• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bush Doof - Hints & Tips

It actually SNOWED at a doof west of Sydney last year!! It was in September too, about this time actually, so definitely no longer in the depths of winter. Just goes to show that yes, you really do need to be prepared for all weather!

Oh the snow would have been amazing and so pretty!!! :D

But yeah, you'd wanna be well prepared for that!

The snow while tripping would have been insane! Nothing better than the forces of nature while doffing, even though the wind at rainbow demolished my tent I found so much beauty in something so powerful.

Getting back to the hints and tips a hot water bottle is amazing for keeping your sleeping bag warm while your out stomping.

Last edited:
Another tip: Don't get people tripping to help you with anything coz they are the most useless people bahahahahah (in the nicest way possible :p )

I remember watching trippers trying to help someone move their bogged car and some of them were pushing the car along with 1 finger!! Not an arm..but a finger!! Very funny though :p

Oh the snow would have been amazing and so pretty!!! :D

But yeah, you'd wanna be well prepared for that!

It wasn't, and we weren't :(

We certainly weren't expecting snow and no one was prepared. Add to that there was hardly any fire wood around and it made for a cold, cold night.
The wind was the killer though, the snow would have been bearable without it but even the next day is was just so, so cold.

It was still an awesome night though - funs times running from one fire to the next with burning logs, convincing people that we had to amass all the wood together and add it to the dancefloor fire to have any hope of keeping warm :D

I think there are some photos somewhere in this thread.

It also hailed at the last doof we went to :D

Dancing in a hailstorm was definitely a first!!

It was pretty awesome. They were only pea-sized hailstones but still... :)

Lovegrud - Getting back to the hints and tips a hot water bottle is amazing for keeping your sleeping bag warm while your out stomping.

Ahh i have been planning for the next doof to take a hot water bottle actually! I was going to just take it to bed with me since i get so damn cold in my sleeping bag, trying to snuggle with my hubby still doesn't quite cut it for me.. especially if i am on psychedelics... i feel the cold x 1000!! I become like an old lady when im tripping tired and cold! I spend more time trying to keep warm and not enough time sleeping!! I think a hot water bottle will send me off to sleep like a bebeh like it always does :D

N3o - It was pretty awesome. They were only pea-sized hailstones but still..

But still that's fucking cool and i can't say i have done that .. yet!!

^^ It was a first for us too and SO awesome!!!

Another tip: Don't get people tripping to help you with anything coz they are the most useless people bahahahahah (in the nicest way possible :p )

Hahaha that is so true man, especially when it comes to moving cars in the morning :D

Hahaha that is so true man, especially when it comes to moving cars in the morning :D

Reminds me of this nice fellow that helped us start our car one doof..

My friends car wouldn't start, so he went around asking for anyone who had cables, one guy who was obviously extremely stoned and on the tail-end of a trip said he'll look for some, he disappeared for the next half hour, we just assumed he forgot.

He later came back with like 3 sets of cables with a big grin on his face, and offered to use his car against our advise in his state, took him 5mins to start the car, stalling it twice.. then a slow but steady drive down towards my friends car. Hooked them up, car started, all sorted.

We said thanks for the help, and told him he should probably give back the cables.. the look on his face when we said that, i've never laughed so hard in my life. He looked like he saw a ghost, paralyzed by fear, leaned in towards us and whispered "I cant remember where i got them from?"

I can't remember if it has already been mentioned or not but i personally recommend people to pack themselves an emergency/first aid kit - but make sure you take things like panadol, nurofen plus....even things like gastro stop, mylanta and other antacid helpers....i personally will not go without all of those things. Nothing like being out in no where and getting a bad case of diarrhea because the drugs aren't agreeing with you quite right, wind pains (i had that once at a doof... was HELL. Complete hell)

When you're consuming drugs of your choice sometimes you just don't know how it's going to react with your body at times, so be prepared to ensure you are able to medicate yourself where required so you don't get into a worse state. Nothing worse that feeling really crook when out in no where imo.

Yeah they do have first aid tents there, but i think it's a lot easier to have your own stuff as well which will be at your camp site, which is your safe security spot.

^^ That is absolutely spot-on dfrs, good call!! I always take pretty much any medication I might (or others might) possibly need, and it comes from years and years of gradually discovering the hard way what one might possibly need in the way of meds at a doof.

