• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Bunk kratom and the state of the US market

An easy thing would be to temporarily change to a very common device like a juul or change your juice brand and nic concentration. I once had a batch of juice that made all my kratom symptoms 100x worse, plus nausea that I didn't have beforehand. The nausea part went away right after I switched juice.
Curious... I switched to a cheap brand of juice some time ago. I liked it because the taste is mild compared to the other fruity stuff that tastes like vaping liquid skittles diabetes juice. "Baton" brand.

I'll change and see if it could be a factor.

You've pretty much nailed it. The worst strains I had were disgustingly bitter and some people think bitterness is a sign of higher potency. Headshop kratom isn't necessarily always bad however. Amazing Herbs is a brand at my headshop and it's very good. There was one vendor who had decent stuff but my right hand started to turn yellow after awhile of taking it. I've never had that happen with any other vendor or kratom.

Gas station/smoke shop extracts, though, those can be dangerous. I tried one last summer and it got me fucked up beyond belief, and I have a kratom tolerance. I suspect there could've been other things added to it. All I know is that little tube was like drinking 100g of kratom at once mixed with isopropyl, it was abysmal. I was chugging chocolate milk after that and it still didn't get the taste out of my mouth.

Can't forget that if it's brown, 95% of the time it's going to be shitty. The vendor I used to use had a lot of crappy brown stuff, I avoided all of their reds for this reason. Only a select few "strains" were consistently good, and they were always green vein. White veins feel a bit weaker to me, but that's the only type of kratom that actually has a slightly different effect since they grind up the "bones" or the stems/inner stem of the leaf which actually does have stimulant properties. Strains aren't really a thing though, the stuff's either good or bad.

It just to happened my vendor would put up specific batches/lot numbers for the ones that were potent for me and I only went with those which were consistently good. The smoke shop kratom where I'm at though is actually really good. But a vitamin/herb shop near there has pretty weak shit. I'd feel withdrawals despite taking usual doses. Their red strains are also brown, but I've had 2 from the one vendor I used to use that were literally dirt, and the 2nd one was supposed to be "white jongkong" or something. It took 20g to even feel a bit of it, whereas 5g will get me really stoned now and was always around the area that would.

I'd agree most smokeshop kratom is bad though. Just this one little store in my area has a big display of kratom and I've only got the green every time. I always go for the green because that usually means it was dried inside and no alkaloids destroyed. Whites are grown indoors too, but apparently that one I had didn't or was labeled wrong.
Do you mean Remarkable Herbs brand? Their stuff used to be quite decent, especially their green malay. I bought a bag of it recently that was dated 04/2021 and it was excellent. Then I bought a bag dated 12/2021 and it was dog shit. ;( another casualty to the shitty market.

Yeah Remarkable Herbs. I only ever buy the "Green MD" and it's been consistent every time, same taste, effects and all. I hardly ever buy it online anymore because $70 for ~600g of kratom isn't a horrible deal. I know I can get $90-$100 kilos online but if I want consistently good kratom I always go to this one smoke shop. The vendors were just getting too inconsistent. I haven't tried other "strains" of theirs mainly because strains don't really exist, the same vendor can just sun dry a batch and call it Red Borneo when it never even came from Borneo lol. There's this big post somewhere that I linked awhile back where someone went to Indonesia and was basically laughed at when they asked about strains. It's all just kratom to them, vendors try and make it seem like the cannabis industry in a way with all these varieties when really it just comes down to good or bad.

Sounds like either your smoke shop is just inconsistent or they have a bad environment for the kratom or something, I can't think of any other reason why this brand would be some of the best kratom I've ever had each time I've gone there if not the best, and I've used some of the highest quality vendors in the past, some which had kratom priced higher than it really needed to be. The capsules are really overpriced though, it's like $50 for 150 grams whereas $70 would get me a big 20 ounce bag. Depending on who's working there they give you a free ounce of capsules per big bag. I feel like if I got any others like Malay or whatnot it wouldn't be as good. I'm convinced that brand just has all the same stuff in different bags but I really have yet to test that idea.

