• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe buprenorphine in clinical trial

tombenn

Greenlighter
Hi. Bit of a random one, but basically I am considering signing up for a clinical trial that involves being dosed with buprenorphine and narolex. The trial involves receiving 100mg of narolex the day before dosing, which is an IV dose of buprenorphine, and then 50 mg of narolex for the best 3 days. I don't actually know the exact dose of buprenorphine atm (I will find out soon) so I guess this could make my question a bit difficult to answer, but basically I was wondering what level of side effects to expect from this? Obviously I know the narolex is designed to block the action of opoids, but should I still expect significant side effects from buprenorphine, ie nausea, as well as perhaps from the narolex itself? I have never used opoids before, so will have no form of tolerance. Also I understand this drugs are not to be messed around, am I only considering signing up because I am in a slightly desperate situation financially.
Thanks very much.

Hi. Bit of a random one, but basically I am considering signing up for a clinical trial that involves being dosed with buprenorphine and narolex. The trial involves receiving 100mg of narolex the day before dosing, which is an IV dose of buprenorphine, and then 50 mg of narolex for the best 3 days. I don't actually know the exact dose of buprenorphine atm (I will find out soon) so I guess this could make my question a bit difficult to answer, but basically I was wondering what level of side effects to expect from this? Obviously I know the narolex is designed to block the action of opoids, but should I still expect significant side effects from buprenorphine, ie nausea, as well as perhaps from the narolex itself? I have never used opoids before, so will have no form of tolerance. Also I understand this drugs are not to be messed around, am I only considering signing up because I am in a slightly desperate situation financially.
Thanks very much.
sorry I meant nalorex (active ingredient naltrexone)

I doubt you'll get PWD if the antagonist rips off bupe unless you're currently dependant on opiods.... Should do it. Sounds like they want to find something to replace the narcan in suboxone.... Curious when the patent control on Suboxone runs out...

Edit : you're actually probably a choice candidate to your lack of opiate use. I'm sure they have meds to counteract side effects if they occur and become serious.... It is done under controlled conditions so I assume it's a medical facility probably private. I'm sure they will control the dose and keep it low.

The reason you hear not to mess with bupe is because most people wanting to get high don't believe it can be very potent even if it's not strong and can't believe less than a mg can be just as potent as a higher dose while due metabolites less ends up being more is the belief. I'm sure they will use a minuscule amount as it's a medical facility with the ability to measure small amounts and throw away any unused stuff that's out of the original container.

So go gets that dough

Last edited: