• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Buying Salvia for the firs time please help ?

Helpmeplease1001

Greenlighter
Hey guys let me first off start by apologizing if I didn't post this in the right the place, I spent a few hours looking but nowhere could I find an answer to my specific question. I'm looking to buy some Salvia I've gone to a few smoke shops locally and I've looked online and I've seen some really good prices for 1oz+ of dry leaves, and basically I just wanted to know if I'd be better of buying 1oz-1/4lb of dry leaves then like 10 grams of 5X extracted for the same price? A little background about me I'm 6'0 ft about 150lb I've tried my fair share of psychedelics but I have never tried salvia before. I plant to roll it in a blunt with some weed, and crush some up and either pack it in a bowl, or vaporizer it, any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Well it depends on what you want from salvia.
Some people do it for the intense out-of-body high they can achieve with extracts, otherwise like the dreamy state that dry leaves can put you in.
An interesting thing to remember with salvia is that it has a reverse tolerance, in which the same dosage will tend to get you progressively more high the more you use the drug.
Also with dry leaves it's quite easy to put 5 grams or so in your mouth and do it sublingually.
If you do go the sublingual route though remember to rehydrate the leaves otherwise it's gonna be pretty damn hard to keep the quid in your mouth

Thank you for your reply holy toast, honestly I hadn't thought about what kind of experience I was looking to get out of it exactly. I knew I wasn't going to get an intense overwhelming feeling like that of a 35X+ extract. But I definitely wanted to to feel that strong euphoric out of body feeling. I didn't know about salvia and the body's tolerance to it so that was some very insightful information. I was planning to buy from a sight called arenaethnobotanicals.com, ever heard of them? They have 1oz dry leaves for *snip* or 1/4lb for about *snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
we can't do any sourcing here so might want to edit that out. :)

5x or 10x would be a good place to start. plain leaves are pretty weak IME. The 5x/10x is a little more practical.

Many people find it to be a bit uncomfortable. It has a following but a lot of people don't care for it. I thought it was ok nothing Id want to ever do again. I wouldn't stockpile a bunch of it. The 50x and so on are a little ridiculous but will get you really high. Probably not HR to recommend those.

I suggest reading this:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=17079

30mg of 10x last night absolutely blew my mind. I now know what it feels like to be some kind of weird Alex Grey painting. Trip report to follow.

I really suggest starting with 5x, and dosing low. 60mg of 5x should produce effects like I experienced last night. A similar experience caused somewhat of an existential crisis for me a few years back. So this really isn't recommended; start low.

Don't make a joint. Use a pipe, a bucket/gravity bong, or a normal bong.

Make sure your lighter has got a good flame and torch it good. Inhale it in one hit then hold it in for as long as you can, or 10-20 seconds.

And make sure you have a friend to look after you. Do not approach this psychedelic as a joke, or it will seriously take the piss out of you.

It's serious stuff, and the reprimands can cause severe trauma.