• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

Ya subs are better with the wds, specially if you taper. The lopermide help me also but nowhere near 50mg lol. Thats alot of imodium. My digestive system improve immediately after stopping subs. Oxy used to do me dirty also, brick scity.

Buprenorphine, Buprenorphine, Buprenorphie... *sigh* here again, withdrawing, nearing end of 3rd day off a 2mg jump. I must have some poor genes concerning this one because I'm in turmoil - no comfort meds, some immodium to stave off the splurging, but really, this is so drawn out and slow I think it is the worst opiate to get off. Think about it, you can use bupe to get off smack pain-free (ish), but what can you use to get off bupe? Nothing but sweet old clock ticks and very sweaty bedsheets (and we all know what comes in between).

Having said all that, cravings don't seem to be a big part of the bupe w/d experience (if at all for some of us fortunate enough) - so, I'm not sure where I really place it; I think it's just simpler to admit that humans aren't supposed to be dependent on opiates (full or partial) and call them six of one and half a dozen and of the other.

At the risk of having a conversation with myself, I'll just update: I've discovered a 0.4mg subutex which I thought I had disposed of days ago, and subsequently (pun unintended) delivered promptly up my right nostrel. Withdrawal has completely subsided (further unintentional pun) and I am now left relaxed but uncertain of how the overall process has been affected. I will however, describe the consequence of taking 0.4mg of sub 4(ish) days into withdawal as and when it becomes clear. I would hope this would arouse the interest of at least a few of you out there. Cheers.

Your taper and jump off might have been too fast. 2mg a bit high for me. I tried that exact amount before and had a rough time then ended up back on subs. Then I was switched to the films and it was very easy to break them down to 0.5mg doses. Taper slow and low as possible then you just slide right off. The first week I didn't feel too good but nothing even close to H wds or oxy. After that week I started feeling better and now 6-7 weeks clear of subs. Not really feeling it now or any craving to go back on. Definately don't miss that sketchy sub doctor or retard pharmacy I had to deal with. Try finding subs at a pharmacy in brooklyn lol. Theres 3 maybe with it out of 10,000 pharmacies. Every block for miles has 2 pharmacies on it. You ask them to fill a scrip and they look at it like an alien drug they never heard of or willing to order. I'm like Hello this is a legit scrip, call the doctor. Do you want business?? $300 a month...no ok bye. Sometimes you do better just walking down the street around here than seeing a doctor. Either way I finished giving them money. 100 nsaids for $5 sold.

Stay strong man, believe me I'm about ready to loose my shit period i jumped off @ 2 mg because i moved out here with my girl for her grad school program currently we are staying with her parents while we save up for a place but rule #1 is no drugs period so I'm on day 23 cold turkey (save like 10 5's) I tried to use to stave off the worst first couple days of w/d's.

RodRamsey is right though the subutex clinic I went to was shady than alot of places I bought dope, coke or oxys, Foreign doctor set up in like a house in the shitty part of Pittsburgh there was a table down stairs for his girlfriend to play secretary at and a shitty deck up the stairs as his office, no filing cabinets no other furniture in the whole place and he was only in that location one week a month. Sounds more like a traphouse than the office of a medical professional. All the same I went to him for years we never talked about tapering at all. I hooked up friends and people who couldn't afford the clinic the only rule was cash before you see the doc. Bunch of fucking dope pushers man, I thought "holy shit, no detox, I win at life" now I feel worse than I ever did all the times I kicked cold on oc's and h (inter-nasal never got into iv) just from the sheer length. It tests your resolve for sure. If I knew were to cop @ Mizzou I would.... I'm really climbing the walls. I even missed out on a promotion/raise because this past month I was sick my work have went to shit.

Hopefully torn beat this mess by now, anyone else going threw it feel free to hit me up, I'm not into that N/A higher power shit but I definately understand that it helps just to talk this shit out. Heads up guys.....

I'm trying to jump off at 1mg flat. I thought I was dong fantastic to make a whole strip/pill go 7-8 days. It's harder than it sounds psychologically, physically is not the worst.
I really wish I had never used maintenance period and I wouldn't be in this position. But this comes from someone who switches back and forth on the regular.

I wish you all tons of luck! I know the feeling and I've been right there.

My ex clinic is more of a drug substitution place than an actual place to get help from your physical / mental dependences. Well, I'm mentally about ready to never ever go back to taking opis as I've sussed my shit out but the physical and mental torment from this current detox are making me go and get dihydrocodeine from the pharmacist to use as a withdrawal "easer". It works a little, but I'd rather be using valium or clonidine to get me through to the worst - I can't get that prescribed legitimately because the doctors are over cautious and spineless dicks at the clinic. Won't bother seeking it out any other way as that's just not a smart move is it really.

