• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buprenorphine - Possibly the MOST Euphoric of all opiates?

was not able to get "high" off subuxone with sublingual dosages.. maybe a sleepy tired buzz, but not very enjoyable. have not tried ROA via IV. Can you IV the strips or only the pills?

Had my first bupe (patch) yesterday and so far feels alright. Feeling good about stuff again. Confident, positive. It just keeps rising too. No idea where this ceiling is but happy it’s this good so far. But all our brains are different, like, weed just makes me paranoid.

Gotta say though the best one I had was on tramadol. A single 200mg dose and I couldn’t sleep that night because I was too happy. Changed my life that. It was years ago and I stopped taking all meds except a 200mg dose once a week. And a bit of wine each evening.

Bup is actually more euphoric at 2mg and lower doses as the norbup metabolite activates the mu receptor more than bup does but it has a lower binding affinity than bup. Once you take a whole 8mg or more the bup overwhelms all the receptors and doesn't let any norbup get in there. If i take a whole 8mg subutex the buzz is pretty crap. I have found the optimum dose to be about 1.25-1.50mg and I get that nice warm opiate feeling. Bup is the exception to the rule where more is actually less and less is actually more. AT least this is my experience with it.

This sub doctor in my area actually pushes people to go with 3x 8mg strips because he wants to be sure the sub is blocking everything. He actually gets suspicious of people that want lower doses how crazy is that?
Definitely! I find my pain management doc calling me every day or 2nd day since he put me on suboxone, wondering if he can increase the dosage for me. I'm a recovering alcoholic, so of course he assumes I'm a drug addict also. Gawd these guys. He started me on 2 mg x 2/day. I haven't been using that much. I snap the sublingual tabs in half instead. I don't tell him that, and now he is just confused why I don't want an increase. Half a 2 mg takes care of my chronic pain pretty good. I love Kratom and have left over percs (before doc transferred me to suboxone). I want to be able to use them once in a while. These docs think they are so sneaky. LOL They just don't give us any credit at all.

Had my first bupe (patch) yesterday and so far feels alright. Feeling good about stuff again. Confident, positive. It just keeps rising too. No idea where this ceiling is but happy it’s this good so far. But all our brains are different, like, weed just makes me paranoid.

Gotta say though the best one I had was on tramadol. A single 200mg dose and I couldn’t sleep that night because I was too happy. Changed my life that. It was years ago and I stopped taking all meds except a 200mg dose once a week. And a bit of wine each evening.
I definitely hear ya there. I was on Cipralex for 12 years. Friggin SSRI's are so dam addicting physically and mentally. The first time I tried a perc, I was finally happy and content for the first time in 20 years. And I didn't have to take 4/day to stay that way. I find now, as long as I have a little of some type of opiod in my system, I am content and good. Even on cipralex, I never wanted to get out of bed, socialize, go to work, or have anything to do with anything or anyone. Now....I do all of that! I'm now on suboxone, and feel pretty content and mentally stable. Opioids gave life back to me.

Just a quick yeah I think it is possibly the "best" if there is such a thing.
opiates/oids.
Ed:
Well the "safest" as far as knock offs... for now at least. Sad.

Last edited:
Probably been said, but at first yeah at lower doses I imagine that it would produce some euphoria, but maybe hard to tell the difference between that and not needing to score all the time. Never really liked it, imo.

Propability of this possibility is zero.
Buprenorphine may hit hard like the left hook but Its sedation one feels, not euphoria.

Except the energetic response for a short while for some of us..now I'm thinking about taking some man.. since hydros aren't having any effect on me for 3 months I'm wondering if my tolerance is to blame since most say blocking doesn't last for 3 months I think anyways idk.

Bupe is a powerful recreational opioid.

Better than methadone if you have low tolerance.

I smile when ppl call it an opiate blocker . Nah it’s a straight up opioid.

IV dilauded shits on bupe though

Wondering if ima get a massive headache or should I just keep feeling awful for a week or two until someone has tabs. Btw still don't get any feeling from tabs.