• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Butrans pain relief with Oxycodone recreational

returntolife

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I'll try to be brief as my PM has changed.

I just got prescribed butrans 20 mcg/hr.

They seem to work just like oxys, so I get the side effects/benefits without the high.
1st question: does the side effects go away and if so how quick?
I am still on the day one and find them to relieve my pain quite well, but feel the same side effects as with oxys.
That being restlessness, tension, tight jaw and so on. Pain levels are reduced quite significantly.

I do like to do some recreational oxys with some weed and a little wine, but not to the point where I
get dependant. I did cold turkey with the support of this forum a while back and still has no withdrawals
after I prescribed oxys as my pain levels where just to unbearable.

So, I get 180 of 10mg oxys, I would take them all in 14 days and then be without anything for 14 days.
Now it looks like I will get 90 oxys 10mg and the butrans patches.

any input on say go down to 5 or 10 mcg butrans and use them while I am off the oxys
to stay pain free, and do my oxys say 10 days of recreational.....?

I would alternate and hopefully stay fairly pain free and still get to have a little recreational too.

Sounds like a doable plan for me, but perhaps I am being naive?

How long time for the Butrans to be out of my system so that its agonistic
properties doest ruin the oxy high.

thanks for any input.

I hope I posted in the correct forum?
If not please move me :)

I love Blue Light!!!

oh, and just to be clear, I am aware that in order to get enough oxys to do recreational I would
need to say to the dr that the 20 mcg/hr isnt quite enough, or that the side effects is too much
but to lower my dose and pair with oxys for breakthrough pain.

Just follow your script instructions. It should be exactly enough for the refill period. Last thing you need is to run out and WD again.

Refresh my memory - the Butrans patches are Buprenorphine?

If they are then you are lucky to be getting such good pain relief from them, this says to me that your tolerance is respectfully low, well done! However, I think your recreational/fuckyeahwhocaresaboutpain oxy binges will render the bupe or Butrans patches useless a lot sooner than you would like, I know cos I'm a lot further down the opioid/opiate road than yourself which sux for me but good for you because you can use me as an example of what not to do when it comes to pain management and opioids.

The cold hard truth is, that eventually you will become tolerant to the patches.....and the oxy no doubt, opioids and opiates are a bastard when it comes to tolerance and those of us with chronic pain are using daily, same dose, same times of the day - day in and day out......the relief will stop but you will need to keep taking your medicine.....there are limits to what Dr's will prescribe as far as raising your dosage and believe it or not there are limits or I should say there's an absolute limit to opoids, you may not believe it but there are some of us around here that can take half a gram, that's 500mgs of instant release oxycodone and not even feel it......but if they don't take it their fucked and in horrendous WD as I'm sure you can understand. It's a scary prospect especially when you can take for example 30-40mgs on the weekend and you are buzzed off your tits!

I remember those days and while I'm taking a break on suboxone, it's likely that I will be returning to full agonist opioids.

Maybe have to wait two to three days before your oxy will have full effect and not blocked by bupe but others may chime in with different views and better news. I wish you all the best, check out the current and previous 'Pain management' thread on this forum. Take care.

luckily the bupe dosage is very very miniscual but im afraid you'll have to take a larger dose of oxy for those recreational times that you desire to cut through the bupe. unless i misread something and you won't be using the bupe until after you went thru your oxy script completely. I was on the butrans 20mcg/hr and it did fuck all for my pain but to each their own. good luck

I was on the 10mcg/hour Butrans a while ago for pain. It wasn't the best but it did mildly reduce pain and keep me happy and wd free, buprenorphine will just quite hit the spot if you're used to full agonists.

I tried to rationalize the same way and I ended up having +250mg day oxy habit which gave me a hell of a withdrawals when I finally cold turkeyd. I don't know anyone who had used their pain medicines recreationally and succeeded without getting hell of an addiction.