• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe dosage...is it useless?

Hthr1991

Greenlighter
I used to take 2 mg Suboxone a day after a heavy oxy habit and had great effects. I fell off the wagon had a small heroin habit and quit with then became addicted to loperamide. It almost killed me and I jumped to Suboxone. Suboxone gives me no energy boost no mood lift I've tried 16 mg and I've tried 4mg is it just useless and I'm never going to have any positive effects from bupe after high dose loperamide ripped through my tolerance!? I hate the way I feel currently.

Yeah, there is plenty of anectdotal evidence that lope is both addictive, and that it increases your tolerance a lot.

So, suboxone doesn't give you an "energy boost" or "mood lift" - but does it stave off withdrawals?

Yes addicted to lope. At high dosages of 200-300mg it gave me a good buzz and high energy level. I preferred it to the feeling I eat from Suboxone which is nothing. I don't feel like I'm in withdrawal just blah. And for the record I started off at 15mg of lope quitting heroin. The amount increased over a year and the withdrawal was worse than heroin Wd plus it was killing me slowly due to QT prolongation.

Believe me I never thought I'd be addicted to Imodium I would have laughed at you I was a heavy opiate addict for years and that stuff was just as bad and killing me faster.

I have tried everything with my Suboxone dosage higher dosage lower dosage dosing periodically throughout day or waiting 24 hours. I never feel any mood lift or energy change. I don't want to be high but I have no motivation.

Buprenorphine does not typically cause increased motivation/energy like some opiates can. It's job is to help keep you out of withdrawal and keep your cravings for opiates down so you can work on fixing the other aspects of your life that you are not happy with. The only way to reset your receptors and start to feel happy and motivated without drugs again is to give it time. Counseling, exercise, healthy diet, vitamin supplementation, etc. can help but nothing is gonna give you that artificial energized feeling except drugs. Learning to live without opiates is very hard once your body is dependant on them to produce the neurochemicals it used to make automatically. Hang in there and give it time.

I expect this to cause some nasty reactions here, but my body's chemistry was pretty fucked up, after years of Tramadol and Moprhine addiction, and some other issues I had. I wasn't able to feel joy for almost 10 years, so... I don't give a f*k about reaction, it is only that this post could disappear : ).

Coke. It works better for depression and bad mood than anything else I tried. I have been taking it for few month now, approx 1-2 times per week, or up to 10 days. Just to make something clear, I am not talking about the effect of coke when one is on it, I am talking about its therapeutic value. Unfortunately it is illegal, and more unfortunate it is expensive. Although it being expensive actually helps some people not to cross the border, not to get hooked and it also significantly reduces the frequency of its consumption, what is probably a good thing. I feel better (healthier and regarding mood), I sleep better, in general, since I have started taking it at the already mentioned rate (Currently it is rather ten days up to two weeks currently between day or two in a row long 'binges'. Not really binge but I usually spend second part of a day on it, sometimes two days in a row.).

Last edited:
Look, normally I try to be understanding here, but there's no away around the fact that this is an outright dangerous suggestion. Remember this is a harm reduction form. Look, just because all that works for you, don't discourage other people from this. I was diagnosed with refractory depression, and buprenorphine 100% solved it. I'm truly sorry that you can't find another way to be happy, but please don't drag others down with you like this. If you can't self-regulate opiate use, you won't be able to do the same for cocaine. The financial restrictions won't stop an addiction, just make it more devistating.

Why are you "truly sorry"? Doing coke every couple weeks doesn't sound like too devastating of a habit to me.

IMO/E it's not that simple to control a Cocaine habit. Of course you can go around this for weeks or months but eventually that plan you fail. The point is I don't see this as a harm reduction manner to solve the problem, especially if you coming off other drugs.

Not to mention the introduction which I don't think is appropriate at all:
I don't give a f*k about reaction, it is only that this post could disappear : ).

Really? Come on!

If you're just sniffing coke it's a pretty easy habit to control IMO. If you're shooting it or smoking crack/freebase, that's another story. But just sniffing? Pfft, easy. Especially compared to other things like meth or heroin.

Everyone is different of course and there have been raging cokeheads who just snorted, buuut...I just don't see it as being that addictive, to be completely honest. Unless maybe you live in South America and get really, really great cocaine.

How many of you, with negative attitude towards coke, have used it only intranasal? Yes people will abuse anything that helps one feel better, even chocolate ot McDonalds.

