• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine ??! Help!!

PandaVii

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, Yesterday I started going to the local methadone clinic to try to get off of opiates. They started me off on 4 mgs of buprenorphine or subutex. I was so sick yesterday I literally puked all day long and ontop of that I kept nodding off and couldn't keep my eyes open. I called them and told them I wasn't feeling well and they basically brushed it off. When I went in today I asked if I could be put on a lower dose to start out and they told me that would have to be approved by the doctor and he wasn't in today. So I was given the same dose again today and I literally cannot keep my eyes open at all, I'm not as nauseous but I'm very concerned about how sedated i am. I was never even this tired when I was on opiates. So long story short I just want to know if anyone has taken this before and if this is normal? And what other side effects should I be expecting?? Since my methadone clinic won't listen to me or give advice I know my bluelight family will. Any information is helpful.
Thanks
Panda Bear

that's a pretty typical side effect a lot of people new to subs have to suffer through, yeah just lower your dose.
never happened to me but then again i did start ona sensibly small dose so.... can you just halve what they give you?

They watch me desolve them under my tongue before I can leave, and I can be put on a smaller dose but the doctor has to approve first and she is only in the clinic like two days a week, and won't be back in until next Tuesday. It's really freaking stupid, but yes as soon as I can get on a smaller dose I definitely will. Thank you so much for letting me know that's usually normal, it makes me feel a lot better. ^.^

if your switching from opiates to subutex its going to send you into withdrawals, lowering the dose isnt going to help

i know, I'm aware it will send me into withdrawls. It's the sedation I'm worried about

Buprenorphine is a pretty strong semi-synthetic opioid and even small amounts of it like what they have you taking can affect people in a big way. Keep asking to have the dose taken down.

When I first started taking buprenorphine without a tolerance it had me f***** up all day constantly nauseous itching to the point where I was bleeding after about a week it's subsided, and to be honest I wish I could feel like that again right now LOL

I don't know what area you are from Op, but in New York state they just give you a prescription that you fill at the pharmacy and give you a month's worth to take home

I'm in Colorado, with this treatment they watch you take it and if you pee clean for 90 days they give you a lock box with two take home doses, and after another 90 days they give you another two take home doses. You have to be in the program for like a year with clean UA and you have to attend all the meetings before they give you a script for it. But I'm on my third day and every time it hits me I am fuuuuuucked up. And not in a pleasant way, I have real bad anxiety so I'm scared I'm gonna have a stroke or something just from freaking myself out. Like LesFleursDuMal said I'm itching like crazy I get light headed and dizzy I can't focus my eyes on anything and I nod off all day long. I have three kids and I started this program to better myself not so i could be worse and unreliable while at home alone with them. Has anyone tried to quit this cold turkey? I was going through narcotic withdrawal and have only been on subutex for theee days, if I quit everything now how do you guys think it would affect me? Mentally and physically

so what if they watch you - break the tablet in half, give them half back and then tale the rest?

I woul just let a little dissolve then say to them you're think you're gonna puke if they send you to the toilet just spit it out or if they give you a trash to throw up in, start pretending to gag and let it fall out. How well do they watch you! Do they make you stand in front of the methadone window or let everyone sit in an area waiting for them to dissolve? If they don't keep a close eye, it wouldn't be hard to get it out of your mouth...but if they watch closely, I think you should tell them you're about to be sick...

You can't break the tablets in half you have to pour them straight from the cup into your mouth, you can't touch them with your hands and you have to stand in front of the window then show the nurse the bottom of your tongue when they are gone. I basically called them today and told them if they don't cut my dose in half that I won't come back, so they are gonna cut my dose to 2mgs starting tomorrow. But I may have to go to the hospital today because as soon as I got home and it kicked in I passed out and my oldest son said it took him a minute to wake me up.

You can't break the tablets in half you have to pour them straight from the cup into your mouth, you can't touch them with your hands ...

that is so fucked up!? when i was on supervised pick-ups they at least let me handle it myself... wtf lol

We have a really bad drug problem In my town. It was second highest in the US for heroin and meth abuse, so our drug treatment programs are ultra supervised because people were shooting up their methadone and subs

fair enough, but still, so fucked up lol especially since they're essentially overdosing you and you've mentioned that to them. all sounds so dytopian..

Yeah no joke right, Iv brought it up every day since my very first dose and they wouldn't agree to cut my dose in half until I threatened to call an ambulance. Then all of a sudden they were like oh well we just got approval from the doctor to cut your dose. Mmmhmmm

I got put on 2 mgs but it didn't help my cravings, even though I wasn't sick I was so dead tired all day long. Ontop of that I have sever stomach issues and I feel the burp is making it so much worse . It really sucks, I should have just withdrawled on my own, now I'm addicted to something else I feel is worse for me and I have to withdrawal from it at some point too

true but if you slowly taper from bupe, it won't be nearly as bad. have you considered kratom?