• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buspar

Ryan2246

Ex-Bluelighter
How is this drug for treating anxiety? I was perscribed 10mgs 3 times a day. Anyone else ever been prescribed this or has any input on what i should expect?

How is this drug for treating anxiety? I was perscribed 10mgs 3 times a day. Anyone else ever been prescribed this or has any input on what i should expect?
Worthless. Less than worthless. Not even the placebo effect. On the plus side close to zero abuse potential. Except for throwing them at people

A safe, legal and effective alternative: 5-HTP or 5-hydroxytryptophan is a neurotransmitter precursor made by the body out of tryptophan, an essential amino acid. Your body can't make tryptophan so has to get it from foods rich in protein. 5-HTP occurs naturally in some plant species seeds. Well worth a try. Comes in 50 mg and in 100 mg capsules and tablets. I recommend the capsules because you can tell that it's working when you take it on an empty stomach. Though some people swear by the time release tablets

50 mg is plenty, with or without food, best taken in the evening an hour or two before bedtime and in the morning after you've gotten up had your coffee whatever you want your routine is, to minimize sedation

People take it for all sorts of things including depression and even weight loss because serotonin plays a role in feeling satieted, not because of any stimulant properties. For depression best taken at bedtime since it also is the precursor to melatonin.

For anxiety people take it two or three times a day. Do a comparison. Before you start taking Buspar take 5-HTP for one week three times a day ( since it can make you tired you may want to only take it twice a day).

Unlike buspirone and every other blockbuster prescription drug there's virtually no safety concerns apart from taking it with synthetic antidepressants SRIs like Zoloft but also older generation ones

There's lots of good material still available online. Skip the first few pages of Google results.