• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupropion XL 150mg X3 daily (Wellbutrin)

HoboQueen

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. So I've been on Wellbutrin/Bupropion for 3-4 years. I was on 150 and it did nothing, then on 300, and now I'm on 300 in the morning and 150 at noon. So a buddy told me the other day that in jail the inmates went crazy over it and if you snort it, it's like speed. Now since being on it I've not been suicidal and have more motivation. I did have issues with manic episodes, and still seem manic and high energy at times, but that's always been just me. So can anyone tell me about how it magically becomes speed when snorted? Does it help more, is it like Adderall or something? I was on Adderall for like a month when I was young and the cons outweighed the pros for sure. If I'm extra down due to chronic fatigue will it help that? Just curious, not even really wanting to try it but I want to know all about it.

I can tell you that taking an antidepressant for anything other than what it's prescribed for is probably very dangerous. A lot of the effects of high doses of stimulants are all very likely to occur, along with, I'm sure many other side effects. These can include hallucinations (visual and auditory) and even long term psychosis.

That being said, I have read that Bupropion and other medications alike are referred to as "Poor man's coke". It is possible to reach a state of stimulation and a high similar to other drugs. In order to achieve it though, you have to take thousands of milligrams and the recommended maximum daily dose is 450mg.

Be careful of seizures, with wellbutrin, outdoing that daily rcomm dose is very very dangerous. Not because of the seizures but because of the psychosis too. I know, I've been in the ER for both.
It does not become speed, it hits you all at once and straight your dome, instead of going to your stomach (for the most part).