View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Butylated tryptamines: DBT, DSBT, MBT

hamhurricane

Bluelighter
i know the Shulgin line to the effect that butyl is futile, but DBT is active and i was interested to read on wikipedia that it has appeared on the market (not BL though:p ) "Shulgin speculates that the s-butyl isomer DSBT may be more potent than the straight chain compound DBT" some of the other isomers are quite interesting looking, also i can imagine the ring substitutions will knock the potency up into a more agreeable dosage range. anyone worked with these or have the desire?=D

Should I knock this over to ADD? For now I'll keep it here and see how it does. I'm not familiar with butylated tryptamines 8o but yeah... interesting. :)

^^^
its an added link on the alkyl chain so to speak, one more than propyl. but after propyl the potency stops increasing and starts to slide back towards inactivity with pentyl being inactive every which way its arranged, i believe...

I'd be inclined to trust Shulgin's instinct that the sec-butyl isomer is likely to be the best of the bunch, so perhaps something like 5-MeO-DSBT could be a good one to try...or perhaps the N-methyl-N-sec-butyl compounds seeing as MiPT and friends are quite nice.

I put my money on n,n-DSBT or 4-ho-DSBT, considering i have never met a 5-meo i liked.

what about mono butylated ones? SBT. I know typically N-monoalkyl-Ts are not active, even with MAOI they're not active at any reasonable dose. But being that butyl is so bulky, could BuTryptamine be possible?

hamhurricane said:
I put my money on n,n-DSBT or 4-ho-DSBT, considering i have never met a 5-meo i liked.

Seriously. Why bother with 5-meo-anything?