• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bunavail Anyone?

th3j4yxr

Greenlighter
Hello all, first time poster, long time reader here.

I have been tapering down off suboxone and am currently at the 2mg mark, my new doctor has decided for some reason to give me Bunavail, which he says is better. I was really happy that I could just put it on my cheek, and that the doctor was so convinced that this drug was better than sub, with a better bioavailability and absorption. Yesterday morning I cut the strip (about 1/4 of the whole thing), adhered it to my cheek as per instruction (number side on cheek), and waited. This drug does not truly dissolve, and it takes over an hour to even start "disappearing". :? Last night I experienced the onset of minor withdrawals (yawning, teary eyes like crazy, running nose, chills, anxiety) so i took my last piece of suboxone and "magically" they went away. Now my question is does this drug simply not work? I have done EVERYTHING correctly of that I am certain, yet the drug takes forever to dissolve, it just sort of gums up on my cheek, it even starts to fall off sometimes and sticks to my teeth. I know its not being absorbed as I haven't felt withdrawals since i started on the suboxone. And I'd hate to say i feel a "high" on the suboxone, but I can feel it, with this I don't. At all. Can you not cut this drug maybe? Should i try and have the numbers face out? Im really confused as to why this isn't working for me. Since my insurance covers this drug I'd really like it to work. Does anyone have any experience with Bunavail? Help greatly appreciated!

Thanks much.

P.S. They aren't expired either, expiration is next year.

I was prescribed to them for 2 months at the equivalent of 2 8mg subs a day of which I only took 1 a day.... They worked for me... U must make sure that the side that had the writing on them is the side U place against ur cheek. But yes if u take them correctly they should work and don't think about it too much or your withdrawal could just as well be placebo. I switched back to subs after 2 months because I felt the bunavails did not have the bupe evenly distributed throughout the strip for smaller dosing. They taste a hell of a lot better though.

Thanks for your reply, im maybe starting to think ive gotten a bad batch then, the side with the numbers i place against my cheek. Or maybe since your opinion that the bupe isn't evenly distributed is the problem here. I'm either not getting enough from the smaller strips by cutting it or they really aren't meant for cutting. i will try a full strip, although im nervous as this would be a step backward in my taper plan, I'll see if anyone else responds by the end of the day before I do so, after that I'm going with the full strip plan.

I just registered to answer you. I was switched from subutex to bunavail 5 days ago on Friday, by Sunday I had horrible precipitated withdrawals. Spoke to my sub nurse on Monday and she didn't seem surprised, said I had to get used to it :/ It is a little better now but morninngs are worse. I'm seeing the Doc on Friday and they were planning on tapering me...doubt that's going to happen now. I experience the same hour long stuck to my teeth crap too, so today I got up and put the strip in and I'm just laying in bed for an hour before work. I hope this helps, if I were you I'd move back the taper date until your stable, I'm hoping this doesn't happen every time I taper, ugh.

Just remember, most of the medicine dissolves fairly quick within a few minutes the doctor told me. The leftover goo can be swallowed without wasting any bupe I'd say after ten or fifteen mins... They worked for me. I was takin whole strips most of the time though. Halves would still work too but I notice sometimes a half wouldn't hold me as long as the other half would. Either way good luck everyone on your road to recovery!!! It's sooo worth it!!

I also just registered to reply as well, long time reader, first reply. I was just put on Bunavial after moving to Florida. I was on suboxone roughly off and on about 6 months. The first three days I took the Bunavail it was making me incredibly high. To the point were I wasn't even sure if I should be taking it anymore. It made me feel like I had crushed up a handful of oxys. Then I took a three day break and went on an oxy bender. I waited until I was in complete withdraw and took my one film. It barely did anything. I still felt terrible. But j decided to sleep it off, thinking maybe I took it too soon. So yesterday was the second day taking it again.... I certainly didn't get the feeling I did the first three days. Then today, withdraws were tolerable but I had zero energy what so ever. And I'm getting hot flashes and cold sweat flashes. I don't like it. I just took a second one to see if that helps. Laying here hoping I'll at least feel somewhat normal enough. I miss suboxone. I never had a single problem with subs. I also just wanted to add my doctor as well as all the information they gave me on the Bunavail says DO NOT CUT. I agree it has something to do with not being evenly distributed. I can't stand this sticky gooey mess in my mouth. It takes forever and I don't feel like it works very well. I have one week left before I need a refill and I'm not doing this one again. It just makes me wanna chase the dragon. :(

