• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine(Subutex) and THC together

Ilove2nod

Bluelighter
Lately I have began smoking more and more weed, after an extensive break from smoking it... And I must say, it makes my subutex feel, soooo much stonger! Anyone else get what I am saying here? Like for instance, I will now usually smoke a bowl of some good quality bud and then do my subutex (IVed), and I actually feel the effects of the sub, when they start to come on right after the shot! Like, it can be intense feeling!

THC really potentiates bupe in my experiences with the two, I also take klonopin and Adderall daily... But its mainly the bupe that gets much stronger feeling, when done right after smoking herb.. the other 2 drugs, have also been nice with subutex IMO, but nowhere near as noticeable or strong as the effects of THC on subutex.

This synergy I found, too incredible feeling not to share.. and I have done this before, with all ROAs of bupe too... While IV is the strongest of them of course, having a ~100% BA that way(but should be left alone by those who haven't started banging it! DONT start, not a good habit to get into, take it from someone who knows!), it also makes just taking bupe in general, much more noticeable feeling and much less subtle, when it initially comes on and sets in regardless of ROA, but obviously the more efficient ROA you use, the stronger the bupe is going to be, in most cases, except plugging.. which feels almost just like banging it! But, Whether your taking it sublingual, sniffing, plugging or banging it, etc., and smoking weed(before the dose of sub usually for me) with sub, do you find the effects to be much stronger from the bupe? Also, this is my dosing regimen... I do 2mg shots of bupe at a time IV, like every 5 hrs or so, throughout the day.. and take around 4 1mg kpins too also throughout the day, chewed/orally.. 20mg Adderall IR in the am, and no more after that.. and as of lately, one bowl, packed fat of good bud every evening...

I would like to know, to anyone who regularly does combine, bupe and THC.. do you feel like the THC greatly potentiates the bupe? or not so much? does anyone else here also take klonopin, sub, and smoke THC regularly? and whats your ROA with the bupe to those who do? How does this combo make you feel? I am in love with weed again... used to be a huge stoner, as a teen.. stopped, when I became an opioid addict, then after a long hiatus of not smoking very often at all, I am back to smoking bud daily again... absolutely love this feeling it gives with my meds!

Ya when I IV my heroin I wait first to smoke a bowl during withdrawals even , and then shoot up it makes the rush have this extra 20% euphoria on top I'd say . Problem is eventually this will lead to you not feeling your bupe at all until you smoke bud . I've noticed that with every drug I take to 'potentiate' opiates, end up being addicted to them to make the opiate feel normal I gotta take a break from smoking now to even feel it before opiates so take it easy or you'll be buying hash and wax to get high lol

I get what your saying.. I have this weird kind of tolerance when it comes to weed or any form of THC, and always have had it.. like if I just smoke it, once a day, around one bowl worth of some good quality herb, it feels about the same each time... I still feel my bupe, without the weed too, not AS much, but its definitely there..

Its just that one shot I do after smoking a little weed, is incredible.. for bupe! and it was also a great potentiator for other opiates/opioids that are full agonists.. oxy, H, opana, dilaudid.. I used to do all of them too, and with weed, they felt so much stronger.. But, it truly gives the bupe a totally different feeling, as opposed to not smoking herb with it, as if it were a full agonist! I do occasionally smoke wax, oil, hash, etc. too.. they all kind of have a similar effect when I use bupe afterward... Idk, some claim it does nothing for them.. but in my experience with the two, THC(of any form) and buprenorphine are just great together...

I also find myself, craving other drugs a lot less when I use this combo.. With bupe alone, sometimes I still crave full agonist opioids/opiates, but with a little herb, hash, wax, oil or whatever... I could give two shits about using any other drugs like that! THC added to the bupe, really helps if I am craving opis of any kind. I will forget anything else even exists! Weed, or THC in general, has always had a rather strong effect on me, compared to others, I think.. I used to get REALLY high, when I was a teenager and smoked weed.. like REALLY high, like the weed was laced with something... when everyone around me would only get "a buzz" and become a bit more chilled out/relaxed, I would be totally stoned, eyes red as hell.. just out of my mind, everytime I smoked, any kind of weed.. anything, regular, mid grade, or some good "crip" weed! it was the strangest thing... people envied me, wanting this weird tolerance I had/have to weed, like each time I smoked was my first time.. I don't have any idea why i'd be different to others, but I think I am a bit different from the norm., when it comes to how THC affects me.

