• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buprenorphine + Hydroxyzine: The new heroin substitute?

Its Called Atarax and GREATLY HELPS WITH VOMITING, I used to have to go GET IM (Intramuscular) SHOTS ALL OF THE TIME..............

I didn't read your post on this. I don't go looking for you, unlike you to me.

I generally read every post in the thread. Is that why almost every time you post it makes no sense and isn't relevant at all? Go slit kkthxbye.

but if there was a drastic change in the price of oxycodone or production of them, or by fluke legalization...

Actually my argument that if there was a drastic change in the price of oxycodone, or any drug, there WOULDNT be a big change in regards to the quantity demanded of heroin. I was saying that oxycodone, among other drugs, are not found to be substitutes at all. The study I linked also supports this claim.

This is called the "Cross-Price Elasticity", what a 1% change in PRICEx will do to the QUANTITYy. Heroin has no substitutes, which is supported in the findings that the CPE of heroin to many other drugs is either:

A) Extremely low, aka statistically carries no relationship
B) Negative, meaning there is a complementary relationship to some degree

man i dont see bupe giving me any good affects ,last time i shot it i felt nothing ,cept i could NOT sleep for 2 days sucked balls

Chemethist said:
Some opiates are not as stong as others. But there are certain anti-histamines that can GREATLY increase the euphoria and opiate effects of certain opoids.

Back in the day Pentazocine (a synthetikal opoid analgesic) was used in combination with the anti-histamine Tripelennamine to produce a euphoric sensation compared to heroin.

Well after that, Tripelennamine was taken off the market and Pentazocine was combine with nalaxone, and this pretty much took away the abuse..

But now apparently there is a new combination that works just as great, maybe even better... Both can be found if you know where to look...

Buprenorphine (which is a very potent analgesic) can be found in injectable preperations and in pill form, either with or without nalaxone.

From what swim hears Hydroxyzine (anti-histamine) which if you look on wikipedia clearly states that it is very good at boosting narcotic opiates. Anyways swim hears that 50mg of this along with a 200-400 micrograms of Buprenorphine will give a GREAT powerful opiate effect.

200-400 mcg? So what would 8mgs do? I can't find less than 2 mg anywhere.

center said:
Why, if you're on an opiate treatment are you trying to potentiate it? I thought the idea was to get you away from the 'necessary' evil that becomes a daily chore if you're addicted?

Isn't trying to potentiate buprenorphine when you're attempting to quit...like trying to scrape your skin and then put a nicotine patch on?

You're using Buprenorphine in order to stop using illegal drugs and replace it with a legal one.
When you're on Bupe, you're in a much better situation because you don't have to worry about scoring, not getting your dope, using illegal drugs, etc...
That's what bupe is for.

That doesn't mean that you should stop wanting to get high when you're on Bupe.
I want to stay on Bupe, cause I don't want to be illegal and want a regular supply of Opiates, but I still want to get high, so I potentiate it.

mikemikemike said:
200-400 mcg? So what would 8mgs do? I can't find less than 2 mg anywhere.

Suboxone/Subutex which come in 2mg or 8mg are for addicts, people who have a high tolerance.
Buprenorphine for pain (for people with no tolerance) come in 200 mcg pills and 300 mcg/ml ampoules, and that's even too much for people with no toelrance at all.

Bupe is extremely potent.
100mcg IV will get an opiate-naive person quite high.

thugpassion said:
Buprenorphine is never coming close to good Heroin, nomatter what you take with it.
a huge ass phat dose of Poppy Pod Tea? 8) ...and say 8mg klonopin?

why you felt like raising this one from the dead for that, I dunno.

Anyway, the buprenorphine would obviously cover any dose of PPT, so all that matters is the clonazepam.

8mg would put most people to sleep. With bupe, possibly forever.

I take 12mg of bupe a day( 1 and a half 8mg bupes.)
Iv been taking this for about a month. I dont even get a buzz.
I want to catch atleast one more nod in my life! is this possible on bupe? someone help me out here

Ham-milton said:
why you felt like raising this one from the dead for that, I dunno.

Anyway, the buprenorphine would obviously cover any dose of PPT, so all that matters is the clonazepam.

8mg would put most people to sleep. With bupe, possibly forever.

Um...because I'm right? ...and you're wrong about bupe "obviously covering any dose of PPT"..FAR from it. I've been taking 8mg of suboxone a day for almost 2 years now, along with 8mg clonazepam and, and can very easily say that even poppy SEED tea will fuck me the hell up even if I don't stop dosing with the suboxone. Sure, the high is diminished...perhaps VERY, compaired to what it would be, but no, "so all that matters is the clonazepam" is far from being a true statement. I get VERY VERY high (with the right dose) of PST...and don't even get me started about PPT....that'll blow me away. I almost prefer PPT and PST over heroin and other "stronger" opiates/iods (stronger by weight that is...and that doesn't mean shit in my book...it's all about the end effects...not how little you have to take to get high)<<<of course though for some drugs, the amount of what you have to take could become so absurdly high that it would turn out to not even be worth it.
Maybe you're partially right...i don't know. But if you're speaking from experience, you obviously didn't dose high enough with the tea...or your body chemistry just "wont let it happen"...for example, 8mg of clonazepam was never "enough to put down a horse" for me personally...even before I got it scripted and would just randomly abuse various benzos (primarily diazepam, alprazolam, and clonazepam), never using any benzo long enough to develop too much of a tolerance, if any (at times of course I had a massive tolerance, but most of the time during any given year, during the years I abused benzos, I definately did not have a tolerance). Honestly I think I UNFORTUNATELY (and then again fortunately, otherwise i'd be dead for sure from past incidents...then again, maybe i would of never gotten into those situations if I had a naturally low),...unfortunately have a VERY high NATURAL tolerance to "downers" in general...but it's really strange...(well, if you where a very knowledgable chemist/knowledge of human anatomy/how drugs affect people/etc., then I presume it wouldn't be strange at all), , how with narcotics (aka "opiates/oids"), i've always seemed to be able to "get off"(high) off MUCH MUCH lower doses compaired to the absurdly high doses of benzos and other downers...and then compairing THAT to how high/low the doses were/are for other people that use opiates and benzos. My case is definately more of a rarity...a rarity that sucks balls. When I was on methadone, I was on 265mg a day (for a few months 275mg) along with 16mg of clonazepam a day. My thought processes weren't really slowed down that much at all. People couldn't even tell that much of a difference when I switched over to 8mg of suboxone and 8mg of the clonaz. Anyways....

