• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help BUPRENORPHINE ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE; NEW TO BUPRENORPHINE

WriterDirector58

Bluelighter
PLEASE NEW TO BUPRENORPHINE ; NEED ADVICE; MY EMAIL [email protected]

I was in pain management with corrupt incompetent pain doctor who left me on low dose hydrocodone 30 mg a day for 6 years;
felt i was in danger ( im masters level psychologist/forensic psychologist ) so i took myself to quickmd online; switched myself to buprenorphine
am taking 4 - 8mg a day ; trying for 4 ; sometimes slipping back to 8; probaby 6 will end up being first dose level
also on clonidine .1 mg every 8 hours .3 mg a day; but this is new to me; the buprenorphine seems much stonger than the hydrocodone
am starting to see doctors early this week to set maintenance; am with excellent doctor quick md; but all doctors are into what they prescribe;
he says im fine and he saved me from the first quack; oh i am 65; life long partier mostly grass; former drinker ; gave up drink 8 years ago
gave up smoking grass 10 years this fall; but eat thc perls; now down to 10 - 20 mg a day; feedback please;
i was messed up by bad incompetent md; this whole thing is new to me; have never been intravenous or illegal opiate user of any kind
got fucked? feedback please; are the drug levels safe etc? what do i do? what do with all this? help?
oh and im writer director producer working 12 - 14 hours a day plus going for 4th masters degree to ward off crushing student loans
( can never stop going to grad school or student loan hell comes? )
so not not retired cant retire; look 20 years younger than i am despite party life style; am scared; havent lead clean life and im 65
vital signs general health seemingly excellent g-d willing; minor painful things; eg: bad ibs diverticulosis ; colorectal fissures etc; painful but minor ; medically i think im good?
sometimes incredulous how i could be? feedback please?

tried NA; BUT THEY WERE WORSE THAN USELESS; IM LOOKING FOR PRAGMATIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY DRUG DOSING ADVICE
and what do I " aim " for?
At NA, THEY ARE PRAYING ( which is nice ) BUT playing all kinds of drug group politics ( eg im new so its like being the lowest monk in an abbey ;
it was silly and overly formal; and while i do believe in G-d; im not that formal with it; and i dont want to chant the 12 steps
and im in fucked up position; but thank G-d this is junkie light in a sense what im going through; and im weak when it comes to substances
but im not powerless etc ; im not taking huge amounts of anything but i dont feel im in a good place;
please guys offer advice?

also NOT THAT ITS IMPORTANT IN SOMEONE 65 LOL ; BUT IT HAS KILLED MY SEX DRIVE DEAD?
DOES BUPRENORPHINE KILL SEX DRIVE?
AND BEFORE THIS I WAS GOING THROUGH EXTREMELY HIGHLY SEXED PERIOD LIKE I WAS ADOLESCENT LOL

Buprenorphine is an incredible drug i have been on it 4 months now i look and feel like a new man..this drug has got me off all opioids that includes heroin! i wont look back now im on buprenorphine im saving money and have no trouble with my sex drive 'unless its my age? 'but it certainly hasn't killed it.
I highly rate this drug it has literally changed my life! GOOD KUCK man you've made the right choice.

Well I'll say right off the bat you fucked up going straight to Bupe..you should have tapered the hydro and kicked that 3 days physical WD compared to Bupe(it takes ages, I take 1-2mg and it's hard as fuck to quit but then again I'm not mad about it, I'd rather be taking low dose bupe instead of chasing pills on the street just to feel normal. Although I do switch back n forth from oxy to bupe, a dumb cycle(bc I still like to get high) but the bupe is definitely a great maintenance tool.

Just saying in your case you should had tapered the hydro and kicked, if it seemed too tough, you should had reached for an even lower opioid like codeine, taper then quit. Relatively easier than oxy or high dose and/or longterm oxy use.

Also you should use imodium (Loperamide) it will kill most of WD symptoms, just don't take too many. I stick with 3 or 4. 2mg imodium.
Kratom helps but also creates WD, maybe use this if you are afraid of relapsing, instead of bupe or subs.