Ths is the start of day 5 and I'm about ready to shoot myself - it was never this bad when I did it last time. Hate with a passion how long this goes on for, it's gotta get better over the next few days surely!!?

My ex clinic is more of a drug substitution place than an actual place to get help from your physical / mental dependences. Well, I'm mentally about ready to never ever go back to taking opis as I've sussed my shit out but the physical and mental torment from this current detox are making me go and get dihydrocodeine from the pharmacist to use as a withdrawal "easer". It works a little, but I'd rather be using valium or clonidine to get me through to the worst - I can't get that prescribed legitimately because the doctors are over cautious and spineless dicks at the clinic. Won't bother seeking it out any other way as that's just not a smart move is it really.

Ths is the start of day 5 and I'm about ready to shoot myself - it was never this bad when I did it last time. Hate with a passion how long this goes on for, it's gotta get better over the next few days surely!!?

Yeah, the acute phase should be substantially reduced in another few days.. Unfortunately, then you have to deal with bupe's very long PAWS period. :\

Hang in there.

It all depends on your history and health. If you can eat and sleep close to normal and stay busy the pawls not soo bad or long lasting. If you go from insuff 2mg to cold turkey its going to be way harder on you. I had to quit the insuff first, then taper, then jumpoff. Some habits die harder for some than others but you should be feeling better soon.

Thats a funny story about the shady clinics in pittsburg. I feel you bro, picture about 10,000 of those clinics setup in brooklyn alone. Manhattan is more about methadone clinics and super high priced sub doctors like they holding the key to life. Years ago subs were unheard of on the street here but now very common. Sure its the same in most cities, people are sick of clinic bs. Clinics are always run by a foriegn doctor who is one step away from being deported for their foul practice. Suboxone or subutex treatment is not a crime! The way clinics handle it makes it seem criminal.

Am 20 days clean from subs. I am using some small amount of extended release morphine and dihydrocodeine, but I honestly have not felt any sub withdrawals, yet I should say. Am either happy or worried, I do not know if I have lot of sub saturated in my receptor that I might get hit with wds later? or because I was lurking around low dose for sub for last 3 years minimized my withdrawals? since March I tapered down from 1mg to 0.5, switched to H for 3 weeks, then pain pills, on them currently.

So far no withdrawals from sub, not even chills. I do not know if sub has come out of my system now or will I experience sub withdrawals? mentally I do not feel too different then my last dose of sub but then again what dose clarity feel like? for now everything is cool, sleep is good, no anxiety or depression, just slight lack of motivation, but these stories of withdrawals creeping up 1, 2 ,3 months down the line scares me, the mental wds/PAWS creeping up later which include chills, fatigue etc all scare me.. Anybody chime in here?

You denately need to taper as others sa. but a lot of it is in your mind. a good mindset, nutricous food, excercise, and some clonidine or what not...make it much easier. its just getting yourself motivted to excercise eat well ect... thats hard for me.

Ofcourse your not w/ding bc you switched to morphine...just went to a different opiate/opiod...try stopping your morphine and see how you feel lol..

You denately need to taper as others sa. but a lot of it is in your mind. a good mindset, nutricous food, excercise, and some clonidine or what not...make it much easier. its just getting yourself motivted to excercise eat well ect... thats hard for me.

That pretty much sums up what I did to get off subs also. The first week I felt weak, no appetite. As that improved nutrician and excercise made huge difference. The lorpermide helped in the beginning but now I not even taking that. Much easier this time with the low taper method. Get as low as possible.

Taking morphine lol will help with wds but may put you right back on subs. Some people not ready to be off and I understand that completely. It needs to be a motivated effort to quit and make it stick.

Ofcourse your not w/ding bc you switched to morphine...just went to a different opiate/opiod...try stopping your morphine and see how you feel lol..

^^ This.

