• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

'Businessman Trips'? Short duration psychedelics?

GreatArc

Greenlighter
Wondering if you could share with me some psychedelics which have the lowest durations that I could learn more about?

Looking to 'slip under the radar' and explore at home in bed when time affords me a good set & setting.

Recently tried 4-AcO-DMT and enjoyed the trip, learned a lot and was very happy that I could recover my senses feeling very well and happy in 4 short hours, even with a breakthrough dose.

What are some other psychedelics which have a short duration? Drug name and duration is enough, I will look up each one and consider their effects and side effects, safety, etc on my own. Helping me pare down a list or provide a starting point with short duration ones would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
-G.A.

Well, smoked DMT is as short as it gets pretty much and is also a great psychedelic (but maybe not for a relative beginner). A lot of the 4-XX-tryptamines are quite short, they're all only a few hours pretty much. 4-HO-MPT is even just about 2.5 to 3 hours.

Besides that, 2C-C is quite short and nice, 3-4 hours, as is 2C-D (even shorter, that one).

Ketamine, no doubt. Maybe 2CC but you could have trouble sleeping.

I think the real short ones have been mostly named: DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-HO-DMT and Salvia. These are also IMHO the most potent ones (not dosage wise).

Actually kinda interesting. Why are the pinnacle substances short lasting?
Well all except Salvia, I could only think because these are endogenous substances. Any other idea?

Of all these I would say 5-MeO-DMT is the shortest lasting. But the difference is really small and IMHO the aftereffects are certainly longer lasting with 5-MeO-DMT. (at least for me)

* 5-HO-DMT is mainly visual (I've been told, no personal experience yet)
* 5-MeO-DMT is mainly psychedelic
* DMT is visual and psychedelic
* Salvia is Salvia...;)

Last edited:
I am completely shocked that no base tryptamines besides DMT have been mentioned. MET, MPT, MiPT, MALT, EPT, and DPT are all readily available at the moment, and will likely all last an hour or less smoked, and if taken orally will likely still be at least an hour shorter than their 4-substituted counterparts. I honestly doubt that there will be any psychedelics discovered in our lifetimes that have a shorter duration than these do, while also providing as deep and full-bodied of a psychedelic experience.

Are all base tryptamines that short acting?
E.g. DPT acts quite long for me (2-3h), even vaped...
Where I'm from it's really hard to get all these base trypts, so I never had one of the others except DPT and DMT.

Well, an hour for all of them might be hyperbole, but at least some of them, and they're all going to be pretty short-acting regardless; 2-3 hours is still a pretty short trip, after all. For me, the actual MET trip is barely longer than DMT, but the afterglow is more stimulating and is what pushes it out to an hour. The vast majority of the trip with MiPT for me is over in less than an hour even orally. Haven't tried the others yet but they seem similarly short-acting from reports.... Even 4-substituted tryptamines only last around an hour for me smoked honestly.

That's too bad it's hard for you to get them, but if you like DMT and DPT I'm sure you'd enjoy them if you do ever get the chance. Most of them haven't explored much yet, but I feel that most or all of them seem to have some real potential in their own ways, based on what I've both experienced and heard from others.

Actually kinda interesting. Why are the pinnacle substances short lasting?
Well all except Salvia, I could only think because these are endogenous substances. Any other idea?

You said it actually. DMT, Bufotenin, and 5-MeO-DMT are all compounds which are present in the human body as a natural product of tryptophan metabolism, and so there are well-developed enzymatic pathways to destroy these substances, likely because human ancestors which did not possess the enzymes to destroy these substances rapidly did not live long enough lives to successfully reproduce, while the human ancestors which had the enzymes and were able to always clearly perceive their surroundings were able to live long enough to reproduce.

As for salvia, I do not know why it lasts for such a short time.

Salvia lasts for a really short amount of time because its metabolism involves deacetylation, which the body can generally do pretty easily. It's basically like how heroin rapidly breaks down into morphine, 4-AcO-DMT is believed to break down into psilocin, and etc., except if the heroin and 4-AcO-DMT had all the effects whereas the morphine and psilocin were inactive, making the effects incredibly short-lived.

I believe they just made a new salvinorin A analogue that has that same sort of structure but is insensitive to that rapid metabolism since it doesn't use an acetyl group specifically, I read something about that not too long ago. I'd love to see those things hit the research chemical scene....

MET, MPT, MiPT, MALT, EPT, and DPT are all readily available at the moment, and will likely all last an hour or less smoked, and if taken orally will likely still be at least an hour shorter than their 4-substituted counterparts. I honestly doubt that there will be any psychedelics discovered in our lifetimes that have a shorter duration than these do, while also providing as deep and full-bodied of a psychedelic experience.

Do you have any preferences among these base tryptamines Kaleida? It seems like you've sampled the tryptamines pretty widely :)

Salvia lasts for a really short amount of time because its metabolism involves deacetylation, which the body can generally do pretty easily. It's basically like how heroin rapidly breaks down into morphine, 4-AcO-DMT is believed to break down into psilocin, and etc., except if the heroin and 4-AcO-DMT had all the effects whereas the morphine and psilocin were inactive, making the effects incredibly short-lived.

I believe they just made a new salvinorin A analogue that has that same sort of structure but is insensitive to that rapid metabolism since it doesn't use an acetyl group specifically, I read something about that not too long ago. I'd love to see those things hit the research chemical scene....

Long-lasting salvia? Sounds like... a probable nightmare.

"Salvinorin B methoxymethyl ether". Claimed to be approximately 5 times the duration and potency of salvinorin A.

Wondering if you could share with me some psychedelics which have the lowest durations that I could learn more about?

Looking to 'slip under the radar' and explore at home in bed when time affords me a good set & setting.

Recently tried 4-AcO-DMT and enjoyed the trip, learned a lot and was very happy that I could recover my senses feeling very well and happy in 4 short hours, even with a breakthrough dose.

What are some other psychedelics which have a short duration? Drug name and duration is enough, I will look up each one and consider their effects and side effects, safety, etc on my own. Helping me pare down a list or provide a starting point with short duration ones would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
-G.A.

I didn't know it was possible to break through on 4-ACO-DMT. How much did you take to break through and what ROA did you use?

I didn't know it was possible to break through on 4-ACO-DMT. How much did you take to break through and what ROA did you use?

56mg orally. Google "4-AcO-DMT breakthrough" and there are considerable trip reports available.

I actually just finished up a 62mg dose and posted a trip report that I felt a lot of reservations about putting up because it doesn't exactly make me look good, in fact, pretty embarrassing. If interested, you'll find it in the general Psychedelics forum or Trip Reports if its been moved.

Something like "4-AcO-DMT 62mg Bad Trip Report."

56mg orally. Google "4-AcO-DMT breakthrough" and there are considerable trip reports available.

I actually just finished up a 62mg dose and posted a trip report that I felt a lot of reservations about putting up because it doesn't exactly make me look good, in fact, pretty embarrassing. If interested, you'll find it in the general Psychedelics forum or Trip Reports if its been moved.

Something like "4-AcO-DMT 62mg Bad Trip Report."

Just to put that in perspective: ~60 mg of 4-AcO-DMT is approximately equivalent to 10+ grams of dried shrooms :)

Ether can be very good, I have felt like I was 3 people at once on it and so is salvia. May write up a salvia trip report later but should probably do it with ether given the chance stuff. The smell