• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Subcutaneous Injection

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
I take the Buprenorphine monthly injection (64mg bupe) and for the most part it's really good. It's way more convenient than daily dosing at the pharmacy, plus I can't abuse it like I do my takeaway doses normally.

The one problem I'm currently having is that it's caused me to back up something ridiculous. Like, I cannot shit to save my life. It's fucked, and it's not getting any better the longer I stay on the medication, it's getting worse.

Is there actually anything I can do about this? Do I need to ask them to be putting me on a longer break between doses or something to give my body some time to relax? I just know I need to shit eventually cause we all do. And I'm going to be on this medication for the next 2-5 years so I gotta figure something out eventually otherwise I'm going to be perpetually constipated.

Any advice?

Can't imagine the cramps you must have from not being able to go. Ex-lax and stool softeners don't work?

How long has it been since you've had a healthy BM?

Can't imagine the cramps you must have from not being able to go. Ex-lax and stool softeners don't work?

How long has it been since you've had a healthy BM?
Normally I take Coloxyl most days and that helps a bit.

I'd say at this stage I'd be guessing several weeks at the minimum. Once I pushed back my injection because I got to the day before the shot and I still couldn't shit and didn't think that was safe. I'm very tempted to call up tomorrow and ask to shift it to early next week if I can, because I'm not feeling much better about it this week.