaline, which is way too much, but my body told me this was way too much.

Follow my procedure, and the fridge does all the work filtering..it's incredibly simple and easy to do. I've drank cactus tea at least 200 times in my lifetime. I used to extract mescaline long time ago, it's arduous, and takes up time that could be spent doing other things, it's very un-necessary imho.

Before I drink it and go to the waterpark, I'm at home at least a good hour before, so it all dissolves in my system, always make sure I'm good to go, we have no kids and wife drives, it's just down the road. It's some of the most fun I've every had in my life along with drinking before the beach. All of the waterpark or beach is a fairy tale land, welcome to being a kid again.

Edited to add: Once in my life I consumed around the equivalent of 800mg plus of mescaline in a tea, I still did not get sick but it's nothing you really want to experience....all of my visual field with open eyes was full of visuals. It was like walking thru a curtain of visuals at every step, there was no escape. Even though my visual field was consumed with neon visuals, I was still able to sit down and lost none of my sanity or composure like can happen with LSD. I was still able to communicate fully and enjoy the experience even though it frightened the crap out of me, ego loss was insane.

Last edited:
Freedom said:
Quote:

I get nausea even from recrystalized mescaline from cacuts, lsd, 2c-b etc

I just don't worry about it although I wish I knew how to get Ondansetron (crazy I can get fentanyl and coke on my block but no freaking Ondansetron lol)

When I used to extract mescaline when I was a member of the king mescaline forum (thenook.org, no extinct) I used to divide 500mg into 5 x 100mg capsules, and take 1 capsule every 15 minutes, this helped so much to reduce nausea to zero, this way the stomach has a chance to easily handle the strong dose.

Summer is coming up, and I will once again be drinking my zero nausea bridgesii tea (equivalent to around 450mg mescaline) before going to waterpark. We live down the road from one of the world's largest water parks, so I drink my tea and simply walk down the road and spend the morning and early afternoon tripping and swimming, absolutely love it, one of the most favorite things in world for me to do...great escape from work as chemist for a major corporation, where solve problems all day and work close to 10 hour days sometimes, it's like an air conditioned ant hill
:laugh:

When drinking the zero nausea tea, I also suggest sipping on it slowly over a 1/2 hour period, this way the stomach can adjust slowly, once I've fully absorbed it around 1 hour later, I'm off to go swimming, all of nature is just incredible, no words to describe, like being in Heaven all day, a little kid again, all is anew.

I do believe some people are particularly prone to nausea from mescaline, even in purified form. I don't seem to be one of them!

I have gotten nausea from mescaline exactly once, and that was the first time I'd taken a solid dose, which I believe was equivalent to around 375 mg mescaline sulfate. It was taken in two parts, 30 minutes apart. After the nausea peaked and started to fade, I also felt lethargic and had flu-like symptoms. Later still, considerable emotional turmoil. This turmoil peaked at around 3 hours, and then my mood began to lift, and by 4 hours, all the negative symptoms had cleared and I felt incredibly energetic and euphoric. This is when the trip actually peaked. Ever since then, including on a ~600 mg sulfate equivalent dose (in two parts taken 20 minutes apart), I have not experienced nausea or flu-like effects, so I guess I just needed to acclimate to the mescaline or heal something in that first trip in order to feel better.

Another thing that could help those prone to nausea with pure or extracted mescaline is to try consuming as a tea instead, particularly from a pachnoi or peruvianus cactus. Most of my mescaline experiences had been with the some T. terschekki material I acquired that proved quite potent, but I recently started experimenting with some peruvianus and was surprised to observe stark differences in effects. I hypothesize that the differences are not due to differences in alkaloid composition but rather to mucilage content. That because one of the major differences I've observed after two trials is that the peruvianus has a very different time course than the terschekii does.

My terschekki experiences always alert between 20 and 30 minutes after the first half dose with physical effects setting in quite rapidly and peaking at around 2 hours after the first half dose. The experience develops further to an introspective/mental peak at around three hours after first half dose, which further developed into a euphoric+visual peak at around four hours. With the peruvianus, I noticed that the onset was much slower and I didn't peak until 6 or 7 hours after I started. My hypothesis is that the mucilage in cacti acts as a time-release mechanism for mescaline because the body (and/or the body's microbes!) must liberate the mescaline from the mucilage before it can be absorbed. This doesn't just alter the time course but also substantially alters the qualitative effects, leading to a less dark, less pushy, and more relaxed experience. I suspect that the apparent strength of the bridgesii trip may also be due to a lack of mucilage, which allows the mescaline to be absorbed by the body more rapidly. My terschekii teas have had not had any noticeable mucilage in contrast to the peruvianus tea I made.

So for those who have trouble with pure mescaline or bridgesii, a well-prepared but "slimy" preuvianus tea that can prolong the period of mescaline absorption may help a lot, but of course the effect won't be quite the same.

My last trip was with the peruvianus material, and I definitely felt like the come-up was a lot easier going than a terschekii dose of similar peak intensity. I also felt like the after-effects were smoother too. As a general purpose medicine, this peruvianus type experience is probably better. It delivers more area-under-the-curve than peak intensity as compared. For more intensive psychedelic work however, the terschekii type experience is probably superior. I found the peruvianus experience to be lacking in certain aspects, but it offers advantages too.

Soon, I will trial some pachnoi and perhaps it will fall in between the terschekii and peruvianus, assuming it has some mucilage but not as much as the peruvianus. FWIW, I have not encountered any bridegesii myself, but I have seen it reported that they are low mucilage, and if this is so and my hypothesis above is correct, then my terschekii may be a lot like a typical bridegesii and not so much like a pachnoi or peruvianus. That would be great because I don't know where to find more terschekii that is very potent like what I have, and it apparently grows rather slowly.

Dude this is a fucking SICK idea. Waterpark tripping on mescaline. Why didn't I think of this. Feel like I've been missing out my whole life just thinking about it. I can handle my psychedelics really well, totally comfortable in foreign and busy environments. This would be so fun. Count me in haha.

I can see mescaline being perfect for this too. Ive done it a fair few times. You are right it's made to use outdoors. Being in the sun on mescaline is amazing. I don't think I've ever even swam or got wet like that on psyches. Bet the water feels amazing.

Oh yeah! I'm not sure I'd want to dose that high though.

One great thing about mescaline that it's not difficult to get to a good "museum" level and then stay there for hours. My first two trips, before I found the terschekii, were quite weak, but I had great days anyway by riding the bus to interesting places. Some day I'll probably try going to the zoo on mescaline.

I had quit psychedelics for 11 years until last autumn when I started taking them again. I was very pleasantly surprised to experience profound and long-lasting relief from my long COVID and chronic inflammation symptoms. So now I have to trip every few weeks for my health. :) This year, I've had more cactus tea than anything else, and I think it's working the best so far. I'm definitely going to take other psychedelics too, but I'm guessing that cactus tea will be my go-to for many years. I joke that it's my gummiberry juice. I feel like it reverse ages me almost.