Always keep in mind that if you haven't eaten much, and you need to take painkillers for whatever reason, DO NOT TAKE NUROFEN/ADVIL or anything with codeine!!!! You will be in a world of pain with stomach cramps! Always take panadol ONLY (or aspirin, but preferably panadol) if you've not eaten much/anything overnight.

Buscopan is great for stomach pain/cramps, and as dfrs said Mylanta syrup or the chewable tablets are perfect for heartburn :)

/Dr n3o %)

Always keep in mind that if you haven't eaten much, and you need to take painkillers for whatever reason, DO NOT TAKE NUROFEN/ADVIL or anything with codeine!!!! You will be in a world of pain with stomach cramps! Always take panadol ONLY (or aspirin, but preferably panadol) if you've not eaten much/anything overnight.

I think from studies done it's "only" 10-30% (can't remember exact percentage, been a while since I looked into codeine + possible cramps due to needing to help a friend out ages ago) of people may get cramps from codeine, it's definitely not a guaranteed affect. The (bigger) problem is people taking NSAIDs like ibuprofen (nurofen) without food. This can heighten to chance of getting peptic ulcers for the main. http://www.medicinenet.com/nonsteroidal_anti-inflammatory_drugs_and_ulcers/article.htm has some stuff there.

But I do recall seeing that stomach cramps and codeine is not a guaranteed affect, one anecdotal report was from staff at a clinic that deals with codeine addiction and I think something like 5000+ were part of the study to do with stomach cramps and the percentage of it possibly happening. I'd look into it more with some google searches but I'm worn out and off to bed, no time or motivation to look for linkies for supporting pages.

Which is why I said the part about ibuprofen in capital letters ;)

I have always taken ibuprofen etc with food, even if it's just a banana and a glass of milk because it clearly says so on the pack that you need to. I have known people to not do this though and have got into a bad way due to it.... you don't need a full on meal, just a snack as you take the pill so your body can cope with it better.

So yeah that brings me to another must take to doofs - FRUIT! :D a very easy food to eat when wasted. Grapes are what i highly recommend, and then bananas!

Which is why I said the part about ibuprofen in capital letters ;)

Yeah but having "or anything with codeine" isolates codeine as a drug doing damage (on it's own) is what I saw jump out in that sentence.

I know we're all different and all but i not too long ago had a codeine extraction on a empty stomach and it made me feel violently ill. I realised i should have had a banana or something before hand. Never again... in fact it has put me off codeine extractions. :\

When out at a doof, i think it's important to just do the right thing and keep your food intake up regardless if you're planning on consuming anything substance or medication wise because you just never know, and id rather be safe than sorry when out in the bush. :)

If you look after your body your body will look after you!

Oh which puts me onto another doof must have - MULTIVITAMINS!! Do it... because doofing takes a lot out of us and makes us get pretty run down by the end of it. Also you may find you will eat easier meals like sausages in bread or anything else that's easy too cook when tired and/or trashy. So you wont be eating as good as normal with your veggies etc, so if you keep up with your vitamin intake you will balance it all out and stay in good form.

Last edited:
^ You already know my love of multi-vitamins - can't get enough - especially at doofs. Just ensuring that you don't get run down in any way - eating well (even if it's not alot, making sure you're eating something nutritious), keeping hydrated and rested (whether it's a full night sleep or just taking it easy for one night). I know that i don't function and am not fun to be around if i've not had at least some sleep each night. I slept every night at the last doof i went to (yay high density foam queen-size mattress ;)) and felt so good the entire time. :)

Oh god yes sleep is essential!! I am the same, i need some sleep each night otherwise im not a happy camper. Im not one to just party all night and all day with no sleep... even if i end up staying up all night dancing, i must hit the sack in the morning and sleep for as long as possible otherwise i get too run down. And i just don't feel like im having any fun if i aren't getting much needed rest.

Not only do i need to sleep at doofs, but i also want to... it doesn't interest me at all to just go several days sleepless anymore. Those days are well over.

doofing is the most fun you can ever have.
i've only been going for just over a year and i couldn't imagine life without it.
doofers are the most lovely people you will ever, ever meet and you just meet more lovely ones each doof you go to!
unfortunately i can't go to the one this weekend though, must stay home and look after my sickly girlfriend. but new years doof - new psycle - EVERYONE SHOULD COME!