• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Bupe doesn't work after On and off for 5 years and other problems PLEASE HELP

Billrtok

Greenlighter
First time poster here. I usually can find so much info here I don't need to post. Somebody PLEASE help me with this. Most of you guys are so good at this.

I've been on and off opiates for the last 7 years. 5 years ago I got some subutex off the street. Didn't know what I was doing went into precipitated W / D for about 5 days just kept taking more subutex then about day 6 or 7 I felt like I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and felt AMAZING. I only made it this far in precip because I was listening to idiots off the street and had no idea that I could reverse it.

Well 2 years go by and my stupid ass gets back on oxycodone 30 mg sniffed. Got up to about 450 - 600 mg a day. Through the last 4 - 5 years I have gotten clean for a week or two and back on my subs. I would usually wait 24 hours take some like 4 mg sub and smoke some chronic and then the next day I would feel good but W/D came in waves for a 3 - 4 days but we're manageable and after 4 days or so I would start to feel great.

Now I've done it 3 times where I just use chronic and benzos to sleep and i won't feel full W/D but I feel far from good or ok. This lasts for 5 - 6 days. Maybe it would last longer but that's the longest I've made it. If I take the subutex on day 5 I go into immediate precip W/D.

Some might say well if your on day 6 and don't feel that bad why don't you just wait it out? I don't feel that bad as in precip but it still comes in waves. By day 6 the benzos don't make me sleep so I'm up all night I feel in a haze it's not fun but it's not close to ok.

The sub used to make me feel so great after the short W/D now I feel like I've ruined it for myself.

I recently read about cross tapering i.e. The Bernese Method. I'm considering that.

I did my last sniff of 180 mg oxycodone last night at 830. I feel ok. If I lay on the couch too long I'll start to sweat. But like the last hundred times come 9 PM I'll start to feel a little shitty and will usually smoke then take a couple bars around 1130 and sleep till 5 or 6. Then I just feel like a zombie for the next 5 or 6 days.

Last week I got to day 4 started feeling pretty bad and took 3 - 4 mg subutex and within 15 mins I was in full holy shit precip.

Is this the kindling effect?

Has anyone tried the cross taper i.e. Bernese Method?

Anyone have any idea what's going on with me?

I want to be clean. But I also want to be on subs again so after a few days I can feel normal and have energy. I just cannnot handle the precip W/D.

Sorry for the long post. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Just wanted to throw in that tonight at 8:30 - 9:00 PM EST will be 24 hours since my last dose of oxys.

Still only scoring a 4 - 6 on the COWS worksheet.

It comes in waves though so I don't know if I should be calculating my COWS score when the waves hit or when it's not that bad.

Well 36 hours at 9 AM EST this morning.

Slightly agitated but no where even remotely close to being sick enough to take my sub.

This is what happened last week and before. 4 - 6 days and I'll be just like this.

I need to be able to take my sub or I will relapse before day 7.

Anyone?

I'll just say if you do take a sub don't take more than 1 mg even 0.5 mg is a better place to start. If you're worried about PWD occurring it is better to test the water out and slowly go deeper while taking a high dose is a cannon ball into the deep end of a freezing cold pool.

It's very odd you are waiting 4-6 days without getting withdrawals, but you are taking extremely high doses.... I mean 180 mg blues? 6 pills at a time? That's 6 pills 6x the normal dose so 6x6=36x a beginners dose to manage pain. That's not even 12 hour oral release as most of that powder must drip to your stomach releasing it all over 20 minutes. Without taking time to reduce your oxy dose first this will be hard, but with your level of self control that seems impossible. All I can do is wish you luck.

Thank you so much for responding.

Yes I've been on a very high dose. But I have transferred to bupe at this dose many times before.

It's not that I don't have ANY w/d I have sensitivity to hot cold and will come in waves but it's nowhere above a 5 on the COWS.

IF i did take some sub a small amount and it sent me into precip what do I do then? Take more sub or wait? I've never been able to research a straight answer on that.

Again thank you

Also since w/d comes in waves do I score myself when the waves hit or when they're not there and I don't feel that bad?

Well it's been an hour since i took the first tiny bit. Usually I'll go into precip within 15 mins.

Took about 2 more mg about 40 mins ago. I feel ok. Not great but DEF not precip?

Do you think I should take more?

Pwd can kick in slow and just get worse and worse. Taking more will only make it worse time makes it better. If you throw yourself into PWD a full agonist like oxy will take the edge off it, but will be another bump in the road while transitioning.

Wait at least an hour before dosing more. It's a very fine line between minor PWD and full blown PWD. Bupe is surprisingly potent.

Thanks Taco.

It's been an hour and 20 mins since first small dose and an hour since 2 more mg.

Guess I'll wait a bit and if no symptoms take some more.

As an update I did it very slowly like you said and after the first 4mg I waited 12 hours took 2 more mg.

Now I'm in a kind of middle situation where it comes in waves. I feel great then bam I feel like complete shit. Hoping this will go away in the next few days.