• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe BUPE - is it time to jump off?

chairmanma084

Bluelighter
I used the fuc&%ng search engine and read about some other's experiences but none really matched my circumstances.

I've been on suboxone (bupe + naloxone) for about 3 years now. Before January of this year, I'd basically been taking 16mg per day. I couldn't maintain a happy, productive lifestyle at that rate, so I went to a week-long detox and lowered my tolerance. Over the past 6 months, I've been able to ween myself down to taking 1mg two days in a row then a skip day. Upon waking on the 4th day, I do feel pretty awful.

Should I continue to try to ween this thing down or should I just jump the fuck off and try not to relapse? I worry a bit about the WD's only because of how long I've been on the drug. Am I just fooling myself into thinking there won't be any serious withdrawals regardless of my taper schedule?

I've got good access to klonopin and marijuana. I'm tired of the cycle, but I also don't want to put myself through any unnecessary suffering. You know how it is...8(

Jump motherfucker!! Haha.. Yeah man, it's time. The point of tapering is to minimize the WDs, but you won't get rid of them completely until you stop sticking that poison in your body, so it can heal. My opinion is that the morning is always the worst. I usually take a hit off a bowl as soon as I wake up.. That will usually make me feel better so I can get to work a couple hours later..

Well, lucky me, I'm on sabbatical. I have all day to do as I please without much worry about money, at least for the rest of this year. It does sound like a perfect time. Well, thanks for the encouragement. I'm gonna finish today as it started, on subs, but tomorrow is my skip day. Gonna use that as the diving board and see how far I can go without feeling like suicide is my only option. The physical part of it passes with me after a day or two, but the depression is so deep.

Anyway, thanks Newin419.

you werent feeling right on 16/MG!? really? I take 8-16MG/day and always feel great and much more motivated then w/o. I always find it weird when I find people having a hard time w/ bupe; this shit has saved my life because I am coming from a G+/day heroin problem; I still use here and there, ill be honest. hell, I even shot a half G already today, and still have a little over a half G left to shot before the end of the day, lol. such killer shit I have.. anyway, I gotta stop talking about dope, my bad.

but I think you'd be better of just JUMPING OFF! and dont think bad about it and in a negative way, ya know!? that is what will make you feel better. anytime you think withdrawal, or any negative, you start to feel sick. there have been so many times where ill forget to take my pills, and think nothing of it, and feel great. but the minute I realize I forgot the pill, and start to think if I should feel withdrawals, thats when I start to feel withdrawals.

just JUMP OFF COMPLETELY but always keep a very low dose on you.. just incase. try to push out as long as possible. its 2 days right now but if you can go 3 days, go 3 days and see what happens. then try 4 days, and then 5 and 6, etc. and always keep a very small dose on you. its what I did w/ my bupe last time I was on it but ended up relapsing. now I just stick w/ bupe because it helps me a ton and I will continue down that road.

anytime you think withdrawal, or any negative, you start to feel sick. there have been so many times where ill forget to take my pills, and think nothing of it, and feel great. but the minute I realize I forgot the pill, and start to think if I should feel withdrawals, thats when I start to feel withdrawals.

I always found this to be a funny part of my addiction. I'd be feeling real shitty until I realized I could go score some dope then all of a sudden I'm able to jump out of bed get in my car and go cop...

In regards to weening down, I think it's smart to ween down until you can take the smallest possible piece of the suboxone. When I did it I got down to like 1/16 of a 8 mg pill for couple days before I stopped completely. I still felt kind of shitty for a couple days, but not as bad as going cold turkey...

EDIT: DID NOT SEE YOU ALREADY HAD 2 DAYS UNDER YOUR BELT. Just stick with that you'll be feeling fine in no time. If you can go for some hikes/walks/runs get outdoors, go to the gym, all that good stuff.

Last edited:
you werent feeling right on 16/MG!? really?

no, I felt "Great." I felt intoxicated all the time, but I couldn't afford it and I was basically rollin' around fucked up 24/7. I'm not a huge dude, so it really doesn't take me a lot to get high. I was absent mentally and emotionally and had zero physical stamina.

and always keep a very small dose on you.

that's fucking brilliant!

Last edited: