• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buphedrone (alpha-methylamino-butyrophenone) megathread - spread your knowledge!

I've used buph a couple times since my last super long-winded post and have come to the conclusion after experimenting with lots of different doses, this has little to no recreational value. It either made me not feel anything at all or overly-aware and paranoid, there is nothing nice about buph, waste of time and money. I did combine with 4-mec once and that just added some stimulation nothing spectacular. I just do not like this chem. Don't know what happened with my earlier post.

Last edited:
I've recently experimented with buphedrone in doses ranging from 5-30 mg (insuff.) and 5-60 (oral). At best, the effects feel like a toned-down amphetamine or caffeine stimulation, with mild to negligble euphoria. It does increase alertness, and at high oral doses it seems to enhance spontaneity and creative thought processes, but at more moderate doses it does not promote sociability, unlike other stims. The stimulation of ones body does not feel synchronized with the thought process, and thus it does not appear to greatly increase focus in doses below 45-50 mg (oral). I find that it is most effective orally, and while its effects have a slightly unrefined quality, it definitely has potential as a utiliatrian/study drug.

On that note, combining it with regular ginko supelements signigiantly increases its capacity to cause focus. It's come down is quite smooth unless mixed with other stimulants, and sleep seems to come fairly easily. It's overall a much better drug for promoting physical activity (ie cleaning) than mental, but definitely has potential as a low-impact study-aid.

I'm going to move this thread to the archives as it seems more like a megathread now with 6 pages about buphedrone and is a really old thread.

If anyone has any more questions about buphedrone feel free to start your own thread.

ARCHIVED

Haha. Fuck no :D was in a daze yesterday.

Going to shoot this to OD, they cover RC stims more than we do anyway.

BDD > OD

Not to experianced with cathinones.. but here's something I found interesting
"20-25MG nasally produces a pretty good rush, pretty much the most enjoyfull thing about this compound is the music enhancement during the come up, then like everyone else states it's more so just levels out into energy with a slight mood elevation. Kind of makes me think of what I feel like cathine would be like, except a lot less potent and dirty. Also slightly compulsive redosing, definitaly was a helping hand during a long work day but woulden't invest to much into it, or to harm yourself by doing it to much ."

any idea how long buphedrone stays good for? i've got some stuff thats like a year and a half old. has a bit of a fishy smell to it now, but i don't really remember what it smelled like when i first got it.

Yes, any ideas of buphedrone's self life?

Reading all the experiences most were negative. I am not surprised...

But... Has anyone here used a low dose buphedrone in the gym?? I always want to keep my body in a relatively good shape, but I ll start and quit the gym all to often...

Buphedrone is AMAZING for energy and motivation for exercise/weight lifting and I have tried more than a few commercial products. No comparison, seriously...!

Any feedback at all on this? Also any ideas on the toxicity of buphedrone, I read a post from some self described "toxicologist" claiming that buphedrone is toxic, when I contact him for further information I never got a reply.

i also asked about shelf-life over in Advanced Drug Discussion, and got this response:

Depending on how it's stored, probably 6 months* to 2 years, or more? Cathinones are fairly stable if kept dry, but can cleave to an amine and benzaldehyde if stored improperly (moisture, heat, acid). The primary amines like cathinone are the worst.

Keep it dry and out of bright light and it should stay good for a couple of years at least.

* Tocris Bioscience suggests a minimum 6 month shelf life for mephedrone at room temperature.

hm this sample i have is approaching 2 years old. has a bit of a funny smell to it now, but i don't remember what it smelled like when i first got it. perhaps i should just toss it.

Most of the cathinones smell wierd if they're impure or have degraded even a small amount. Fishy/sperm smells (amines) or almond/pistachio type smells (benzaldehydes) especially.

I find this stim to be pretty functional, pretty light in the euphoria department though, easier going on the body too compared to other stims. But nothing to write home about at all. I find 18-25mg bumps every 30-60 minutes to be a decent amount to keep a mild stimulation going. Weed blends with it alright but still no blast of impressive euphoria. Just a question, are there different looking batches around I've read of a few different descriptions, mine is a clumpyish white fine powder. Not that it makes seems to be making any difference if there is as all the reports are basically the same. And surprisingly compulsive considering the mild effects.

Last edited:
I'd have to say N-Ethyl-Buphedrone was much gentler and euphoric than regular Buphedrone for me.

Has anyone else tried this combo?

"I have already posted this in an ADD thread, but this combination is so good (and cheap) that I feel compelled to share it in this thread too:

Mixing Geranamine, which has primarily CNS NE releasing\reuptaking inhibiting effects with a relatively low PNS profile, with buphedrone which seems to be more of a mild DARI lacking the NE 'push', in a 3:2 ratio (30mg buphedrone : 20mg Geranamine, etc) is WONDERFUL.

It feels very similar to cocaine, but less edgy, and with much less fiending. Also, it seems to last a good deal longer (You get a nice plateau for around an hour)."

DR

Keep in mind that we combine a releaser with an reuptake inhibitor.

My guess: If the NRI effect of the buphedrone is not negligible, combined with the NR effect of the geranamine could lead to heart overload

If the Dopamine releasing effect of the geranamine is not negligible, combined with the DARI effect of the buphedrone, could also lead to heart overload.

The ratio of 3/1 : geranam/buphed seems ok for functional purposes

Someone must try a combo of 30 mg geranamine + 10 mg buphedrone orally ..