• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Burning skin after smoking?

ElleAZ

Bluelighter
Hullo.

I have been having an issue with pot. I recently took a break of about a month for tolerance. I started to actually feel better, more awake and happy when I quit. I also went through a withdrawal of about a ten days to two weeks where I had anxiety, insomnia, sweats, and no appetite for days. So after a month, I decided to take a single draw from my vape cartridge. This is high grade MMJ bought from reputable dispensary. That was enough to make me loopy. The next day, I felt a rush of heat in my skin. I sweated all a morning and it is tender to the touch.

I have had this issue for months but attributed it to a sulfa antibiotic I had been on in January, that made me very sick so I stopped mid course. I had that burning skin issue. I was also smoking pot. And the burning never stopped, until I went on this break. It became faint but did not go away entirely.

Can't discuss it with my doc! Gotta go to the peeps in the know.

Does this sound like an ALLERGY to marijuana??

its possible. I have a friend who had an "Allergy" to weed, although I don't think it was necessarily an allergy. he would either puke or get really light headed or SOMETHING rather (back in high school days, dont remember) BUT he could and still does smoke dabs (concentrates, ice wax etc) just fine and quite heavily..... never really figured out what was up with that. maybe something in the bud, some random alkaloids or who knows.

if it were an allergy, its possible that you were tolerant to it during stable use..and when you stopped your body cleared itself and became hyper sensitive to it again. this happens with food, sometimes when you change your diet for the better, and have Re acclimated your body to your new diet, if you bring in a particular nasty food in that used to eat , theres a high chance it will make you sick. but when you were eating it every day your body was tolerant of it. it seems paradoxical like you're getting UNHEALTHIER because of your weaker seeming reaction to food that used to not phase you, but its actually more acutely aware because relatively speaking its micro biome is so different now...anyways, ramble on...

I've never heard of this burning sensation for marijuana, but honestly I'm pretty naive the whole idea of withdrawals being terrible from marijuana. don't get me wrong I'm not skeptical I fully believe they suck and I'm not trying to belittle your struggle, I'm sure it was very intense., I just havent heard of it till recently when I looked through these forums. I read one BLer talking about how they got put on BENZOS for a severe few month long cannabis withdrawal ....if THAT aint ass backwards I don't know what is, but hey I would do the same if I was really going through it. now that I think about it, if that particular individual was talking about cannabis or RC cannabinoids, I dont recall. but I know withdrawal from marijuana is a real thing.

whenever I've withdrawn from drugs, wether its opioids, benzos, gabapentinoids, that skin burning sensation is definitely a symptom of each . perhaps differing in degree, or exact feeling ( I remember methadone in particular was a TERRIBLE skin burning ), but thats a pretty across the board withdrawal symptom. what MAYBE could be happening, and I dont want to scare you, but perhaps your brain still hasn't fully recovered from some protracted withdrawal symptoms and smoking exacerbated it?? but see even then I felt so uncomfortable typing that out, it just seems so out of the realm of cannabis, this normally tends to happen with chemicals that have severe physical dependance like opiates and benzos, where if you use before the withdrawal is over fully you get shot right back to square 1, or close to it.

with that said, It may be psychosomatic honestly.i'm leaning more towards that, the brain is incredibly powerful. if you've been through something traumatic revolving a drug, you don't necessarily have to consciously be feeling a way about it your subconscious can just connect it to said event such as a withdrawal and add that extra layer of pressure and anxiety to the situation.. do you perhaps feel guilty at all about it? you called it an "issue", are you trying to stay away from it completely? or was it a rational decision. I'm just spit ballin here lol.

anyways, hope you're feeling a little better, atleast momentarily. peace!

b