Last edited:
Here’s the study by the FDA. Heavy metals aside Kratom is a really nasty dirty drug. Also hepatoxic

Sorry to OP….another victim of what drug prohibition does.

Someone’s gonna make the drug if the drug companies aren’t allowed to and it’s gonna have a lot of poison in it…..that’s how ALL drug policy should be explained to anyone
FDA eh? Are those levels really that dangerous? Everything has heavy metals to some degree. Those are in nanograms, so I think that's pretty little. Looks like a few micrograms generally. I'm not a toxicologist though.
I just find it pretty hard to believe that a type of green tea leaf has more heavy metals than a hot mesh coil for vaping.

Of course it can be bad on your liver, that's why you don't take too much. The fact is this is the only opioid on the planet that is actually genuinely safe and impossible to overdose on alone. 1. Your body will reject it, that's too much plant matter, and 2. it has antagonist effects the higher you dose. I've found this out many times when I re-dosed and then lost effects. This is also why taking it with Oxy or something, the Oxy will do little or nothing. I experienced this last year after sinus surgery and there are many threads about why not to mix them. As for heavy metal, that's really not that common. Sketchy gas station kratom might have it, but if you have a good vendor or brand you're fine. Extracts are what are dangerous and unpredictable because some have been known to be infused with synthetic opioids, like a bit of morphine or something.

Fact is there are like no cases of deaths from kratom alone, only combined with other substances, sometimes even fent, and yet they put their eye on the kratom lol. All I know is I'm almost 6 years into near daily use and my liver enzymes are always fine, many peoples are even with pretty damn high doses like 20g a day. I try to keep it 5-7g maximum, some people get stupid and end up on 50g, but sometimes they're coming off something like heroin and they really need a big amount. It's got many people off the hard shit and saved many lives for sure. That's pretty much the sole reason why it still hasn't been banned, the protests are strong.

Omg yes this has been happening to with me with the Kratom K*ps brand . Hubby grabbed me a tub of it and gave me the worse headache , could feel like a pulsating in a vein in my head , could hear my heartbeat in my ears , dizzy , hot flashes .. I was scared I was gonna stroke out ! Went back to my regular brand Remarkable H*erbs , never had any problems with that brand yet .
Where do you see the date on the Remarkable brand ? Where I get it no one else really buys it so they might have older stuff and that's why I haven't had any problems yet.

Where do you see the date on the Remarkable brand ? Where I get it no one else really buys it so they might have older stuff and that's why I haven't had any problems yet.
It's on the back near the bottom in black I think

It's just a string of 5 numbers like "04221"

The last 2 digits are the year

@Synaps3 turns out my vape was definitely giving me some weird side effects. I switched to cigarettes just as an experiment and I feel a hell of a lot better in a lot of ways.

Weird...

Was it the juice? The coils? I'm not sure. I've been using that brand for over a year. I've also been having a lot of weird health issues in the last year...

The anxiety some kratom was giving me is also apparently gone.

think imma order some kra sometime this week. just a little. notice that vendor has a new datestamp.
cheap enough.
was great stuff for years hope it hlods true now... if i do it will make the call in AM.
been almost a year...?

I was ordering from a bigger vendor that was AKA approved, one that has $90 kilos. For a while it was good but I got a kilo of my usually white Thai earlier this year and it was absolute shit. Didn't do anything so I actually returned it and found some smaller businesses, but yea there is some trash kratom out there

I pulled out some Bali leaf that needs grinding that I got from kratomtrees in 2007. It is as good as when I got it. And I can confirm the red bentuangie I have been getting is as good. So there is good kratom out there.

I have had weak batches but not in years and not from my 2 normal vendors. Online vendors. Never went into a store for it.