Buprenorphine is an incredible drug i have been on it 4 months now i look and feel like a new man..this drug has got me off all opioids that includes heroin! i wont look back now im on buprenorphine im saving money and have no trouble with my sex drive 'unless its my age? 'but it certainly hasn't killed it.
I highly rate this drug it has literally changed my life! GOOD KUCK man you've made the right choice.
thank you; it does lessen sex drive in about a third; at 65 who cares? lol; thank you ; glad to hear that; all doctors and my pharmacist say that;
that its better to be on bupernorphine ( and yes ive given up all opiates; most ancillary therapies pain killers ) right now this clonidine and an occassional thc pill ( but thats going down to nothing ) ; i was scared because of the interplay of the clonidin with everything; how long to be on that?
also because i was junklie light lol; on 30 mg hydro a day max; the buprenorphine feels very strong to me; so i had questions
its a remarkably good pain killer; for me; it has worked on my colorectal pain incredibly well much better than the hydro
my question is do i ever get off of this or is this now for life? im feeling very positive; thank you so much for taking the time with your good feedback

you make me feel better that i have made the right choice; thank you; again for me ; compared to the hydro its strong
is 4mg a day enough?

Well I'll say right off the bat you fucked up going straight to Bupe..you should have tapered the hydro and kicked that 3 days physical WD compared to Bupe(it takes ages, I take 1-2mg and it's hard as fuck to quit but then again I'm not mad about it, I'd rather be taking low dose bupe instead of chasing pills on the street just to feel normal. Although I do switch back n forth from oxy to bupe, a dumb cycle(bc I still like to get high) but the bupe is definitely a great maintenance tool.

Just saying in your case you should had tapered the hydro and kicked, if it seemed too tough, you should had reached for an even lower opioid like codeine, taper then quit. Relatively easier than oxy or high dose and/or longterm oxy use.

Also you should use imodium (Loperamide) it will kill most of WD symptoms, just don't take too many. I stick with 3 or 4. 2mg imodium.
Kratom helps but also creates WD, maybe use this if you are afraid of relapsing, instead of bupe or subs.
thank you for your feedback; i was in a situation where they should have respected me as a legacy patient; they did this to me; i was never on a prolonged opiate regime ever and never took street opiates; i could not sit back and taper and go through withdrawal; it would have destablized my life; i had a corrupt crazy pain doctor who just left me on the hydro for 6 years; and it wasnt even indicated for my physical pain; they wouldnt give me codeine etc; they just wanted me off; and at first after 6 years told me about a rapid taper which was totally inappropriate; thank you for the alternate pt of view; i do have doubts; i see this is complicated it; i was on 30 mg a day; got down to 22.5 and i was climbing the walls; couldnt take time off to just be in rehab etc; working round the clock as writer director producer; thats what i was getting that low dose bupe is better than the irregularity of being on pills etc.

immodium the dihrea drug for withdrawal; more than the loose bowels part? good tip thank you; im on the bupe now ; seeing doctors this week
thank you for taking the time

yes truth is we all still like the feeling of getting high; because i was on low dose hydro; 4 - 6 mg of bupe once a day gets me very high ; i was never doing oxys etc

ive been scared of mixing in kratom; hear variable things about it; i bought some; but didnt take it; but its good to know that 4mg a day is enough to keep withdrawal out ; i didnt know

My advice would be to use the lowest amount of bupe where you feel good. The higher dose you use, the more weird side effects you will get.

yes truth is we all still like the feeling of getting high; because i was on low dose hydro; 4 - 6 mg of bupe once a day gets me very high ; i was never doing oxys etc

ive been scared of mixing in kratom; hear variable things about it; i bought some; but didnt take it; but its good to know that 4mg a day is enough to keep withdrawal out ; i didnt know

Check the equivalency charts; of course your high. Partional agononist or not.

4 mg is a lot. I believe in europe 0.2 mg is the established dose. Ill just talk straight; docs make a fortune off of suboxone and must compete other prescribe by a fucking ton.

