• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Butalbital/fioricet dosage

sallycantdance

Greenlighter
SWIM just acquired 30 Fioricets with 50mg butalbital. How many tablets would be good for a recreational dose? SWIM takes 6mg clonazepam a day, not sure if there's a cross tolerance but SWIM thought they'd mention that. SWIM is aware the dangers of barbs and also the acetaminophen content of Fioricet, so they're curious what's safest but what would also put them in a nice place.

These pills aren't very recreational and I would not recommend taking them if you are already on benzos.

They build up in your system and last a long time. You will wake up with a killer hangover if you take more than 2.

My wife has been prescribed these for years consistently for migraine treatment. Every so often I'll throw 1 - 3 capsules into my evening dose of opioids and benzodiazepines; I know my tolerance and do not suggest others consume this combination of substances.
There is absolutely a cross tolerance between benzodiazepines and barbiturates. They are also highly synergistic and potentiate the effects of each other. The risk of respiratory depression and overdose is real.

Two things:

1. We don't use SWIM here. We know it's you :)

2. We're not here to help you achieve the best high, but to share knowledge of harm reduction. In the spirit of harm reduction I would advise you not to mix butalbital with your clonazepam. If you choose to do so I think it is imperative to convert the doses to the same common denominator (50mg butalbital is roughly equivalent to 10mg diazepam or 1mg clonazepam) and ensure that you are not exceeding your normal daily dose of benzodiazepines. Essentially the 50mg butalbital in one 50/300/65mg fiorcet/apap/caff capsule is roughly equivalent to 1mg of clonazepam

Best to save them for migraines or other pain as needed; they are a great general pain medicine. They're not very recreational as others have said. Butalbital is also rather slow to come on, subtle in its effects, and long lasting. It's not unusual to all of a sudden be "too fucked up" hours after dosing. Please be safe.

Last edited: