• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buproprion experience

S

Stuproprion

Hi, I've done a ton of searches on the recreational use of buproprion. There is video from a canadian news source showing a guy with a ton of abcesses and wounds cooking and injecting the drug, and they called it poor man's crack.

Here is what I did. I realize what I did was stupid, but I did it none-the-less. I work in the medical industry, I know sterile procedures, I know how to sterilize equipment, and I have access to sterile instruments. I DO NOT recommend anyone try doing this unless they have the same abilities/supplies.

I crushed 20 150mg tablets of generic Buproprion SR, which would result in a solution of 3 grams. This powder was very fine, and was then transfered to a sterile container to which I added 30ml of sterile saline 0.9%. This was mixed well, and allowed to rest for approx 15 mins. This mixture was a gooey pink sludge. The container was then placed in a pot of boiling water (double boiler) I continued to stir the mixture, which began to seperate into a goo and a transparent pink liquid. I never let the drug mixture start boiling, eilther that, or the solution had a higher boiling point than plain water. The container was removed from the double boiler and while still hot, drawn up into a 30ml syringe through a sterile cotton filter. I then transfered the contents of the syringe to another sterile container, and drew it up through a micron filter to remove any impurities, even though the solution appeared so very clear.

I started a 22 guage IV on myself in one attempt to my lateral antecubital, the IV was flushed with normal saline, and had good blood return. Now, because of the high risk of seizure, I consumed 600mg of Gabapentin, and placed 5mg of diazepam under my tongue, with the bottle close at hand. I have never gotten anything recreational from either the Gabapentin or the diazepam.

Initially I pushed 5ml of the resulting 25ml of solution which would in a perfect extraction equal 120ml per ml so I was pushing 600mg. I initially felt a slight happier than usual feeling, and metallic taste in the back of my throat. I would not consider this to be euphoric, nor worth the work. Now, the adict in my came out and I decided to push more. I got myself in a safe location incase of seizure (laying on the floor with the phone nearby) I pushed another 5ml, which should have been 600mg, placing me at 1200mg total. A little more happiness, no Aura or strange sensations that would suggest an oncoming seizure. Pushed 5ml more, no real change. I now cleaned up my chemistry tools to avoid detection by loved ones and restored things to normal incase I became unable to do this at a later time. Now I needed a shower, I finally pushed it all, givng myself a total of 3000mg over about 2 hours. I removed my IV, and cleaned up. I did have a very hard time getting my IV site to stop bleeding, so there may have been some blood thinning components to the drug. NOW things got interesting. I started hallucinating, ears ringing, I was still able to txt and walk without any lack of coordination, and proceed to my shower, the water was very trippy. and I can only liken the feeling to much better than when I last did acid, but very similar. This feeling lasted about 3 hours and faded slowly. I felt anything but tired, so I took 5mg of diazepam and 75mg of benadryl to help me fall asleep. I avoided detection by my family, and now the next day, I still feel a little funny, but otherwise normal.

I really have no idea how much of the active ingredient was extracted in this process, and never thought I would need to inject the full amount in order to get high, so I'd like to think I didn't inject 3g of this drig, but it is possible. Sadly I can't say I don't want to do it again today, but I'm going to try to avoid drugs for a bit. Urine is normal looking, quantity, and smelling, no organ pain, no jaundice, not strange symptoms on self assessment.

I'm posting this because I'm unsure if I discovered something new that others may enjoy, and just to get the opinions of others who may have a better understanding of the chemistry and the ingredients of these tablets. I do know that pills should never be injected, etc, and I don't need the flames, I know this was something stupid, that shouldn't be repeated. I am fortunate that I have the access and ability to be sterile in technique.

DO NOT TRY THIS.

I'm glad you took the proper steps in performing a safe and sterile IV session.. but I've never gotten anything great from Bupropion myself.

I had 8 150mg tablets (so about 1,200mg total) all at once and it was the worst night of my life. Puked everywhere, it appeared as if the walls were melting down, it was just an overall bad experience. I wouldn't recommend anti-depressants to anyone who wants to have a good time. With that being said, I'm glad you got something out of it. Maybe our experiences differed because mine was eaten, perhaps?

Have to agree with T, though.

Bupropion-No idea why you snorting yourself to hell.

Buproprion a drug that only truly an addict can understand. You shot it once, nothing, twice, (You wonder what's the big deal why do people shoot it up no euphoria nothing worth it) and then you shot up a third time making it a good three thousand MG's and you start to hallucinate. And you honestly say and ask "hey this drug is great I am seeing things. I wonder if this recreational." 3000 Mg are you on a death wish. I use Buproprion recreationally as a habit. I also have tried to take my life twice with buproprion. When you snort it you get a mild mild increase in overall cognitive ability but more than that you get an urge about fifthteen later to do it again. It is not a the feeling you get with meth or coke but kinda like when you been smoking weed for a year and you don't have any. It is a strong desire , an urge, followed with a mild aggregation for an hour if you don't do more a longing say you. So it is addictive but not in you typical way speed is. That causes a problems because that makes the general population say it's not addictive which gives you the go ahead. As far as shooting 3000 mg and hallucinations. Well you take that much buproprion that D2 receptor is full force. Problem with is it also cause paranoia and delusions. Last thing you need while see spectres. Also it was around that dose ( about 20 150 mg pills) that I od. Two times. The first after the hallucinations I went into fifteen hours of seizures. The hallucinations were nightmarish. I was placed in ICU then CCU where they informed my kidneys were trying to die from being clogged up. I was OK. 2nd time on topamax nightmarish hallucnations and passed out. Hospital again kidneys again. Leave bupropion alone. Take it as prescribed or else you will end up with clogged nostrils wondering why you are doing this. And by the if you see utube video with a guy shotting up a substance that cause massive abscesses an you think it is a good idea. You are not an addict your just foolish