How can you expect to feel the withdrawals from bupe when you just switched back to another opiate..? If you're not careful, you're going to end up skyrocketing your tolerance and have to start from square one, even worse off then you were.

fuck me, seriously. i feel like the walking dead, my soul and life is drained from bupre withdrawal. it has been around 20 days since my last dose, and it seems to just keep drawing on. i havent slept more than 3hrs a night, coupled with anhedonia, no energy and complete lack of desire to do anything is really taking a toll on me. headaches, runny nose, sneezing, yawning, RLS, the works are all there...i wake up every day and start to cry from the depression i feel. i just feel, so empty..somethings got to give..

i am barely getting by the skin of my teeth, white knuckling-everyday is a grind. i almost gave in to buying needles an dope, but i stopped myself right in front of the pharmacy. i thought, just five more fucking days!! fuckk...my cravings are so bad. all i think about is how much relief and pleasure a fat shot of boy would be. i get using dreams every night which really really fuck with me. last night i shot up a mixture of heroin and cocaine in my dreams, woke up in a pile of sweat with the taste of that wonderful rush in the back of my throat.

i was unwillingly withdrawn from buprenorphine, but there is hope. i have a dr's appointment in 5 days to get back on suboxone. this time i WILL take it sublingually, or atleast maybe plugging it. there is no point putting a needle in my arm for just bupre. i know i cant keep on without any bupre, i just cant do it. life is to tough at the moment, i need some help.
i was fucking foolish to even to entertain the thought of abusing my suboxone script, yet alone injecting bupre. this time around things will be different, it HAS to be different. i cant keep fucking around with my life. fuck it all. i just want some relief, i just want to live. to feel, to laugh, to just fucking exist. right now i dont even feel like a human being. god please help me!

^^

at 20 days in man, you should just stick it out. You're already so close. If you get back on bupe, you're just going to have to go through everything you already have all over again. I know it's hard but one day at a time (as cliche as that saying is, it is the only way)

At the stage you're at, the real physical aspect to the withdrawal you're describing will start to diminish every day, especially in another week. Then you'll start getting a little more sleep and just be overall more comfortable. The PAWS and depression aspect is rough, I know, but you have to get through it. Find things you like to do to occupy your time.

I wish you the best of luck man. Feel proud of yourself. 20 days is a huge accomplishment.

Try 5 htp for relief and sleep aid. Its otc but a bit expensive. You made it almost a month so you close to being finished. It really depends on how you were taking subs, time on it, and tapering amount. If you used to insuff or slamm bup the wds are 10 times worse. If you need to go back on its ok, I did same thing. Wasn't ready or tapering correctly. When you really ready to quit switch to films, sublingal only, plugging is huge waste of time. Try getting it down real low dose on a slow taper. After a month you will forget about subs all together. Lopermide til you start eating normal. My appetite came back in a week off subs. Rather binge out on a steak now than orange pills.

Yeah, the acute phase should be substantially reduced in another few days.. Unfortunately, then you have to deal with bupe's very long PAWS period. :\

Hang in there.

Paws I can deal with - I'm fit, veggie, health conscious (ironic really considering all the painkillers!) and have never had any real problems with getting natural sleep. But this acute phase is vile - as you know - and there is just no way to escape it other than to endure it. Anyway it does seem a smidge less intense today and a friend is taking me to a spa for an afternoon-evening of working out and sauna; should help!

Godspeed x

Try 5 htp for relief and sleep aid. Its otc but a bit expensive. You made it almost a month so you close to being finished. It really depends on how you were taking subs, time on it, and tapering amount. If you used to insuff or slamm bup the wds are 10 times worse. If you need to go back on its ok, I did same thing. Wasn't ready or tapering correctly. When you really ready to quit switch to films, sublingal only, plugging is huge waste of time. Try getting it down real low dose on a slow taper. After a month you will forget about subs all together. Lopermide til you start eating normal. My appetite came back in a week off subs. Rather binge out on a steak now than orange pills.

You are spot on about insufflation compared to sublingual - this is something I didn't think about at all over my time on bupe; naturally, I snorted, because I didn't have to sit around like a twat with my mouth full of saliva for 5 minutes - but you're spot on, when you consider the BA of insuff being about 15% better than sublingual. I would have to say if I was to do this again and taper I would get myself on sublingual dosing, it seems to spread the duration out a little which is obviously beneficial.

5 Htp is a fair suggestion, but I think it is going to be a waste of money during a bupe detox; there is no way an amino acid supplment will ease you to sleep in the midst of a potent cluck - sure will help with a mandy comedown though! (Not that I'm at all suggesting anyone take MDMA during subutex withdrawal - aaah the thought of it is just dreadful!)

Last edited:
Paws I can deal with - I'm fit, veggie, health conscious (ironic really considering all the painkillers!) and have never had any real problems with getting natural sleep. But this acute phase is vile - as you know - and there is just no way to escape it other than to endure it. Anyway it does seem a smidge less intense today and a friend is taking me to a spa for an afternoon-evening of working out and sauna; should help!

Godspeed x

Ahhh, nice. Spa is a great idea.

Smart move too with the exercise. It really does make a huge difference.