• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine subutex weird experience help

Requiem4adream

Bluelighter
5 years ago I did a 10 day 8mg subs taper through Nhs and it went well. 3 years ago I did a 8 month (starting on 8mg) maintenance/taper privately in London and it went well. Now a month ago I tried a taper using 0.2 mg temgesic but it was awful. My last use of dhc was 33 Hours previous and about 48h previous for loperamide (I take it for ibs most days 16mg). So I know it wasn't precipitated withdrawals. The first day I took 0.2 , waited 30m to check for PW but ok so took 0.2 again, and again... over the course of the day until I reached 3mg. I felt crap, back ache, anxiety, massive headache. (No serious withdrawals though but was still thinking about dosing). The next day I took 6mg but still felt awful as above. I wanted to stabilise at a low dose but it didn't work. I stopped everything for 24h and went back onto dhc which I then felt fine on. Do you know what went wrong? I've been a daily addict 12 years minus a few months here and there. Robert 325 swears by inducting on a low dose but I felt so rough. Could it be cheap generic temgesics that did it? Or the fact I had to take so many as their tiny and it creates a lot of saliva? My unprofessional opinion is that maybe,as buprenorphine is semi agonist or something , by the time it blocked my original opiate receptors there wasn't much left to work on the empty ones. I'm going to be spending a fortune soon on a private 2 week taper and I'm so scared of getting ill miles away from home. Please help.

Either you took it too early or you didnt take quite enough in my opinion. I would start out with atleast 6mg. Also, I found it helps if you dry out your mouth with a paper towel before you put the subutex in. Hope this helps...

My last dose of dhc was 1pm and I didn't take subs till 9 a.m next day so I'm sure it was long enough. Why does Robert 325 state people only need 2-4mg then? I felt really rough.