• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

bupe and kratom

jock briton

Bluelighter
well i have just used kratom for 7 days to try and use as a bridge from subutex withdrawal,i taperd down from 12mg sub to 0.4, Anyway i come off the kratom today and the restless body was off the scale i undrstand the half life of subutex and also the kratom was just filling the same receptors so my brain wasnt really getting a break,what i will say is that before the kratom i did try loperamide and at about 30 to 40 mg and it did nothing so kratom for last 7 days instead and like i said rls was horrendous until i took kratom,so i know im just replaceing one habit for another with kratom i dont care what folk say you defo rattle off it,so this morning i took 4 loperamide and it is dealing with the restless body is this because some of the subs off my gut receptors as i know 8mg of lope will do nothing to my brain,any answers would be intresting thanks jock

Yeah the kratom is just prolonging the withdrawals. What are you looking to do? Abstain from all opioids? .4mg of sub isnt a lot. I dont think tapering any further is going to do much. You'll just have to face the music. If you need some relief try non-opioid drugs like gabapentin or benzos (used sparingly). Some people are happy on kratom as a maintenance drug. I did that for about 6 months but eventually came back to suboxone as I felt more stable on it.

Yeah the kratom is just prolonging the withdrawals. What are you looking to do? Abstain from all opioids? .4mg of sub isnt a lot. I dont think tapering any further is going to do much. You'll just have to face the music. If you need some relief try non-opioid drugs like gabapentin or benzos (used sparingly). Some people are happy on kratom as a maintenance drug. I did that for about 6 months but eventually came back to suboxone as I felt more stable on it.
well i just want to be drug free after 8 years on subutex i think the kratom helped me reach 7 days of it as i just never had the will power to sit through the restless spine and whole body,but im glad i used it now as 4 immodium are holding the restless body at bay and i know that doesnt cross or stay in the brain so my receptors will heal,i have got gabbapentin and vallium and zoplicone but they never helped the rls one bit but did with the anxiety and sence of doom,il drop a loperamide every 2 days now and hopefully thats me finished with the curse known as subutex withdrawal and addiction