• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupropion and buprenorphine combination, how do they interact?

Poppymojo

Greenlighter
Hey, guys, i have 300 mg bupropion and 2 mg suboxone, im wondering what would be interaction between these two, my plan is to take all 300 mg bupropion orally in the morning, then IV 1 mg suboxone after an hour or few, is it safe? Could bupropion potentiate the effects of suboxone?

I would just not take the bupropion tbh. Or do you take it everyday for depression etc? It certainly isn't going to get you high. Bupropion shares structural similarities to amphetamines and I believe it is, technically, a cathinone but it doesn't have any of the fun effects of those drugs.

So yeah, just take the sub and forget the bupropion, also if you're going to IV the sub you really need to get a wheel filter or some sort of micron filter from your local needle exchange. Your body will thank you

Yeah, Wellbutrin. Isn't very Tv, although I knew someone who snorted it.

It's not really gonna enchance the buprenorphime

In fact Wellbutrin is used to stop smoking so orally, it could interfere with the dopamine release

I would just not take the bupropion tbh. Or do you take it everyday for depression etc? It certainly isn't going to get you high. Bupropion shares structural similarities to amphetamines and I believe it is, technically, a cathinone but it doesn't have any of the fun effects of those drugs.

So yeah, just take the sub and forget the bupropion, also if you're going to IV the sub you really need to get a wheel filter or some sort of micron filter from your local needle exchange. Your body will thank you
I have taken bupropion for depression 2 years ago, actually, if i skipped few days it used to make me a little speedy high, I used to take amphetamine in the past and when i started to come down a little, i IV’d suboxone and felt high, more like full opiate agonist high, that’s why im wondering if suboxone taken few hours after bupropion could make my sub high nicer, I don’t have an access to micron or wheel filters, here in my little town, where i live, i filter with cigarette filter, but it’s not a big problem for me, cause i use subs occasionally

Bupropion is odd in that it seems to really not produce any euphoria when taken orally, but the effects last all day. When it is crushed and insufflated or used intravenously, it has a Cocaine (minus the good parts)-like high that some enjoy.

There are no really serious reactions to debate here. You can take both drugs safely if by their proposed route of administration. If you're abusing Bupropion, things change and become much less healthy. Are you planning on insufflation?

I have taken bupropion for depression 2 years ago, actually, if i skipped few days it used to make me a little speedy high, I used to take amphetamine in the past and when i started to come down a little, i IV’d suboxone and felt high, more like full opiate agonist high, that’s why im wondering if suboxone taken few hours after bupropion could make my sub high nicer, I don’t have an access to micron or wheel filters, here in my little town, where i live, i filter with cigarette filter, but it’s not a big problem for me, cause i use subs occasionally
I would recommend trying to find out if you can do an alcohol extraction (maybe isopropyl alcohol would work, not sure about buprenorphine's solubilities) because if you can't get wheels/microns and you're only filtering through cotton there is gonna be a lot of nasty shit going into your veins. As you say it will probably be okay if you don't do it often but I still wouldn't recommend it.

I absolutely don't support the injection of Bupropion. It just tickles the dicks of the stim-using population, producing crack-like cravings.

The only difference is this allegorical "crack hit" requires repeated injections of foul material. There are people in this forum who have lost limbs and plenty of people around the world who have died from this practice.

If you use wheel filters you will have better luck but it is still dangerous.

Hey, guys, i have 300 mg bupropion and 2 mg suboxone, im wondering what would be interaction between these two, my plan is to take all 300 mg bupropion orally in the morning, then IV 1 mg suboxone after an hour or few, is it safe? Could bupropion potentiate the effects of suboxone?
I take both and I honestly had to switch to subutex and I feel so much better -am also on two different doses of Effexor as well