@pill.poppper, well I was perfectly able to 'self-regulate' my opioid use. I even stopped using opioids and opiates for 11 years because I didn't like the fact that I was psychically addicted. But managing my use wasn't an issue for me, as for anyone else with any health awareness (sorry if the term doesn't exist in english, cannot do better atm.), or anyone with moral values.
I am sorry if any of you feel discriminated, or something, but I am under heavy impression that people who make their addiction worse b/c of 'financial restrictions' are huge assholes.
I am now physically addicted for 4 - 5 years, and was heavy psychically addicted for 3-4 years 11 years before my physical addiction, but it never crossed my mind to do a 'bad' thing, like stealing from my parents, wife, friend, or anyone else (except maybe those I would anyway use as personal slaves).
If it appears to you as a contradiction b/c I claimed I was able to manage my opiate use successfully, and now this, well you are wrong. I got addicted because I started using opioids for pain management. That was 100% legal and I was receiving my prescription from local doc. who simply stopped doing it after 2 years. I was in pain for a long time. I have tried to manage it with 'regular' painkillers, and they fucked me quite badly. My immune system started turning it self off (yes I am talking about paracetamol, brufen, diclofenac 'regular' stuff'). My liver wasn't in great shape too. I figured I am probably going to be on pain medication for the rest of my life, so I decided I couldn't, I shouldn't care less about physical addiction. Low toxicity is of much greater importance to me. Nowadays I am not psychically addicted at all. I forget to take my dosage on a regular basis. Either pain, or WD reminds me on it. Actually this was only one of the reasons for my addiction, but I will leave rest out of the story.

That 'drugs are evil brain fuckers' stigma is b/c of people who are 'evil', b/c of those who see a material for psychological projection in these things, so they can 'project' their own failures to something else. Yes it feels much better when one knows or even 'knows' it is not his/her own fault. But in this regard, it is, it was our, your faulf, of your brother, mother, friend... I am sorry.

But people can change! If you were an asshole, and even if you still feel an urge to be one, don't give up!

Also, I really don't consider coke, heroin or whatever, harmless as vegetables or water, I really don't. These stuff should be regulated, but also easier to obtain, because these can also help people. Often better than regular drugs, created to make profit on the first place, and to help on the second. The reason why my liver is fucked up, is because I ate ~30 regular tablets in one day. No I didn't want to kill my self, I was just in pain. These tablets didn't even help.

I know this is the lamest and least exciting advice, but for what your feeling (OP), vigorous excersize may be your only savior. Each time I've gone through the various stages of WD and PAWS- which has been painfully part of my life for so long- excersize is really just the best. You can research different meds, what works what doesn't, but going out and running even a couple blocks WILL make you feel better. You need to get out of breathe, exert some energy and force your body to start producing endorphins. The great thing is it really works, you just have to do it! After a couple days of acute wd when I start to feel ok I always go out and do a couple sets of short runs, followe by a walk to catch by breathe each time. Then I just do a couple sets of 10 push-ups, pull ups, and sit-ups. After I sit on the couch and drink some water or protein and although it's not much, i almost always feel damn good. AND I find that my recovery speeds the hell up! Just do it bro!

Some good old pre workout does wonders for motivation and to push you out of bed as well! I know caffeine is poo pooed, but if it gets you out of bed to move around, or to work or whatever obligations you have, so be it. Not everyone can just put life on hold. Plus, ime I've never noticed negative effects from it.

@Bkbanger
I agree, although it is not as simple as that. You are probably a person who remained enough physically active trough your life, so you are not aware of issues people who spent most part of their life sitting have.
When you go out and run, excersize etc. you can feel nice, depending on the intensity of your workout, but people I just mentioned usually feel like shit.
Also, lot of us have some injuries which make our situation more complicated.

Now important part. That Bkbanger said is possible. One only has to have few things on mind.

First: start easy, do not compare yourself to people who are already in shape. This is very important, not only to feel well, but to remain healthy, actually not to make your health worse. Make pause, and excersize only while you feel comfortable (not 100%.). Don't continue until you feel sick, nausea or something.

If you have injuries, find activity which suites you. Maybe you cannot run, or even swim all styles, but maybe you can swim one, or ride a bicycle.

Getting back to the OP here either just try and power through for awhile while your body hopefully adjusts to the bupe and gets used to having the lower dose of opioids and maybe just maybe you will start to feel the effects you used to feel before falling off the wagon. Then again maybe that ship has sailed in which case like has already been suggested maybe methadone is the way to go.

Just give the bupe as much time as you can bear and then take it from there.

@Bkbanger
I agree, although it is not as simple as that. You are probably a person who remained enough physically active trough your life, so you are not aware of issues people who spent most part of their life sitting have.
When you go out and run, excersize etc. you can feel nice, depending on the intensity of your workout, but people I just mentioned usually feel like shit.
Also, lot of us have some injuries which make our situation more complicated.

Now important part. That Bkbanger said is possible. One only has to have few things on mind.

First: start easy, do not compare yourself to people who are already in shape. This is very important, not only to feel well, but to remain healthy, actually not to make your health worse. Make pause, and excersize only while you feel comfortable (not 100%.). Don't continue until you feel sick, nausea or something.

If you have injuries, find activity which suites you. Maybe you cannot run, or even swim all styles, but maybe you can swim one, or ride a bicycle.

Yea... Wasn't trying to prescribe my personal routine, just offering a model if it's applicable. Point to take, as you said is just to do what you can. Getting out of bed or off the couch and moving around is helpful and a victory of sorts in its own right! Even a slow walk for a couple blocks gets things moving.