• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help BUPRENORPHINE ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE; NEW TO BUPRENORPHINE

Good question. I am one of the lucky ones where I can wait about 8-12hrs(from my last sub dose) and then take hydro/oxy..still a waste of dro/oxy because I won't get high but will keep any withdrawal symptoms at bay but after 24-48 hrs I'm feeling the pain meds pretty well/feeling euphoric.
Then when my stash runs out or binge ends, I have to wait about 8-12 hours then I take my subs and LUCKILY for ME I don't get thrown into precipitated withdrawal thank goodness..but this is the crucial part, you dont want PWD so if you are switching back to subs you best wait until you're really feeling narcotic withdrawal.
I’d really like some advice on this.. I too have a crazy high metabolism, or something, and I can switch back and forth no problem. My doc just prescribed me straight bupe pills, on top of the oxy he gives me every month for chronic pain (10x325 90 per month). He is prescribing the Bupes in case I run out or want to switch. And he is being very lenient and giving with the bupe RX as well.

I’d really like some advice on this.. I too have a crazy high metabolism, or something, and I can switch back and forth no problem. My doc just prescribed me straight bupe pills, on top of the oxy he gives me every month for chronic pain (10x325 90 per month). He is prescribing the Bupes in case I run out or want to switch. And he is being very lenient and giving with the bupe RX as well.
Yeah I am beginning to wonder if PWD is more prone to happen if you take the sublingual strips(probably not)but IDK, one thing is for sure, I hate the lil film strips when it comes to subs, they just don't work as well for me plus with the tabs I have the option of snorting/cutting them way down below 1mg, which will be useful when I finally make the step to taper and jump off of subs.

If it weren't for subs I really don't think I would survive these days now that I'm a bit older with 15 years(more or less) into the opioid pills habit. It really is a remarkable tool it's just frightening to me how long the WD and PAWS lasts, so I may even find a grip of codeine*or just some weak opioid* and taper off that and jump off them instead of bupe.

I think the PWD’s is completely based upon how quickly individuals metabolize drugs. For me, it’s about 12hrs with short acting opioids (oxycodone). If I really start to yawn, tears in my eyes, overall feeling of malaise.. I know it’s ok to take a bupe. Then when I get my oxy supply back (and we will use this example as it’s real) in 5 days, 2 days before I pick up the RX, I will take 1mg of bupe.. and the day before I will try to have nothing, knowing the next morning I can have those sweet little 5mg Roxy’s. If I have to have something the day before, I’ll take .5mg bupe.. and then the day I get the oxys, I’ll hold out until I start to feel iffy. Hope that makes sense for everyone. But that’s how I switch back and forth between the two. Opiates and a little weed, occasional benzo are my drugs or choice. Alcohol just makes me feel to shitty and I don’t like mixing it with these other drugs (I know it’s dangerous).
-Dude out

Yep very similar we are Sir. Although I get the mighty 30mg roxi and she's so damn fine..not mine, never will be..she comes straight from pharmacy(I wait in car thu drive-thru, as they aren't mine, and I have to he sure I get the realest). And then back to that sub and some benzos!

Question.. my doc just switched me over to the sub lingual bupes.. can I crush these and insufflate them??

I get the orange 8mg bupe/2mg naltrexone(correct me if wrong not sure if its naltrexone or something else starting with letter N) and THESE Tabs are sublingual bro..I didn't think they made a tablet just to swallow bc it needs to be sublingual to really really work..but yes u can snort these tabs and of course the sublingual film strips are under tounge/cheek only because obviously no way to snort the thing.

Yep.. I figured they didn’t make one tablet to swallow and then another for under the tongue.. I had one pill about an hour and a half ago, and I feel f’ing fantastic🕺🏽. Like, straight up happy as a clam/slight nod. Wow these are incredible. Arguably better feeling than straight oxys, IMO. It will be good to alternate between the two, and I’m going to do my best to keep my tolerance at an acceptable level. Repeat, do my best!

