• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe buprenorphine tolerance - how long until it goes away?

Wickedelic

Bluelighter
I have been on bupe for about 1.5 years now, starting at 8mg a day. I only got it because I liked the high, not for withdrawal. At the moment its been maybe 7 months of 3 a day, with occasional week long breaks, even though they stopped doing shit a couple of months ago. I kept on taking it because I thought I was getting a placebo effect. So, I took 3 strips 8 days ago and another 4 (lol) 5 days ago (no effect). Say I took 3 about 3 days from now (8 days after last dose), do you think I will feel anything? Even if I did I realize it wont be much but that's ok. My plan is to maybe just do it once a week once I start feeling something and hoping that my tolerance will gradually decrease.

Last edited:
I have gone at least 2 weeks maybe even longer without taking any before and noticed absolutely no withdrawal btw.

Thanks for the info!

Prior to taking the bupe I was taking up to 200 of loperamide but never to the point I had WD.
I've done 60-90mg of morphine (insufflated) for 5-6 days in a row and still no WD.
The only time I experienced mild WD was after 20 days of 65mg methadone a day.

I still think I will do the once a week thing (especially if I start getting desired results) and start lowering my dose each time. I'll take 3 on monday for the science, if you will. I'm also supposed to go to a 45 day rehab in 2 weeks for court so it would be nice if I could get a little buzz every now and again. I wish I had some funds to get some memantine for the rehab but am broke atm. Oh well, spending your bd, xmas and NYE in a co-ed residential isn't the end of the world, right? Last time I almost got laid but she got kicked super quick.

A few months ago I used 2 Narcans to try to lower my tolerance but I couldn't feel any difference. Does that really work?
Also I just found out about St. John's Worth. I have some so I'll definately be giving this a shot.

It is not a crazy idea to suggest 6 months of recovery from these long-acting Opioids. I know that this is harsh, but it's better to assume you're in for emotional and physical turmoil.

On the other side, there can be true recovery but it's not easy.

It is not a crazy idea to suggest 6 months of recovery from these long-acting Opioids. I know that this is harsh, but it's better to assume you're in for emotional and physical turmoil.

On the other side, there can be true recovery but it's not easy.
If I do start going through bad WD I would just taper down. I have a feeling I might indeed have an abnormal physiology when it comes to opiates though.

Today was 6 days after my last dose. I took 1125mg of St. John's Worth on a full stomach and 40 minutes later took 3 strips. I started feeling it 20 minutes later and now I'm nicely high. Nothing spectacular but definitely feeling good. I know I should've done it without the SJW first but I've been craving an opiate high for a while now. I'm broke right now and bupe is all I got so I can't take a month+ long break. Once I start working again I will definitely do that though.

Wow, right now its 22 hours later and I'm still somewhat feeling it. That SJW really makes a difference. I can't remember the last time bupe lasted more than 5 hours for me as far as the buzz goes. 🤘