• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe buprenorphine, can't piss?

headfuck123

Bluelighter
I understand opiates can cause urinary retention but is it normal to be completely unable to piss from 2mg of bupe (low tolerance) ?

I Had an important event to attend and had to opt for using a catheter for the first time ever before I left the house and had to leave the event early as I literally couldn't pee even though I was bursting to go.

Ironically once I got home I no longer needed to use a catheter so i'm guessing its equally a psychological thing as it is a physical symptom. I do seem to have a "shy" bladder when it comes to using public toilets but never to this degree, especially in the comfort of my own home.

Yes that is normal. I have a pretty high tolerance and still can't piss to save my life sometimes..

I'm sorry you have this problem, it is very uncomfortable. Maybe try and piss before you take the bupe? Thats the only thing that ever helped me at all.

Lol, yeah it's fucked and I get it with oxycodone especially. When I was taking Endep and Lyrica on top of the opiate it was virtually impossible, endep was used to prevent bed wetting in kids - poor lil buggers getting put on that shit probably messed their minds up good and proper.

hmm well that really sucks. With the half life of bupe I dont think making sure I pee before i take it is a viable option as I tend to try and keep hydrated thus needing to pee several times per day like a normal person. It really freaked me out, I mean i've had trouble in the past with mdma and other stimulants but never was it literally impossible to pass any urine. I guess im lucky I have access to disposable catheters or I might have had to take a trip to the hospital.