Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Burning DMT

finitelifeform

Bluelighter
Hey everybody.
Oil burner pipes for DMT are the usual device for consumption so it seems. Is the burning of the material not a concern? The glass is thin and I can imagine the material is easy to destroy if not done correctly.

Are normal Clipper lighters okay? Do you need a jet torch? What are the chances of destroying the material? Is it a common occurence to waste material? Seems like such a sensitive material to work with

People have their own opinions on this. Burnt DMT is fucking nasty and caustic and horrible to experience. Ugh!!.

I smoked/vaped DMT nearly every possible way other than a legit machine/DMT vape. Oil burners/crack pipes were the WORST method by far I experienced. It's too difficult to control the temp and not burn it.

Lay down some weed to plug a bowl, sprinkle in 20-40mg of DMT, lay some weed on top and smoke with a regular lighter. That's my personal favorite method.

If you want to vape DMT properly you need to use a specific kind of rig.

The real answer is getting a "machine" rig, I think. I am partial to weed sandwich personally.

You will get better answers than what I have to say however my favorite fail proof method is actually weed sandwich. Probably not the most efficient but by far the most pleasant and easily effective in somewhat experienced opinion.

Quick response, nice! Can you trip though using an oil burner and a normal lighter? And when you say difficult to not burn it how difficult is it?

Quick response, nice! Can you trip though using an oil burner and a normal lighter? And when you say difficult to not burn it how difficult is it?
oh sure man, you can definitely do it with an oil burner

but in my experience it was a horrible experience and last resort type of thing. It burns your lips, smells and taste awful... but it works.

I guess maybe I was too impatient or didn't have the technique... I hated it every time I tried it, though.

Vaping, doing all that can be done to avoid burning it, is the only way imo. As was stated, if you burn it your lungs take a very major beating. It it atrocious and caustic AF.

FWIW, I've vaped DMT from an oil-burner pipe and had no problems. Maybe I was lucky. I think the trick is to keep it moving and get it all to turn into a liquid before finally vaporizing. I used a jet torch lighter.

Vaping, doing all that can be done to avoid burning it, is the only way imo. As was stated, if you burn it your lungs take a very major beating. It it atrocious and caustic AF.

You ought to try snorting it. I had two big vicious alkali burns from my nostril to my top lip. I looked a right silly twat.

You ought to try snorting it. I had two big vicious alkali burns from my nostril to my top lip. I looked a right silly twat.
Did you snort the freebase or the HCL salt?

I’ve read the freebase burns like hell but info on snorting ths salt is a bit ambiguous.

I’ve used a few different methods, but never could get the hang of an oil burner. It was frustrating to me. I made a “Machine” and that worked pretty well, far better than an oil burner. But the game changer was spending some money on a glass Vapor Genie (I use their glass Sherlock). It is so incredibly easy to break through using that thing.
If you’re serious about your DMT, I couldn’t find a better recommendation than that.

So its possible to do it with an oil burner from what I see from what everyone is saying. I knew that it was but a major issue was wasting material.

You are vaping it regardless, if you do it correct? Rotating the bulb to heat the glass NOT the material keeping the flame an inch or so away until the smoke starts to collect in the bulb. I read it should turn to a liquid at this point and this the final stage before it turns to smoke?

So its possible to do it with an oil burner from what I see from what everyone is saying. I knew that it was but a major issue was wasting material.

You are vaping it regardless, if you do it correct? Rotating the bulb to heat the glass NOT the material keeping the flame an inch or so away until the smoke starts to collect in the bulb. I read it should turn to a liquid at this point and this the final stage before it turns to smoke?
I did it with an oil burner my first go. But I only had 8 mg in the bowl as a test and I used a really low flame spirit burner with denatured alcohol as fuel. The flame on that only burns about 150 C if it’s kept really low and I think the melting point of DMT is around 50 C somewhere. I just kept the flame away from the glass until the puddle formed and then came closer the glass momentarily to make it plume. I don’t know how it would go with the 40 mg people are recommending but 8 mg totally did my head in anyway. The challenge is that the glass stores heat and keeps transferring it to the puddle even after you pull the flame away.

Oh, it’s definitely possible, but do expect material to get wasted as you find the proper technique for a 40-50mg puddle. I found it extraordinarily wasteful and frustrating, but I’m apparently not skilled in the art of the oil burner. Getting a sufficient amount of DMT in me in a short timeframe was just not happening. But there are those out there who do fine with an oil burner, for whatever reason.
But yes, it melts, then vaporizes. A problem I had was with vapor wanting to escape the chamber before a significant amount had vaporized.
I’d say taking the $5 and 10 minutes required to make a Machine-style pipe is far better and produces far less waste.

Did you snort the freebase or the HCL salt?

I’ve read the freebase burns like hell but info on snorting ths salt is a bit ambiguous.
Well i thought it was ph neutral - tested it with litmus paper but it must have still been slightly alkali - very sensitive skin around your hooter.

I second that. Its lingers much like the smell of an old mans dusty cigar cupboard.

Holy mother of...
I guess the most important question would be;
Did you survived?

The best way for me is to use a small glass bong with two wire mesh pad thingys, sandwich the DMT in between the two wire pads and just use a normal bic lighter. Having said that my friend's brother is coming down this weekend and he has a lot of experience using DMT so I will be fascinated to see how he gets the stuff into his body.

The best way for me is to use a small glass bong with two wire mesh pad thingys, sandwich the DMT in between the two wire pads and just use a normal bic lighter. Having said that my friend's brother is coming down this weekend and he has a lot of experience using DMT so I will be fascinated to see how he gets the stuff into his body.

Keep us updated!
I have been looking at more efficient ways of doing it and been drawn to vape machines. The smoke has definetly affected my lungs somewhat.

How often are you doing it if you feel it's affecting your lungs?

How often are you doing it if you feel it's affecting your lungs?
I have only done it three times. Two of those times were barely experiences, mild at the absolute most. So one time officially. The one time I did it properly was a full blown trip and the sh*t I took back into my lungs was horrific. I managed to get the material to a liquid (something I couldnt do before due to weather conditions and the lighter I was using) and then inhaled.

Still feel like my lungs are a little different now.

The number one way to smoke dmt is to use a dab rig. You heat it up until it’s red hot and then let it cool down for 30 seconds more or less then drop the whole dose in there and smoke it. This will make your glass smell and taste like dmt. Also if you have a carb cap type of thing use it.