• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos BuSpar for Xanax Withdrawls

In my experience/knowledge I would say no. It will not prevent them. At the very best it my slightly ease some symptoms. Long term benzo withdrawal can be very dangerous. I would recommend a long taper with a doctor and/or rehab. Hope this helps.

Buspar/buspirone acts as an agonist at 5-HT1a and antagonizes some dopamine and norepinephrine receptors.

I e it has nothing to do with how benzodiazepines work.

I wish I had another answer for you but no, it won't do anything if your problem is benzo withdrawal.

Does buspar prevent xanax withdrawls in long term xanax users?
Hi everyone I’m new here it’s my first time reaching out to anyone about my drug problem and any help would be greatly appreciated! I take anywhere between 5-8 2mg bars a day I will take 2 bats in the afternoon around 3 and then I’ll take like 5 bars later and drink like 4 twisted teas and smoke weed and eat and been doing this for 10 years and honestly I’m sick of it and I dunno how close I’m spinning the chamber of a gun playing Russian Roulette with my life but I’m so depressed and dark thoughts enter my head where I’d rather just die( but to pussy to actually do it) does anyone have any advice on help or what I should do? Thank you 🙏 I appreciate any help in advance and I hope all the others that have Xanax problems like me start to speak up and ask for help to!

Hi everyone I’m new here it’s my first time reaching out to anyone about my drug problem and any help would be greatly appreciated! I take anywhere between 5-8 2mg bars a day I will take 2 bats in the afternoon around 3 and then I’ll take like 5 bars later and drink like 4 twisted teas and smoke weed and eat and been doing this for 10 years and honestly I’m sick of it and I dunno how close I’m spinning the chamber of a gun playing Russian Roulette with my life but I’m so depressed and dark thoughts enter my head where I’d rather just die( but to pussy to actually do it) does anyone have any advice on help or what I should do? Thank you 🙏 I appreciate any help in advance and I hope all the others that have Xanax problems like me start to speak up and ask for help too!
If this should b moved to a different section sorry please tell me I’m new