• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc burnt fabric on outside of glass pipe :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfpartytime

Greenlighter
8o hi I got burnt polyester on the outside of my pipe. Is there anyway to get it off?and clean only the outside?without getting rid of the still useful product inside?

thank you! I've used BL as a reference for years but never joined or posted. I'm planning to come back.

Jason

It would be safest just to get a new pipe. Have not had this happen to me, not sure what to advise. Sorry.

You could easily use water to transfer out what's inside to something else, then clean it. Let it dehydrate. Etc.

Water might not get the drugs out, depending on what you were smoking in it. I'd need to know that to recommend a proper solvent.

Have you tried vegetable oil to get the burnt polyester off? Might work. Or something like turpentine, though I'd try veggie oil first. Soaking might help. Make sure to clean whatever you use all off with soap & hot water before using/applying flame again.

Potentially you could just burn all the fabric that can't be cut off, but I wouldn't try that personally, even outside, due to nasty fumes. I would get a new pipe if the nonpolar solvents don't help.

I would try acetone or Methyl Ethyl Ketone, being sure that Everything is evaporated before smoking out of it again. The above recommendations are decent as well.

Unfortunately this doesn't quite fall under Harm reduction but I do wish you luck and Welcome to BL sfpartytime:)

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.