Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Caapi extract

theghostofbillhicks

Bluelighter
Howdy,

Just ordered the above item, has anyone used it successfully?

Certainly would save much time and effort in avoiding the 12 hr caapi brew. Obviously, I will be having to brew my own mimosa. Any thoughts?

In my experience, I have had more hit and miss experiences with Caapi. When I do manage to get it to work, it is preferable to Rue from a physical and phenomenal point of view. However I have found that Rue is usually a more succesful MAOI than Caapi, even though it usually causes some stomach discomfort and the occasional howffing session. Commercial Caapi extracts seem to often not be as potent as they claim.

^^ Also with his erowid trip report on it: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=95087

Here is someone who successfully used 50 mg (it seems), but not really any info: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-535132.html

No thoughts from me really, other than that you might want to add a little extra to your dose to be sure of proper DMT activation?

There is info to be found from search engines using nothing but your thread title. :)

Tried it but felt so sick from it that I didn't fancy dropping the DMT on top of it so I could spew my guts up even more.

I always stick to moclobemide and extracted DMT. A little essence of lemon oil seems to deactivate most of your nausea receptors.

Drinking the raw caapi and leaves in a drink is like drinking soggy forest rot.

If you are going to do the vinegar/lye A/B to extract the alks you are still going to need to boil for at least 6 hours, and likely simmer even longer to get your pulls to a manageable amount. A caapi extraction can take well over a week.

EDIT: I reread the post. What kind of "caapi extract" did you buy? This can mean many, many, different things.

Drinking the raw caapi and leaves in a drink is like drinking soggy forest rot.

Leaves have a much lower alk content than the vine, and making a tea of them seems rather vile not to mention ineffective. Leaves are generally reserved for changa for a reason. The leaves also contains tanins that the vine does not.

It's the cielo vine extract. 4g resin = 100g of vine. It looks like a big lump of hash! Will report back after mimosa brewed (sadly no extract for that)...

I just tasted some. Exactly like strong coffee, much MUCH more enjoyable than my brews. Hoping it's real not just Nescafé paste! Hahah...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye gods, I thought it tasted like strong coffee strained through a tramps underpants!

^ but did it work for you? I'm trying another mimosa caapi extract brew tomorrow but don't want to keep trying if the caapi isn't MAOI inhibiting me.

I never got to the stage where I took enough to activate DMT - just a small dose would make me ill. 300mg of moclobemide is guaranteed to work, no nausea and probably works out cheaper too.

NO to moclobemide!

I never got to the stage where I took enough to activate DMT - just a small dose would make me ill. 300mg of moclobemide is guaranteed to work, no nausea and probably works out cheaper too.

Yikes! What a god-awful substance--moclobemide. Yes it "activates" DMT but you are left with nothing... it has no divine essence. It's the difference between changa and vaping DMT. Also note that moclobemide at 300mg is super powerful so you should use way less mimosa than you are used to, IME.

Steady on moyshek. The advantage moclobemide has is that it doesn't by itself cause nausea so when you get over the nausea caused by the DMT hitting your system you arn't curled up in a ball feeling like shit, you're up dancing like you're on the best MDMA in history.

This kind of boggles me, I would like to know how they extract the wanted alkaloids. Using alcohol based extraction methods would go against traditional use and preparation, I used to be into trying AYA tinctures until I learned alcohol doesn't belong with these plant species. I am guessing the vendor used an Isopropyl full spectrum alkaloid extract. Sure it will probably still work, however I am one of the busiest mofiggidys on the planet and I still enjoy my 12 hour brew, I take this time to relax and slow my body down for one amazing experience.

This kind of boggles me, I would like to know how they extract the wanted alkaloids. Using alcohol based extraction methods would go against traditional use and preparation, I used to be into trying AYA tinctures until I learned alcohol doesn't belong with these plant species. I am guessing the vendor used an Isopropyl full spectrum alkaloid extract. Sure it will probably still work, however I am one of the busiest mofiggidys on the planet and I still enjoy my 12 hour brew, I take this time to relax and slow my body down for one amazing experience.

Steady on moyshek. The advantage moclobemide has is that it doesn't by itself cause nausea so when you get over the nausea caused by the DMT hitting your system you arn't curled up in a ball feeling like shit, you're up dancing like you're on the best MDMA in history.

Everyone has there own opinions... personally I could not handle that, I never leave my chair on an AYA adventure, usually because I am completely blasted off and do not physically know where I am... Ill throw up all over but not leave my chair. Just how I roll doesn't sound fun but WOW!!!

My favorite 12 hour brew is 80g Cielo Cappi + 15g AC Simplicifolia + 10 grams Chaliponga.

"Various alkaloid profiles in decoctions of Banisteriopsis caapi"

Callaway, James C. (June 2005)

hxxp://catbull.com/alamut/Bibliothek/various%20alkaloid%20profiles%20in%20aya%20decocti on.pdf

To view the study, view tetrahydroharmine in wikipedia, and scroll down to Reference #1:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydroharmine

In the study above (view Ref #1 under tetrahydroharmine, then see page 2 of the study) notice how some samples had more THH (tetrahydroharmine) than harmine, others more harmine than THH. To avoid nausea and purging, swim has seen "pure alkaloid caapi extracts", they are out there if you google them.

The Siona make a distinction among the following culivated forms: wai yahe (flesh yahe, with green leaves), ya wi yahe (pekari yahe, with yellow-striped leaves), naso anya yahe (monkey snake yahe), naso yahe (monkey yahe, with striped leaves), yahe repa (proper yahe), tara yahe (bone yahe, with knotty stems), airo yahe (forest yahe), bi a yahe (bird yahe, with small leaves), sia sewi yahe (egg sewi yahe, with yellowish leaves), sese yahe (white-lipped peccary yahe), weki yahe (tapir yahe, of large size), yai yahe (jaguar yahe), nea yahe (black yahe, with dark stems), horo yahe (flower yahe), and sise yahe.

Last edited:
That's a good link Tacodude, I've read it before. Thanks for linking to it. The 'pure alkaloid caapi extract' that swim saw was approximately 280mg which lab results apparently verified as having 140mg harmine, 130mg tetrahydroharmine, and 10mg harmaline. From what I've read, a sample can be analyzed by a lab for a couple hundred dollars.

Last edited:
correction: "the pure alkaloid caapi extract" (google the words) was 295mg and not 280mg. If I remember correctly, it was 150mg harmine, 135mg tetrahydroharmine, and 10mg harmaline. Remarkable anti-depressant properties from what I remember when used once every 2 weeks, just like the members of UDV and Santo Daime churches who use caapi bi-weekly.