PLEASE NEW TO BUPRENORPHINE ; NEED ADVICE; MY EMAIL [email protected]

I was in pain management with corrupt incompetent pain doctor who left me on low dose hydrocodone 30 mg a day for 6 years;
felt i was in danger ( im masters level psychologist/forensic psychologist ) so i took myself to quickmd online; switched myself to buprenorphine
am taking 4 - 8mg a day ; trying for 4 ; sometimes slipping back to 8; probaby 6 will end up being first dose level
also on clonidine .1 mg every 8 hours .3 mg a day; but this is new to me; the buprenorphine seems much stonger than the hydrocodone
am starting to see doctors early this week to set maintenance; am with excellent doctor quick md; but all doctors are into what they prescribe;
he says im fine and he saved me from the first quack; oh i am 65; life long partier mostly grass; former drinker ; gave up drink 8 years ago
gave up smoking grass 10 years this fall; but eat thc perls; now down to 10 - 20 mg a day; feedback please;
i was messed up by bad incompetent md; this whole thing is new to me; have never been intravenous or illegal opiate user of any kind
got fucked? feedback please; are the drug levels safe etc? what do i do? what do with all this? help?
oh and im writer director producer working 12 - 14 hours a day plus going for 4th masters degree to ward off crushing student loans
( can never stop going to grad school or student loan hell comes? )
so not not retired cant retire; look 20 years younger than i am despite party life style; am scared; havent lead clean life and im 65
vital signs general health seemingly excellent g-d willing; minor painful things; eg: bad ibs diverticulosis ; colorectal fissures etc; painful but minor ; medically i think im good?
sometimes incredulous how i could be? feedback please?

tried NA; BUT THEY WERE WORSE THAN USELESS; IM LOOKING FOR PRAGMATIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY DRUG DOSING ADVICE
and what do I " aim " for?
At NA, THEY ARE PRAYING ( which is nice ) BUT playing all kinds of drug group politics ( eg im new so its like being the lowest monk in an abbey ;
it was silly and overly formal; and while i do believe in G-d; im not that formal with it; and i dont want to chant the 12 steps
and im in fucked up position; but thank G-d this is junkie light in a sense what im going through; and im weak when it comes to substances
but im not powerless etc ; im not taking huge amounts of anything but i dont feel im in a good place;
please guys offer advice?

also NOT THAT ITS IMPORTANT IN SOMEONE 65 LOL ; BUT IT HAS KILLED MY SEX DRIVE DEAD?
DOES BUPRENORPHINE KILL SEX DRIVE?
AND BEFORE THIS I WAS GOING THROUGH EXTREMELY HIGHLY SEXED PERIOD LIKE I WAS ADOLESCENT LOL
so - yes - opioids in general kill sex drive. You gotta understand -- bupe is MUCH more potent than hydro.
it binds much more strongly to mu receptors, for a much longer time. each milligram is == 30mg morphine oral equivalent.
if you are taking 4mg a day - that's like 120mg of morphine. That is MUCH stronger than 30mg of hydro a day.
I would be concerned about deepening my opioid dependence through this route, not fixing it. That is why I have always resisted
bupe and tapered standard opioids with themselves.
If i were you, I would just taper it as rapidly as possible. It's good for a very short term taper. Hopefully they haven't had you on this for months.

so - yes - opioids in general kill sex drive. You gotta understand -- bupe is MUCH more potent than hydro.
it binds much more strongly to mu receptors, for a much longer time. each milligram is == 30mg morphine oral equivalent.
if you are taking 4mg a day - that's like 120mg of morphine. That is MUCH stronger than 30mg of hydro a day.
I would be concerned about deepening my opioid dependence through this route, not fixing it. That is why I have always resisted
bupe and tapered standard opioids with themselves.
If i were you, I would just taper it as rapidly as possible. It's good for a very short term taper. Hopefully they haven't had you on this for months.
This is the person you want to listen to. I generally and genuinely try to keep my dose at 1-2mg just because of everything he has stated..I have become a slave to bupe more so than oxy or dros..

The oxy and dros are just me either saying fuck it and having fun but at the end of it all I need the bupe on deck because after 15yrs more or less of opioid use, going through withdrawal hell is not an option at least at this point in my life. Sounds like excuses and sure it is, but yes this is why I always stress that I need a gang of weak opioids to run its course for idk a month? Just to get the bupe out of me first, then I can taper codeine or hydrocodone and even though it will still have it's own special hell, at least it won't last damn near forever..

This is the person you want to listen to. I generally and genuinely try to keep my dose at 1-2mg just because of everything he has stated..I have become a slave to bupe more so than oxy or dros..

The oxy and dros are just me either saying fuck it and having fun but at the end of it all I need the bupe on deck because after 15yrs more or less of opioid use, going through withdrawal hell is not an option at least at this point in my life. Sounds like excuses and sure it is, but yes this is why I always stress that I need a gang of weak opioids to run its course for idk a month? Just to get the bupe out of me first, then I can taper codeine or hydrocodone and even though it will still have it's own special hell, at least it won't last damn near forever..
i've been on em a similar amount of time. I just tapered 140mg OC -> 15mg once daily. It was rough, but i did it. Now going to take down/out that last 15mg. gotta get it done in the next week so, there ya go. not gonna be super pleasant but, is what it is.