• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe/ meth

wsoko

Bluelighter
If somebody could help me out with an answer to my question that would be just great. So I am on Suboxone and I just had a slight relapse on meth. I did it about 2 hours ago and feel absolutely horrible about myself even though it's not my drug of choice but my question is it's time to take my dose of Suboxone and will the meth keep my blood vessels closed so that I won't absorb my buprenorphine? Or am I okay to take my dose as always? Like I said it's been like 2 hours since I used the meth. Anyone who takes Suboxone knows you can't smoke or eat or drink for 20 minutes on either end and stuff like that so that's why I'm wondering.

I've never been told in all my years of treatment that you can't eat drink or smoke for 20 minutes after using buprenorphine. I could be completely wrong though and that is something but I read the paperwork that comes with tablets and don't remember it.
I realise a day has passed now so you probably have taken your dose, I would have said you will of been fine taking your bupe as under the tongue is full of blood vessels, any shrinkage they should still absorb as normal.

You are correct that vasoconstriction devreases absorption by many drugs by many ROAs, but I would bet you'd get just good.

please report afterwards interesting

Ive heard from friends that meth and other stimulants lessen the bupre in your body and in many cases people be withdrawing, so watch out for that.
I concur, from personal exp I have found that stims did make my bupre work out my system quicker bringing wds on quicker.

But interested to hear what you exp at the end of the day.