• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Buprenorphine patches used orally. Are they tasteless?

soulwentmia

Bluelighter
Hello I have a transtec patch with 20mg of bupe. I've cut the patch and took approx 2.5mg sublingually. It has absolutely no taste at all, is it possible to be bunk? I have taken suboxone before and it has a foul taste. My patch came sealed in its original packaging but the vendor had only positive reviews yet none on this specific product. Has anyone used bupe patches orally? Does it have a taste?

Ifn it's the transdermal patches they're more likely to be tasteless. It would be dangerous to assume theyr bunk for sure.
The patches/tablets designed for sublingual use are normally flavoured with lemon or lime or orange! They will have a lot more of a taste, but please don't get reckless thinking the transdermal patches are bunk as they're made for applying to areas with no taste buds.
Be careful my amigo/a x

Ifn it's the transdermal patches they're more likely to be tasteless. It would be dangerous to assume theyr bunk for sure.
The patches/tablets designed for sublingual use are normally flavoured with lemon or lime or orange! They will have a lot more of a taste, but please don't get reckless thinking the transdermal patches are bunk as they're made for applying to areas with no taste buds.
Be careful my amigo/a x
Thank you for your reply! But if a substance in its basic form is bitter, why would a different vector of administration remove its taste? I cut it in 16 parts, theoretically 1.25mg each but as i peeled half of the original patch i realised that not the whole patch has the active area if this makes sense. Idk how to explain it but there's a square with the supposedly active ingredient in the patch. As per de manufacturer notes, the active area is 25cm2 so i butchered the patch and probably not every little piece is 1.25mg. I slapped the remaining parts on my body and I'll wait. I'll try dosing sublingually again at home.