• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe & Morphine?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
I am currently in possession of some 8mg subutex pills, just the bupe no naloxone. Can I assume that this means if I take other opiates/opioids with just subutex i won't experience precipated w/d's right? Everytime I searched this it only talked about suboxone, not the bupe by itself without the naloxone like in a suboxone film (these aren't even film, they're white generic pills lol). Anyway, if I were to say mix that with morphine today would I just get sick or can I take some now and have some morphine about 6-9 hours later?

Thanks!
-MF4M

from what i've heard you will be fine, although in doses beyond a milligram or so i've heard it can have a blocking effect on other opiates.

1st thing...if you take Subutex 8mg 1st you are going feel zero effects from any opioid for at least 48 hours.

It is not the naloxone in Suboxone that causes precipitated wds, it’s simply the Bupe itself having a much higher affinity for receptors than morphine/Heroin/hydromorph etc, essentially knocking off any full agonists and taking their place without providing a full agonist effect therefore you go into a precipitated wd.

Are you physically dependent on any opioid right now?

So in other words if you are not dependent on any full agonist opioid you can take that subutex after your morphine high is gone and you will not experience any withdrawal. Does this make more sense?

No, no, definitely not. It's a common misconception that the Naloxone (Narcan) in Suboxone (Buprenorphine/Naloxone) is what provokes precipitated withdrawal. While Naloxone does play some, small role in provoking PW, the primary agent in the reaction is the Buprenorphine itself. Whether using Suboxone or Subutex (Buprenorphine w/o Naloxone), PW will still occur is Buprenorphine is used to soon after the last dosage of full-agonist Opioid.

It's best for sake of ease to treat Suboxone and Subutex as the same. There are a lot of people more educated than myself who believe that the creation of the combination product Suboxone was simply a way of licensing out Buprenorphine for a higher price than a stand-alone, generic form could be sold for.

Also, if you would like to get the most out of your given Opioid, you should wait at least 24-48 hours after your dose of Buprenorphine.

Ok, thanks for clarifying fellas! I'll just finish my subutex first and hold onto my morphine for a rainy day :)