• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

buspirone

bomber

Bluelighter
I was cleaning some old stuff and found a box with lebilon pills. I guess these are back from the time my sister did drugs and was self madicating. Anyway I have them now and I wonder if I can use them recreationally. The active ingridient of this stuff is buspirone hci. My google research says that it's a soft anxiolytic that won't cause drawsiness and it is also a serotonin agonist.
Has anyone any expirience with something like that? Is it euphoric at all? Any dangers I should be aware of?
Thank you.

It's an antidepressant. Not really the kind of med people find euphoric. Anything that increases serotonin levels like this can be dangerous if used in high doses or mixed together, so please do not try that in an attempt to get euphoria out of this. Just don't take it.

Zero potential for abuse. You mine as well be trying to get high off aspirin. Taken for long periods of time everyday it causes a slightly greater reduction in anxiety in people vs placebo in a fraction Of the people. It's used mostly because it doesn't have the addiction potential of stronger drugs and for a few people it's good enough

^I see. Well, so what if I use it to help me stop heroin for a while. I only have mild w.d. whenever I stop heroin, including bad mood, lazyness-lack of energy and a little anxinety but nothing extreme. You think it could help?

My mother used to get buspirone and they didn't do much for me. Then again, I was not in a withdrawal situation. They might help because they are supposed to be useful for anxiety but use discretion if you decide to try them.

I doubt it im talking like a 33 percent reduction in anxiety afteŕ 6 weeks ive never even seen it used as a alone treatment. Using it for heroin withdraawl ive never done it but sounds like throwing tic tacs at a dragon

I'll second any doubts that it'll help you with your withdrawals. When I was taking it I was in a part of my life where my anxiety was very manageable without meds, and even then I didn't notice any improvement. It basically seemed like I was taking the things just for kicks and giggles after the usual negative symptom-filled first 3-6 weeks... they stopped having any effect whatsoever at that point for me.

The amount of time you have to wait for the drug to get its normal effect on you is another good reason not to use it for this. You'd have to start it well in advance, and I'm not sure how many you have available in the first place.

I'm high school buspirone was the punch line to every joke because its like so insignificant it's like you mine as well be taking nothing.

Its mainly used as a non-prn anxiety med, and it's recreational value is debatable. I've heard from most people that it has no recreational value, but I've heard from a few people it makes them feel high, although some people don't enjoy the feeling. Because of these conflicting answers, I decided to do a bit of self experimenting, but I've only gone up to 30 mg because it's hard to save up my meds (parents watch me take them). From my experience, 20 mg+ orally gets you somewhere between buzzed and high for 30-60 minutes, but there wasn't a very noticable difference between 20 and 30 mg. I've tried that about 5 times. Snorting, which I've tried about 15 times, at 10-20 mg gets you a stronger feeling for 15-30 minutes. Plugging, which I've only tried once at 10 mg, gets you less high than snorting but more than oral for about 2 hours. I've also noticed that drinking orange juice potentiater the effects, but it could be placebo. As for the dangers, I don't know any specifics, but it's a relatively safe drug, probably safer than cannabis. The high wasn't euphoric, it just felt like Benzos but weaker and cloudier and just overall shittier. Hope this info helped.

Yeah tottaly helped. I tried 10 mg orrally but didn't feel anything intresting, even combined with (very little) heroin. I should try snorting I guess. The thing is it kinda helped me with my (very mild) heroin withdrawal. It makes me kinda dizzy though.

Probably placebo by focusing on if it works and the feeling of taking something that might help can actually lessen subjective withdrawls. However, this does not address that placebo doesnt protect you from seizures

Yeah that could be the case, but Im not too sure. The thing is that Im not realy physically depentent on H, but some times when I stop after many days binging with this shit I will feel energyless and kinda vulnerable. I dealt with this for 3 days though and I was fine today, even though today was the first time I went out and it was realy cold, which makes me think I should have a hard time completing the job I had to, but I didn't. So to be clear: I didn't notice any kind of being high but I didn't find any difficulty getting out in the cold either-and the thing is that since I didn't feel anything I even forgot that I took the pill, I just remembered that when I got back home and guessed it worked.

People snort these in jail I believe , if they are what I think the give a head change but not realy worth it

They have negative abuse potential IMO. Though some doctors are using off-label to help with opiate WD, unlikely to help much but may be better than nothing. don't pop a handful hoping to get opiate wd relief either, thats not how they work. they would best used based on whats listed on the label, as an alternative to traditional opiate wd drugs.

I asked my curent doctor about this and he did not know what i meant. He looked it up in his big book of medications and could not find it :/

I thought about giving it a try, expecting something similar to trazodone.

No these are an anti anxiety drug, the larger dose looks like a Xanax bar

Really? I've never heard of anyone snorting buspirone. Doesn't seem like something that makes sense...how would you even get high at all?

Getting high on bupropion is a stretch too but at least that one acts on dopamine

I used to be prescribed said drug for my bipolar disorder. It does not have any recreational properties; it is used as an antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication, usually in conjunction with other psych meds.