• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Bye bye opiates

Sounds like it is an opioid, just one which doesn't cause respiratory depression. (Similar in that respect to the main alkaloid in kratom, IIRC)

As far as an opioid which people won't abuse...well, I'll believe that when I see it. If there's one thing I've learned from visiting Bluelight, it's that people will abuse just about anything that's even remotely psychoactive

AFAIK b-arrestin is involved in receptor internalisation, so I don't know how they connected that with respiratory depression.

AFAIK b-arrestin is involved in receptor internalisation, so I don't know how they connected that with respiratory depression.

Arrestins are also involved in signal transduction. Obviously other studies have shown that respiratory depression is linked to arrestin binding to MOR.

Sounds like it is an opioid, just one which doesn't cause respiratory depression. (Similar in that respect to the main alkaloid in kratom, IIRC)

As far as an opioid which people won't abuse...well, I'll believe that when I see it. If there's one thing I've learned from visiting Bluelight, it's that people will abuse just about anything that's even remotely psychoactive

I think it Wil be something like loperamide except it will work for pain and not loose stool. I think that would be miles ahead of oxycodonewith naloxone