Ok. I just registered to reply to this. Anyway, I've been on Subutex for around 2 years and Tennessee just passed a new law saying only pregnant women were allowed to be on it. I went to the dr the other dAy and he told me about the free 14 day trial so I figured why not? When I do my tex I usually only do a half and sometimes just a quarter a day just depends on the situation. Well I had already done a half of Subutex yesterday morning. I never feel it so nothing new there. I just know that if I don't take it it'll be bad. Ya know? Anyway so I ended up taking a quarter of a Bunavail last night. Then today I had went all day without anything which isn't really unusual. I usually don't go into withdrawal for a couple days anyway. Well around 4 or 5pm I started yawning uncontrollably. I just wrote it off to being tired and not getting enough sleep. Then all the sudden I started getting these gut wrenching stomach cramps along with diarrhea and of course the sweats. I couldn't figure out what it was bc I've never ever went into withdrawal so fast, but i figured just in case I was, I would go ahead and take the other 3/4 of that film. Then about 45 minutes to an hour later it began to subside. I'm still very confused and can't figure out why I would go into withdrawal so fast when normally it would take 2 or 3 days. Any thoughts?

Bunavail how can I get switched to a higher dose

I have been on Bunavail for 2 weeks. Due to Insurrance. I was taking 3/4 of a strip a day. Now I have to take a whole 4.2 strip to feel the same. I feel like I need a higher dose. Has anyone been switched to the 6mg and if so how did you approach your doctor with it. Thank you in advance.

Hey....I am trying to taper with bunavail and it is awful. I know this thread is old but I really hope someone is out there that can help me?

I am on the 6 mg Bunavail...when they first came out he switched me from 1.5 8mg Suboxone a day to Bunavail .. I immediately didn't like it so he put me back on Suboxone. Then I got insurance, and they only covered the Bunavail so I decided to try again. I told him that the 4.2 mg he had given me before did not work and made me WANT TO USE .. and I'm still having some trouble on the 6 mg a day ... I am skeptical about the "double the power" b/c I felt WAY better on Suboxone than I do on Bunavail. I don't get it. But they are FREE instead of $250 a month, so I'm kind of stuck ... I would tell your doctor you want to use and have done research and other people feel the same about the Bunavail not working the same as the Suboxone ...

I cut my strip and notice is does better....when I put the whole thing in my mouth is bubbles up, peels off on the sides, and is a mess. My doctor told me to cut it into triangles, with the pointed side down, so your teeth don't mess it up. I have found it much better to do a half in the morning and another half around 1 or 2 pm ...

Just an update guys, never wound up working for me, got back on my subs, bunavail seems to be a hit or miss. Subutex or Suboxone is recommended.

I've got a question. If I'm on 3-8/2mg of suboxone tabs per day. And I switched to bunavail, how many would I take a day? I don't want to lose a dose. Thanks.

Why not just put it under your tongue if buccal doesn't work?

I switched from Suboxone to bunavail yesterday and I placed it on my cheek (number side against my cheek) and literally about 30 minutes later it was all falling off in my mouth. Is it supposed to do that? Am I losing medicine by this happening? I swallowed it because I didn't know what else to do. Help please!

I was wondering if people are used to snorting Suboxone films, if these Bunavail would be close to the same bioavailability. What is the bioavailability of Bunavail?

Hello everybody,
First off I know shooting anything is bad.
Second I know shooting bupe is bad.

Anyways, I have Bunavail 4.2 mg and im not sure how to go about it, any help? Btw, I used to shoot the suboxone strips all the time so don't give me that shit about you cant.