So, until this does stop working for me, if ever, I will become a daily weed/THC smoker again, and love weed like I used to love it! I also have a lingering, cocaine addiction, which has since smoking herb daily, almost entirely vanished, and the cravings have gone away! Its like with THC and bupe, plus my other meds, I just don't care about that shit... THC is such a great thing, I am so happy for its existence... Just needs to be made recreational EVERYWHERE! not just certain places...:|

You ppl are simply overcomplicating one of the most highly regarded pairings of taking 2 controlled substance types in the same session. It is, very simply: moderate opioid dose taken with a moderate dose of inhaled cannabis. The fact your example was buprenorphine HCl (Subutex®) vs. oxycodone or morphine are just specifics. Anybody who tries a non-nod-out opioid together with a joint would experience the wonderful synergy the two drugs offer the brain when used together. [Since you selected buprenorphine, one would need to assume you were opioid-naive (not tolerant), or the bup would take a heavy-duty left turn on you, precipitating mild opioid withdrawal].
&&

^I'm sorry what??? I'm opiate naïve? nah.. actually, I was about as addicted to opiates as one could be before jumping on subs.. just saying! Why would I be on sub maintenance for any other reason? I was heavily addicted to heroin, oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, and any other opioid/opiate I could shoot up, sniff, smoke, etc.... if it was able to be slammed I would slam it mostly after years of just sniffing/smoking shit, everyday, all day long... I went through said addiction for years, off and on, jumping back on subs.. relapsing.. and the cycle continued, up until maybe 15-16 months ago, when I did my last bag of dope, and said fuck it... hopped back on bupe, and stayed there never returning to dope and full agonist opiates.

So I was just clearing that up... so no one else assumes, I am opiate naïve.. subutex, just has a very nice reaction with weed for me, which is my point and one of the reasons I started this thread, to tell the people out there, who think bupe is boring or whatever, and feel like relapsing on dope to simplyu smoke some form of THC with the bupe, then see how it feels! I still am not entirely sure what you meant in your post lylastar, besides you saying you would assume I am opiate naïve.. Anyways. THC + Buprenorphine(or really any opiate, but in this case.. bupe) is an incredible combo of drugs.. and the fact that weed is harmless, combined with subs, which for the most part, aren't too harmful, unless of course you decide to break the ceiling dose... or abuse it too much, which I do actually do.. wish I hadn't began IV bupe, but it was bound to happen, being an IV addict with a script of bupe, which is very easily able to be shot.. I tried not to, and just took it under my tongue, sniffed, or plugged it for years... then once I slammed some, out of curiousity I couldn't stop, and go back to other ROAs, never recommend it to anyone, to ever slam their bupe..

Anyways... yeah.. Weed or THC in general smoked before taking subs... makes my normal 2mg shot of subutex, feel much more akin to a shot of dope(or something full agonist) than what it actually is... it is amazing to me.. and THC is the safest substance to use to make the bupe stronger, than it normally would be.. ime.

Sorry there, Ilove2nod (btw, just for curiosity sake, opioids, like for you, are my very fav. drugs, and like you the combo of those + cannabis is a total classic; but pray tell why do ya love to nod: that's being so far under that you are borderline drifting off, and when one is so close to being asleep, at least for me, the time just zips by, and I am not aware enough of myself to SAVOR the opiate high that got me there...basic moral applies tho: everyone has diff. tastes in things!), I, from what you wrote, did not assume you were opiate-naive or not. But in order to include bupe. in the general statement that it, like all other opioids, gets you "quite adequately narcotized" to partake of the fantastic combo of it plus cannabis, I had to except myself from the one scenario wherein bupe. does NOT behave like an adequate opioid: i.e. if you are pre-tolerant to the regular set of pure mu-receptor agonist opioids. So the naive sentence was me covering my ass. To you one specific warning does however come into play: partaking of the classic combo with cannabis leaves you with a cann.-positive urinalysis, and often on a weekly basis they do test urines among those prescribed bupe. So be careful..

Oh ok sorry I got the wrong impression, and got rather defensive.. I tend to get a bit worked up over little shit lol..

And yes, THC does stay in ones system for quite some time, so it could prove to be an issue, with those on maintenance at a place that doesn't want you to have it in your system, THC. However, my doctor doesn't even care! I have come up THC positive many times on my random, actually VERY random UAs at my doctor office. Like once every 9 months to a year... its like that where I go.. once you establish trust with the doctor, some care about it some don't.. mine doesn't mind if I smoke weed, but if I come up for opiates, oxy, coke, anything that could be bad for me... they do get pissed, and make me come back early and pay more next visit, then keep giving me UAs each time, until I pass.. So I have learned now, just to take my prescribed meds, and smoke weed.. that's pretty much it..

About loving to nod out.. I don't what it is about that feeling, of nothingness, but I really really do enjoy, that "sleeping awake" feeling I get... with even something like bupe/THC combined, with klonopin as well, I can really get to that point! I mean REALLY nod out... And when I did full agonists like H or oxy for instance, I loved it then too... that was pretty much the goal of me using those drugs, to get wrecked enough, to be nodding off.. if I wasn't nodding, I wasn't as faded as I wanted to be.. that pretty much sums it up for me! I cant be the only one who likes to get their nod on! am I? :|