To the OP, to answer your question....
I've been scripted Vistaril for a few years. I used to take it daily with my suboxone...or maybe every other day..now I just take it PRN...but when I would take it with suboxone, I never noticed a better "high" then what suboxone gives me alone. I haven't gotten a refill/had any Vistaril(hydroxyzine) for months...I wouldn't mind getting my "PRN" ativan refilled too. I'll try this out (actually staying "in tune" and seeing if I notice any real difference) once I get my shit refilled. Oh, the different thing is, unlike JCrest, I have never IV'd this combo...not even suboxone on it's own...nor do I ever intend to...so perhaps that may explain the difference? Then again don't forget about how uncannyly fucked up my body's "drug regulatory system" works. :\

me gets 100mg hydroxyzine per day... sometimes i shoot w/ promethazine and loprazolam (when i got some)... otherwise taking 3 or 4 of them so they kick in at the same time as MMT will get me nodding....

center said:
Well...that's not good. None of it's good.

I just can't believe how tragic it can get.

I am with you here. I don't know why everyone blows you so much shit for stating the obvious!

If you are shooting your bupe, then you are still using. It doesn't matter if it's legitimately prescribed. I also think that it's tragic how Suboxone is being used. It gives opiate replacement therapy a bad name.

Also, I disagree with the comment that Center's view are inconsistent with Bluelight's purpose. PLENTY of us visit this site to learn how to beat our drug problem.

v4lium said:
The only thing close to heroin is ketobemidone.

Errr... dipipanone?

Oh, and I know people who have been using opiates since the 70s. They all agreed that cyclizine was the best antihistamine to boos opiates. And so, cyclazine containing drugs were outlawed from counter-sales at phamracies. I remember a legal case a few years ago in which a UK pharmacist lost his job/business/home after it was revealed that he had sold some 6000 tablets of cyclazine to junkies.
There are still pockets of cyclazine abuse in the UK. No rhyme or reason why, but certain towns still have big problems.

Warning, Boring.

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
Did anyone understand what I said in my post in regards to cross-price elasticity and whatnot? If people don't understand those concepts maybe I'll be a little more rudimentary in my posts ;/

I do think it's interesting though, any economists out there, and what's your take on heroin and it's possible substitutes?

Stay with me here because my grasp of this concept is shaky at best. (EC101 only)

Wouldn't heroin become more/completely elastic with the introduction of acceptable substitute goods. i.e. Right now heroin is VERY/COMPLETELY inelastic because all the substitute goods are either, a. inferior, b. FAR more scarce, c. FAR more expensive.

Now, for example, say a giant clandestine oxymorphone lab begins to pump oxyM into our country at a tremendous rate. Every corner you go to, bag of H 10 dollars, 40 mg Hydromorphone 5 dollars. Wouldn't heroin now be VERY elastic....perhaps even an inferior good. (to those who prefer oxyM).

See I disagree because with the diabetes and insulin example. There are NO better / even close alternatives....an opiate attic can cure W/D with ANY opiate, any opiate is an acceptable substitute good at this point. Say Im dopesick and my H dealer says "fuck you, I know you need this bag, $50" I'm goin in search of other opiates.

center said:
OK. I don't me to be a son of a bitch. I'm sick of asking this question without a straight answer:

Why, if you're on an opiate treatment are you trying to potentiate it? I thought the idea was to get you away from the 'necessary' evil that becomes a daily chore if you're addicted?

Isn't trying to potentiate buprenorphine when you're attempting to quit...like trying to scrape your skin and then put a nicotine patch on?

It doesn't really sound all that helpful.

Then again, I wouldn't know. So chea.

Wouldn't be surprised if many peeps in bup treatement are there primarily to obtain buprenorphine as a drug of abuse. Surely, you can grasp the concept.

im on suboxone, clonidine, and i occasionally take 50mg of benadryl and that produces a good nod sometimes, if you don't have any tolerance to benadryl. i have to take breaks from benadryl sometimes to lower my tolerance. i have tried many anti-histamines and benadryl seems to work best with opiates, not sure if ive mixed opiates with hydroxyzine. if u cant get hydroxyzine, wiki says that dramamine II and other OTC drugs have very similar effects to hydroxyzine.
I’ve been given hydroxyzine while on suboxone (still on bupe and still have the hydrox) I never have had anything I’d call euphoria from bupe but I had an opioid tolerance when I started (been on it for 8years) hydrox just made me sleepy. Antihistamines mixed with hydrocodone was my first intro to opiates around 12yo I was given Pancof HC in the 90’s (pseudoephedrine and hydro) mom gave me a dose and WOW!! It was off to the races.