If you were on low dose of hydro.... IF YOU CAN STILL FUX WITH KRATOM AND A FEW HYDROS I DO NOT BELIEVE SUBOXONE IS NEEDED.

Really the only benefit with bupe vs street opis is one is precribed, legal, and relialbe and safe. Don't be decieved bupe is not nice and is very strong;

Check the equivalency charts; of course your high. Partional agononist or not.

4 mg is a lot. I believe in europe 0.2 mg is the established dose. Ill just talk straight; docs make a fortune off of suboxone and must compete other prescribe by a fucking ton.

If you were on low dose of hydro.... IF YOU CAN STILL FUX WITH KRATOM AND A FEW HYDROS I DO NOT BELIEVE SUBOXONE IS NEEDED.

Really the only benefit with bupe vs street opis is one is precribed, legal, and relialbe and safe. Don't be decieved bupe is not nice and is very strong;
in europe the lowest starting dose is 4 mg; but i will keep that in mind; seeing doctors starting tues; thank you

in europe the lowest starting dose is 4 mg; but i will keep that in mind; seeing doctors starting tues; thank you
but yes also; the hydro guy pushes hydros; the bupe doctor bupe; i just got scared at the irregularity of the prescribers other pills ; they should have respected me as a legacy patient; i never took street opiates ever; they had me on hydros for 6 years; took as directed; sometimes didnt see my doctor for a year; saw PAs NPs and the visit was like a lorida pill mill ; perfunctory; they should have left me on 25mg hydro and left me alone; but the doctor seemed to be getting high on his own supply; was so fucked up he couldnt read a paragraph of writing without his eyes swimming in his head; im going to try to find an attorney to sue; but with them; if you are not dead or had a stroke; you are not on their radar as a best case; thank you so much for taking the time

Try taking less, and see if that holds your pain/mood at bay. For pain some people take sub mg doses, and I see people talking about benefits from dropping to 2mg/day. Depending on how long you have been on it, you might need to slowly lower your dose. Benefit of this is having a stockpile if there is instability regarding your doctor, and slower buildup of tolerance to the more transient effects such as euphoria.

thank you for taking the time ; fuck corporate medicine

i have an operational question? how does that work going back to hydro or oxy etc from buprenorphine ( mechanics? _)

everyone is telling me i made the right decision ; regardless of the amount of hydro i was consuming; i wonder though; corporate medicine etc; i was down to 25 - 30 mg of hydrocodone a day; is it the right choice for me? i never did heroin; never used intravenous drugs and never misused the prescription ( taking huge amounts of pills ); is it still the right decision ( my doctor and the pharmacist say Yes ) ; feedback please? and thank you again for taking the time ;

... maybe just because of the acetominiphin you were consuming
30 mgs pure hydrocodone isnt going to hurt you r organs

I think the analgesic properties of bupre' wear off just as fast as hydrocodone (with a tolerance)

it does help in micro doses better

theyre both shitty for heavy pain

Last edited:
i have an operational question? how does that work going back to hydro or oxy etc from buprenorphine ( mechanics? _)
Good question. I am one of the lucky ones where I can wait about 8-12hrs(from my last sub dose) and then take hydro/oxy..still a waste of dro/oxy because I won't get high but will keep any withdrawal symptoms at bay but after 24-48 hrs I'm feeling the pain meds pretty well/feeling euphoric.
Then when my stash runs out or binge ends, I have to wait about 8-12 hours then I take my subs and LUCKILY for ME I don't get thrown into precipitated withdrawal thank goodness..but this is the crucial part, you dont want PWD so if you are switching back to subs you best wait until you're really feeling narcotic withdrawal.

I think the analgesic properties of bupre' wear off just as fast as hydrocodone (with a tolerance)

oddly for me perhaps anomolously the buprenorphine works for the pain amazingly; first thing that has; i just want to get the dose as low as possible; ditto the clonidine

it wasnt the hydro; i had a rogue incompetent pain doctor who gave dangerous advice; forced me to taper after 6 years of leaving me on the drug with little attention; it was a bad medical practice