• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe after narcan nasal spray?

SilentAcceptance

Greenlighter
Hello Friends,

I'm trying to get some info about using Bupe after receiving Narcan nasal spray. Let's say a person using opiates were to use Narcan nasal spray. This would obviously send them into withdrawal due to the receptors being rapidly cleared of opiates. Could this person then safely take Suboxone, with the hope that the Sub would lessen the effects of withdrawal? I understand that there are many factors to consider, including but not limited to which opiates were being used and for how long, the size of the dose of Sub, ect... but I'm trying to find out if this is even a possibility and how one might approach it. Thanks! Be safe!

I?ve thought about this before as well. I have both narcan nasal spray and subutex/subuxone but man am I scared of precipitated withdrawals

If you are asking about going from full agonist -> narcan -> bupe in quick succession you would probably just be better off waiting for the narcan to wear off as it has a short duration of action.

If you were to take bupe at the HEIGHT of PWD caused by narcan it would probably lessen them but may not stop them completely, that would depend largely on how tolerant you are to bupe and what you had in your system. If you were already tolerant to bupe, and had a large habit with high amounts of full agonists in your system and were to dose bupe at the height of narcan induced PWD it would probably lessen the WD but may extend them as the narcans effects would wear off quickly but bupe would not.

It could make them worse IF the dose of narcan was low enough that it wasn't blocking all the opiates in your system,

If you are talking about going from bupe -> narcan -> bupe, then no PWD is not a concern.(for the bupe, not the narcan)

But if your habit wasn't too large, you hadn't just taken a dose of full agonists, and you are fairly new to bupe, I would assume that it would relieve narcan induced WD fairly well.