• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buprenorphine Opioid Blocking

BlueStar13

Greenlighter
Hey y'all,

I was hoping to get some insight into how long low (0.5 mg) doses of buprenorphine will block other opioids for. The bupe was used as a single dose for recreation, not as part of some maintenance protocol. I was planning on IV'ing 15 mg (a moderate dose for me) of morphine 24 hours after dosing the bupe. So, should I wait a little longer, or will 24 hrs be enough?

Thanks

I took 0.5mg of bupe and used H 24h hours later and it worked fine. That's quite a low dose of morphine though, I'm not sure if that would make a difference

Honestly I do not know. Let us know I guess .

My gut says that the .5 mg bupe is not enough to block. But with a very small tolerance maybe it is enough to block out your receptors. Bupe is such a weird substance nothing about it surprises me anymore. After years of use I am still experimenting from time to time and gaining New insights.

zebedee79
Glad to hear that 24h was enough, thanks for the info dude. For what its worth, my opioid tolerance is pretty low and 15 mgs IV'd gets me to a good place so that's why the dose of morphine is on the low end.

Agoraphobiaphile
I definitely will. If worse comes to worst i can always try 15 more mg's.

I would sniff a ml of subby, & 3 hours later after my second bag I was feeling the h, maybe your different , but people I know on "maintenance" who chop and change say on "days off" they use bupe, I have done the same but without benzos , I still don't feel normal, unless I take subs for a while & I carry on using benzos, still am even on meth, but i feel i wouldn't need as much benzo, if a didn't have the benzo addiction

It's dose dependent and will vary between different people. The more bupe you have in your system, the more it will block the effects of other opioids. IMO you could take a sort of test dose and if it doesn't work, you can wait longer before taking a full dose.

you can still get high over 1-2mg with only slightly diminished effects. its only at >2mg that it really starts having a blocking effect. if you're taking more than 2mg, you need to make sure your dose gets down to 2mg or less every 24 hours for at least 72 hours to not get severely diminished effects.

Everyone is different, I have done 6-8mgs at 8 am and got high at 6 pm, then I had another time where I took 8 mg at like 9-10 am and could barley get high, if high at all during 6-8pm that same day, but .5mg of bupe and ur waiting 24 hours obviously with no big background with opiates, you should be good to go, but that's not a "fact" just IMO

I have read that usually doses under 2mg doesn't block strong opiates morphine,oxy,heroin..., Also i read that under 1mg acts as a hav agonist not a antagonist it may even potentiate the drug you're taking on top.
I dont have the sources do a google search .., I was using 2-8mg on days i DIDNT have morphine BAD IDEA at first 2mg would do me all day and then when I HAD The morphine I be smashed but then the tolerance happened, and I was suffering after taking around 2mg so had to bump up to 4mg then to 8 very quickly, I THEN swiched back to my mscontin normally 60mg twice a day and then had a day were I took 3 days worth in one day as I get 2-3day scripts, and only needed around 5mg for the whole day, just under half a 8mg pill in morning and then a tiny bit at night for a booster as the analgesia lasts 12hours but does stay in system most people 37hours but some 24.