• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine ROA half life opionions

123bupe123

Greenlighter
Ive been on subs for about 8 months, suboxone for about 4 and subutex or just regular bupe for 4. Im on 16mgs/day. I went with just using it sublingually to intranasally to IV. Ive been researching the differences in the half lifes based on the ROA. There are conflicting reports on the IV half life as one lists it as around 2 hrs while another sites it at around 24 hrs. In my experience it definitely wears off fast. It feels like a decent shot lasts around 6-8 hrs before its noticably worn off. Im wondering about what you guys think and feel like intranasal use lasts and the half life on it compared to the 37hr halflife sublingually. I read a study that puts the Tmax (time to peak or time to max concentration) as 35 minutes and the half life at about 29 hours for intranasal bupe. Do you guys feel like thats the case? Sublingual's Tmax ranges from 45 mins to 2.5 hours
with the average (mean) half life of 37 hrs. Then bioavailability IV is 100%, intranasal around 44%, and sublingual
around 30ish%. Based on all this and experience, can anyone give me some of your opinions and experiences with the different ROA's and their half lives or to be more subjective, how long they actually last for you. Thanks.

Also, Ive been IVing 16 mgs/day for months but now I have only eight 8mg pills left and have to last 2 WEEKS. I know im gonna withdrawal to an extent no matter what but im wondering how to make these last best and stretch me as far far as I can keeping withdrawal down best I can. What ROA should I go with and dose per day considering how long each route lasts and how bioavailable they are. Any ideas? I could use one a day but IV with how fast it wears off? Maybe intranasal or does it wear off just as fast? And sublingual lasts but will it even kick in at all after doing 8-12mg shots? Any ideas?

in regards to the BA, i think sublingual is about 50%, snorting 70% and IV 100%. i've never pined my subs but i know that snorting them makes them kick in really quickly
sorry to hear you're gonna run out, what i would do is a taper. so split one pill in half and take that for the day, split the half in half again and take that for day 2, and just kind of repeat this until you run out - adjusting as you see fit but remember you are gonna feel a bit crappy, its just about keeping the wolf from the door rather than total comfort. as long as you can sleep and your not being horribly sick then keep it at that level.
but yeah for a slightly higher BA then yuou gotta IV it, bit there's tons of risks involved so just stick to intranasal.

honestly, if i were you i'd take this as an opportunity to permanently reduce your bupe dose and maybe in a month or so to work towards coming off. you haven;'t been on subs for so long that the withdrawals will be too bad so maybe try and worm your way off whilst you can cause once you're totally dependent on high dose buprenorphine withdrawing can be even worse than heroin

Last edited: