• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buvidal Testimonials

Arithon01

Greenlighter
Hello!

Starting Buvidal this week. There's no info here that I can see, which is strange, but I'mprobably looking in the wrong spot.
I've read the literature but want testimonials from real people. Found some on a Subox forum but not much.
Anyone got experience? I'll post mine when I can.

Gaz

Well, I understand that Buvidal will be great for some, but it's not for me.
Before starting Buvidal I thought the peaks and troughs of s/l bupe in my blood stream was a problem. But having a constant level being delivered 24/7 was too much for me. I was drowsy, my perception was off, I had insomnia, I even had a panic attack (probably due to insomnia). And then the come down, I felt slightly more dope sick from day 4 until day 6 where I was in full blown withdrawal and had to get back on the Suboxone, with much relief. While on Buvidal I did not feel like myself, I went into acute depression, and just felt awful.
I hope others have better experiences.

What sort of dose were you given, and what sort of dose of bupe where you taking prior to the switch? Buvidal is given in four strengths ranging from 8mg to 32mg, which is quite a wide variation.

I think it would be convenient for people who tolerate buprenorphine well but have problems with dose adherence or other things (use in correctional institutions, diversion of oral doses for sale, use via non-oral/SL routes causing problems). But it does appear that all the shot really is, is a hefty dose of buprenorphine - it's not bound to a fat molecule and slowly released (as is common in depot birth control/antipsychotics) but is instead reliant on the fact that too much of a partial agonist is not really much different than just enough. The fact that it can be given either once per week or once per month (at 4x the dose) is more evidence of that, a true extended release will only work for a defined amount of time. And the prescribing information seems to show it's just buprenorphine and a few stabilisers in water!

Have you looked into Sublocade? That uses a biodegradable polymer to bind the buprenorphine and is once-a-month so should be expected to provide a more measured release. There is also Probuphine, a matchstick sized polymer implant that releases buprenorphine gradually over an even longer span.

If daily sublingual Subutex works though, stick with it. Don't fix what isn't broken.

I am starting my first does of Buvidal via injection next week and I am very nervous I am strongly addicted to opioids and need to get off them, as they destroying my life..

My doctor advised me I have to be clean for 24 hours prior to the injection, because it will cause huge withdrawals...

I have this dirty little secret that no body knows about and its going to kill me, if I don't do something about it!

Does this medication work?