• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin buprenorphine totalled my tolerance

keeping

Bluelight Crew
i'be on my bupe maintenance for four months now at 4mgs a day.
recently came across an old stash of heroin, - about half a gram, maybe a bit more - whilst cleaning my room, and really fancied a cheeky joy bang.
went withour bupe for around seven days and proceeeded to smoke up my usual fix (.2mgs) and felt nothing. so i decided to smoke up everything left.
i did feel a buzz but no euphoria or nod, and i smoked almost 4x my normal dose!

i know this question has been asked ad nausium but will my tolerance ever return to what it once was?? or will i have to turm to the needle?

thanks ,
keeps

Don't start with the needle. You're already in recovery.

You didn't seek out that dope, did you? Were you craving and looking for that stash? If so, then ya you were craving... So... Take that into consideration b/f you go back to dope. Cravings can be dealt with without using.

When I stated bupe seven years ago I went 1.5 years straight daily. Took three days off bupe and had to use at least 4x my previous dose b/f bupe to catch a nod.

All in all, my several relapses while on bupe were mostly two hours of the old feeling, then back to w/ds the next AM. Wasted a lot of money and effort.

Recently - after four days off bupe: five bundles of ecp to catch ten days of frustratingly little return, and it was fire, heroin only dope. Old timers were shooting two bags and almost falling out. So it wasn't my gear, at least not this last time. Look up my posts from Oct, you'll see the problems I had b/w bupe and dope. Lot of money for not much of the old days.

Tl: not worth it, yes it blows tolerance through the roof for many people.

I can't tell you about bupe maintenance but about my experience with Methadone.
All I can share is that it sort of blocked all of the effects of most of the opiates that have once made me high, including H. once and Fentanyl. Mostly the euphoria. It wasn't there anymore.
Regardless of how long I stayed off methadone or how low the dose was.

However, that only reinforced my will to keep battling against addiction. Of course this event I had which was similar to yours did not make me feel good about it but it helped me later.
This doesn't respond your question but I wanted to share it anyway as it was an inspiring experience so I could quit methadone.

Last edited: