• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine patches,I dont know what to do with these at all...

xfrostbyte

Greenlighter
So i just got my hands on a couple of Transtec 70 µg/h, 40 mg buprenorphinum patches
now what is the best way to get a recreational high from these? Keep in mind that i'm a relatively new user of opiates and dont really have a tolerance.

Thanks in advance! :)

Without a tolerance you should be pretty careful with these and definitely not take more than ~0,5 mg, best dose IMO would be 0,2-0,4mg and even that could make you nauseaus and be too much.

I had the Norspan patches once and calculated the amount/cm² before drawing a grid on them dividing it in cm² pieces. Then I used the little pieces sublingually. Back then I had only a low tolerance and 0,5mg was enough for a long lasting high.

But since yours contain 40(!)mg of Buprenorphine, which is a lot, I recommend not to use them at all and trade for or get some Hydrocodone/Codeine instead.

Even if you can divide them accordingly you have a lot of doses, enough to get addicted which happened to me ;)

Welcome to Bluelight btw.

Makes me feel stupid having to take 8 mg a day. When people can get sick with microgram doses...

Mad dash... I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I have a question that I'm hoping you can assist me with...

When I tried getting off methadone with these (Transtec 40mg patches), I ended up taking 20mg sublingually, imagine that, I had pieces of the patch everywhere in my mouth under my tongue and on my gums. It takes ages to absorb this way and it's not efficient at all. I can imagine 20mg taken that way could be an equivalent to one 8mg Suboxone pill. If I were to use these again, I would simply cut a piece that I'd be interested in (perhaps even start with 0.25mg if you're opioid-naive) and put it into slightly acidic solution (citric acid should be fine) to turn buprenorphine freebase into the citrate, some heat may be needed, you will know when the adhesive layer is off the foil. Alcoholic solution will work even better in extracting buprenorphine from the patch and if you're not interested in putting alcoholic solution under your tongue, you can then boil off most of alcohol.

BTW, don't treat buprenorphine as a weaker alternative to opioids such as oxycodone or morphine. Back in the days I read about many people getting addicted to bupe here in Poland.

Bupe is a partial agonist opioid, it's like heroin without the euphoria so generally opiate naive people just get sick from it. You'd have to take about 1/64th .66mg, not exceeding 1/32nd or 1.25mg of the patch for a lousy intoxication.

That's not true at all. Buprenorphine can be quite euphoric for people who are opioid-naive or have low tolerance, well, it can even be somewhat euphoric for people with tolerance. I've been on Suboxone for almost 3 years now and when my dose is low enough for a week or so, I can feel pleasurable opioid effects again. It doesn't really matter that buprenorphine is a partial agonist, there are actually few full agonists, many compounds classified as full agonists are in fact partial agonists with relatively high efficacy. Full agonist opioids vary in intrinsic activity too, e.g. levorphanol has a higher efficacy than morphine. Opioid-naive people usually get sick from any opioid at the beginning if they take too much. People who haven't developed tolerance to strong opioids such as heroin can even nod out for hours on buprenorphine.

Mad dash... I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I have a question that I'm hoping you can assist me with...

Try again, I guess I never emptied it in the 10 years I have been a member here. lol

So putting 0.3-0.4 mg worth of Buprenorphine under my tongue (in patch form) and letting it sit there for lets say 15-30 minutes wont give me any nice/euphoric effects? Guess i'll just try it and see what happens, worst case scenario from this dose i'll puke my guts out and smoke some mj to relieve the symptoms :\

Last edited:
Honestly speaking with such a small dose and no tolerance at all I don't think it makes sense to extract it from the patch, so you can just put a piece of the patch under your tongue and 0.5mg should be enough for you, I doubt any more than 0.15-0.2mg will be absorbed anyway and it shouldn't be too high a dose.

Ok thanks alot! The patch has been sitting under my tongue for a good 10 minutes now and no effects as of yet! :)
edit: a slight tingling sensation is felt in my hands.

Buprenorphine from Suboxone/Subutex pills takes at least good 30 minutes before opioid effects become apparent. I would say don't re-dose earlier than an hour after your first dose. With patches taken sublingually absorption is quite retarded.

How long should i keep this patch under my tongue? i'm thinking an hour+- ,i've searched but didn't find anything about it.
Not feeling alot as of yet aside from a slight tingling sensation in my hands but i'm patient ;)
edit: I can feel the effects rising a little,music is sounding better,this little smile i cant get off.. i'll keep this updated! :D
edit2: 2hours in,actually not feeling alot and planning to redose in abit.

Feeling relaxed and just a sense of wellbeing, no intens euphoria just a nice buzz.

Last edited: