• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe?

is 4mg really that high of a dose? my doc started me off on 8mg strips 2x per day- which i have never taken that much. i didnt know what to expect the first time when i took a full 8mg strip. i was pretty fired up for almost 24 full hours. i havent taken 8mg at once since. but 4 doesnt really get me that bad. i guess a little bit. makes me groggy as hell in the morning. im really disliking the side effects from suboxone. lot of unpredictable nausea and really hard to take a piss. let alone get it up for "bedtime" with wifey. not sure if my doc will switch me to subutex to try.

Bupenephrine which is the active ingredient in suboxone and subutex is a very strange and powerful drug. Higher doses may not produce a stronger effect which is an phenomenon as far as opiods are concerned. I cannot stress the fact that with bupe less is more enough. The effects between 2 mgs and 24 mgs is surprisingly negligible other than the risk of death.

3 strips or 24 mgs is usually the standard maintenance dose which I think is very excessive as the strength of bupe is very much understated both in the medical community as well as among recreational drug users.

I do not think most people realize just how strong bupe is. It is meant to treat opiate dependence. I suggest you look up the morphine equivalency as its quite high in equivalancy. Educating yourself on a drug you intend to take is an extremely good idea and the most responsible way to go about it if you choose to take any narcotic.

The effects of bupe can be rather subtle and physical dependence can easily creep up on someone. It can also be very nasty to come off of.

I think that when people reach a certain point with opiates where they may never feel ok in terms of pain and emotions. Opiates can really fuck your life up. You may find yourself at a point in your life where a maintenance drug is the best and only option to save your life. It would be a damn shame to ruin bupe for yourself if you ever need it in the future.

Methadone and Suboxone clinics are often privately owned and that means you are a customer. Its best to be weary in general as some of these places are in the business of keeping customers coming back. I think that is the reason that the doses are so high.

I would highly recommend not using bupe recreationally. It is an effective detox drug IMO as it allows someone to dole out the ineviatable pain of opiate withdrawal in smaller controlled amounts at their own leisure. (leisure is kinda of ironic way of putting it)

I also would like to warn people that naxalone is in suboxone strips. I personally find naxalone a vile substance. It is put in suboxone as a preventative measure against abuse. Naxalone causes some pretty nasty side effects like migraines and acne.

If you choose to take suboxone it is probably best to take as little as possible as it has diminishing returns in terms of any type of high. I would like to state that I do not mean this as a lecture to the OP and I am certainly not passing judgement on the OP or any drug user for that matter. I just really think that bupe is not a drug to be taken lightly.

Last edited:
When I was on subs for awhile, I tried to use them recreationally at first, and that worked for like 3 days. Every time I took a break, I would try and use them recreationaly again, and I found the 3 days before they stop working to be pretty consistent. When I gave some away, my buddy - who has a high tolerance - puked all day after taking 2mg's 2 days in a row. Less is def more with subs.

Btw, I didn't see it anywhere here... What was your ROA?

True. A mate with zero tolerance took 4 mg. He had a similar reaction; he was sick, and extremely lethargic. He swore to never take them again....

My ROA when this was posted was sublingual (and a tiny bit snorted), and after that I have snorted them. I still have not decided which I like better, but the first time got me very, very high lol. I do enjoy bupe, I do not plan on taking it too often though. I still prefer quite a few drugs too it. But it was an interesting experience. The first day I took them, I actually got a shitload of euphoria? And I know it wasn't placebo. But I have not gotten that euphoria the second or third time. I did snort it those times though.. so I'm thinking I will try the sublingual again tonight and snort some more and try and recreate the effects. Anyways, thanks for all the info here guys. 4mg did not make me sick, the only side effects I've had are bad headaches in the morning (although my allergies are horrid right now). But I guess it effects everybody differently.

When I was on subs for awhile, I tried to use them recreationally at first, and that worked for like 3 days. Every time I took a break, I would try and use them recreationaly again, and I found the 3 days before they stop working to be pretty consistent. When I gave some away, my buddy - who has a high tolerance - puked all day after taking 2mg's 2 days in a row. Less is def more with subs.

Btw, I didn't see it anywhere here... What was your ROA?

Same here. When I was first scripted I had been off of everything for a few weeks so was rocked off of them. I remember thinking "wow, this is what they are giving me to not get high?!?!?" But after 3 days the magic was suddenly over, and no matter how much I took it wouldn't increase the effects.

in the few weeks ive been on i have noticed thta all i have to do is wait a day or 2 and then my 4mg dose will still buzz me nicely. not sure how long this will last. i dont want to be on too long. buuuut ya know...

After many years, I still get a decent buzz (like a warm opiate charge), but the really energetic highs that last for ages are long past me.

i recently chose to not get on subs again. i was shooting two 8s a day and i was just ok. i was acting normal. looked normal. but my brain still has to recover from still being opiated. my miracle drug is gabapentin. that, weed, and that's about it. maybe occasional k pin. but mom holds those. lol