• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupre rage?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Anyone else gets the bupre rage here? I have got it on heroin too.
It's situation when you do lots of bupre, then start getting mad as hell. You start to try to make fight out of anything, i have seen my friends get super fucking mad for no reason and i have been in this state and i have started just random fucking fights. It's like annoyance that's inside you eating your soul and you have to go burst it out somewhere.

I am on Buprenorphine, and I use it as prescribed. I have never felt any effects from it, aside from the removal of the desire to take opiates/opioids.

Do you use it as prescribed?

I am on Buprenorphine, and I use it as prescribed. I have never felt any effects from it, aside from the removal of the desire to take opiates/opioids.

Do you use it as prescribed?
Hell no it's not even prespicted bro

Well, I would look into the side effects of Naloxone.

Do you misuse it, specifically any ROA aside from Sublingual?

Well, I would look into the side effects of Naloxone.

Do you misuse it, specifically any ROA aside from Sublingual?
I use IV only, I haven't had the anger effect in year but i remember having it when my use became more problematic.
Have had it with heroin too.
I read some stories in internet and many people have this with bupre, i have seen my friends go crazy. Like banging doors, fist fight hostile not just little annoyance or anger. That's how it was for me too.

You have to consider, contrary to common belief, that Naloxone is added to the formulation of Suboxone for the sole reason of deterring IV abuse. The Sublingual administration of Naloxone is nearly 0%.

You have to consider, contrary to common belief, that Naloxone is added to the formulation of Suboxone for the sole reason of deterring IV abuse. The Sublingual administration of Naloxone is nearly 0%.
I know it's added for that reason. However, it doesn't do anything IV'd, bupre is stronger. Also, i use Subutex but have been doing xone too.

IV Naloxone does not have a long half life, so if your anger problems are not directly coincided with your specific use of the Suboxone formulation, I would look at the Buprenorphine.

I have had night terrors which I have attributed to my Suboxone use, but these were rare occasions in which I used high doses. I have had no other side effects attributed to the medication.

Are you using any other psychoactives with your Buprenorphine/Naloxone?

Last edited:
IV Naloxone does not have a long half life, so if your anger problems are not directly coincided with your use of specific use of the Suboxone formulation, I would look at the Buprenorphine.

I have had night terrors which I have attributed with my Suboxone use, but these were rare occasions in which I used high doses. I have had no other side effects attributed with the medication.

What, if any, are your coinciding psychoactives?
Nah i use only bupre. Thanks for your answers. I have googled this stuff already, it's well known side effect to cause mood swings and for what i have seen the swing tends to be towards anger. Just wanted to ask does anyone here actual specific information why it causes it and if anyone else has had same problems and would like to have discussion about them.

Maybe someone can give me some advice. My hubby and I have been opioid clean for a few years now, thank God. The problem is when he takes Suboxone he turns into a completely different person. He gets mad over every single thing I do. Ex. I used the debit card wrong, or I asked if he wanted to take his work clothes off and get ready for bed! He will say one thing then I do it just for him to say he never said it! He is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde! I try to tell him but he refuses to hear me. I don't know what to do at this point. I know once he stays off it for a day, shoot even 8 hours he goes back to himself. But he will start to feel crappy and take one and the light switch flips again. I don't want to leave him, we have been together 12 years, married almost 11, I'm in love with this man just not the person the subs turn him into.
Any suggestions on how to get him to realize what is happening to him when he's taking them? I'm open to any and all suggestions. If I can't figure this out our marriage, our family, is going to be ripped apart along with my soul.

I guess it happens with higher doses and iv use.apart from lowering sex drive,dont feel any range on this

Opioid "rage" is actually pretty common. I have often becomes extremely frustrated and angry by small triggers, for very brief periods of time, when on opiates. I have only really noticed it when addicted to opiates though, it's almost like the irrational thought of "fuck this thing that dares to disturb my fleeting good state of mind" happens, at least for me. The rage comes on suddenly and leaves just as suddenly. It leaves me feeling like what the fuck, why did I just get so angry.

It's not an uncommon thing to report, though some people never seem to get it.

It could happen.benzo rage is also common.paradoxal effect

Maybe someone can give me some advice. My hubby and I have been opioid clean for a few years now, thank God. The problem is when he takes Suboxone he turns into a completely different person. He gets mad over every single thing I do. Ex. I used the debit card wrong, or I asked if he wanted to take his work clothes off and get ready for bed! He will say one thing then I do it just for him to say he never said it! He is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde! I try to tell him but he refuses to hear me. I don't know what to do at this point. I know once he stays off it for a day, shoot even 8 hours he goes back to himself. But he will start to feel crappy and take one and the light switch flips again. I don't want to leave him, we have been together 12 years, married almost 11, I'm in love with this man just not the person the subs turn him into.
Any suggestions on how to get him to realize what is happening to him when he's taking them? I'm open to any and all suggestions. If I can't figure this out our marriage, our family, is going to be ripped apart along with my soul.

Sorry you're experiencing this, that sucks. Have you tried talking to him about it? When he's not on it? If not, that would be the place to start. You might also consider couples' therapy, if you can get him to agree to that when he's not on it. Does he know how close you are to leaving him, and how much this hurts you? If not, he may not realize how bad it is for you, but he needs to realize that.

Just for the sake of clarity, suboxone is an opioid (a very powerful one) so if you guys are taking it (or if just he is), you/he are not actually opioid free, though suboxone maintenance is a good option for people who chronically relapse on illegal opioids. Sadly, he is still in the cycle of addiction if he is on suboxone, and especially if he is not consistently on it or struggling to not take it. And addiction does terrible things to a person, as I'm sure you know. Suboxone is a hell of a lot better than heron/fentanyl/etc, but it is not actually clean, and it has a lot of the same effects any other chronic opioid use does.

Chronically intake of opioids,even after qutting leaves a person temporarly with hyperalgesia,till your endorphine system start to normalize.And alter perception of pain comes with changes in mood,libido and sleep pattern disturbances.Many people go to this from pain issues,not so to feel high

Thats not really true either, even if you were to inject it, the bupe has a higher binding affinity than naloxone so it still wouldn't have an effect, or not much of one anyway. I even confirmed this with my doctor who agreed its probably just there as a scare tactic and or for patent reasons.