• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Budkups (cartridge loading system for Pax 3)

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Picture of the multiloader (you can load them by hand, but it’s piddly work) with one empty cartridge and in front, the closed 2 piece cartridge and a lid.

l5Hy3Knl.jpg

Picture of the bottom of the Pax 3 with oven lid removed and cartridge inserted

eusTKFKl.jpg

On the top row, 3 loads of lightly vaped weed in a cartridge and below some unvaped weed for comparison

W0S67Okl.jpg

I weighed 2 empty carts and both were 1.03g. After loading them with weed, I weighed them and found I’m adding 0.15-0.19g flower per cartridge. So the pocket humidor, which I don’t show here, holds 6 carts or ~1g.

Tom
#1 - forgot to add that you use the full pack oven lid with this. The full pack lid would not fit on with the cartridge inserted.…
#2 - managed to pack 0.21g into 1 kup. Airflow not restricted.
#3 - managed to cram 0.29g into 1 kup. Airflow not restricted. This is close to what I think you can load into these things. This was with dry, dust crumbled weed.

Last edited:
I’ve had the Budkups for a few days, and some comments;

- it will hold ~ 0.2g if you really pack it in there, otherwise just tamp it down lightly and a bit less.
- Heat up time is 30 seconds from cold to 4 petals with the full cartridge inserted.
- since both sides of the cartridge are perforated, there is very little if any added drag/resistance. Good airflow.
- this toasts the bud evenly; better than the Pax 3 w/no insert

These cups are delicate to the extent that if you dropped a heavy object on an empty cartridge w/o lid it would suffer some kind of damage. The lids are little and fiddly and they don’t so much fit on as snap on. But, no cleaning the Pax except with a pipe cleaner and an ISO wipe only occasionally. The cartridges themselves are easy to clean out. You do have to remove the screen from the Pax and you need to use the full pack (or alternative) oven lid.

Tom

After 10 days with Budkups, hands down they are better than using a Pax w/o. The bud is completely evenly toasted with no uncooked spots. Photo is cropped but otherwise unedited and shot from an iPod 😀 Some what oddly, the Budkups work better when you really, really jam the flower in there and pack it down tight. Airflow isn’t restricted b/c both top & bottom of the Kups are perforated with about 60 or more small holes (tried counting them and couldn’t).

vgzugg5l.jpg

‘Tom

Last edited: